NicksGamingStuff
NicksGamingStuff
  • Threads: 50
January 16th, 2011 at 8:18:34 AM permalink
For any Pai Gow tiles players, I just wanted to share this link. The episode is cheesy, but it was fun to see the guy from Kill Bill win big at tiles, as well as see tiles used in the show, not a lot of gaming media shows tiles. I doubt there is really something called the death tile, but it was a decent thing to watch while having my morning coffee.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0h0Vk3yG65A
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
January 16th, 2011 at 11:25:24 AM permalink
Yeah, its nice sometimes to see movies or tv shows where gamblers in the old west played Faro which was likely to be the game of choice back then.
Robert Mitchum played Sic Bo in Macau.
John Payne played craps in Tiajuana the way it used to really be played rather than a house banked game.
Bogart and Bacall had accurate layouts if not necessarily accurate results.

Perhaps its similar to seeing five cent beers or ten cent phone calls or running boards and parking spaces... I like it when the gambling is historically accurate or at least historically plausible. Not all gambling in this country was Barbary Coast style. Some western mining towns had fine restaurants, fine playhouses and perfectly legitimate gambling halls.

Our history books reveal that one windy day a gambler took out his six shooter and put it down on the table solely to weight down the bills he had placed there but the two gamblers running the game each thought he had wised up and grabbed their lapels to show they were not going for guns and told him they would return his money. Now that is the kind of rebate I might still like to see from time to time.
HKrandom
HKrandom
  • Threads: 18
January 16th, 2011 at 11:27:47 AM permalink
Thanks for sharing! The show White Collar also has an episode with Pai Gow tiles.
  • Jump to: