Thread Rating:

TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 22
Thanks for this post from:
camaplRogerKint
April 26th, 2022 at 8:19:54 AM permalink
The big conspiracy theory is that Elon is buying Twitter just to delete it... lol...

Well, we can dream, can't we? Maybe we'll get lucky and he does the same with Facebook, too...
Mukke
Mukke
  • Threads: 3
April 26th, 2022 at 9:01:25 AM permalink
As much as I fear his convictions will mean letting anyone (*cough* Trump *cough) have their free speech, I'm actually curious to see what he will do about bots.

If anyone can do it, he might be the guy, to finally put money and AI to good use and FIX the problem with bots and echo chamber algorithms.
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
  • Threads: 64
April 26th, 2022 at 10:04:39 AM permalink
Twitter safety has been useless & hollow for years, Musk can't fix that. I think he deletes the app, or gets it deleted from the app stores through outrage (ask Russia).
Mukke
Mukke
  • Threads: 3
April 26th, 2022 at 10:40:22 AM permalink
The idea that Musk will delete Twitter is insane to me. He enjoys that platform as much as anyone, and appear to strongly believe in "free speech" for everyone.

There is no way he will try to kill it intentionally, and while he might stir up some controversy and get it blocked temporarily in app stores, he's not stupid enough to accidently kill Twitter and lose all of his investment and ideological beliefs around it.
Gialmere
Gialmere
  • Threads: 42
Thanks for this post from:
ChumpChange
April 26th, 2022 at 11:11:25 AM permalink
Quote: Mukke

As much as I fear his convictions will mean letting anyone (*cough* Trump *cough) have their free speech, I'm actually curious to see what he will do about bots.

If anyone can do it, he might be the guy, to finally put money and AI to good use and FIX the problem with bots and echo chamber algorithms.
link to original post

There's actually weird things going on today. Some big name users are reporting that they are suddenly losing thousands of followers. The speculation is that people are pulling their bots before Musk begins a purge of fake accounts.

Other famous users, however, seem to suddenly be gaining thousands of followers. So, maybe there was a mini purge overnight or perhaps someone is adjusting the programming. Of course, the numbers could simply reflect an immediate exodus of newly disgruntled users along with the returning arrival of formerly disgruntled users.
Have you tried 22 tonight? I said 22.
TigerWu
TigerWu
April 26th, 2022 at 11:12:23 AM permalink
Although I agree he won't kill Twitter, money is meaningless to guys like Elon. When you get to that level, it's all about power. Deleting one of the most popular websites/apps in the world for no reason would be a huge power move. And kind of funny. And seems exactly like something Elon Musk would do. But again, I seriously doubt it will happen (unfortunately).
Gundy
Gundy
  • Threads: 0
April 26th, 2022 at 12:28:35 PM permalink
It's a sad day for censorship.
TigerWu
TigerWu
April 26th, 2022 at 12:47:20 PM permalink
Quote: Gundy

It's a sad day for censorship.
link to original post

You mean a good day? Now one man controls an entire media outlet and is taking it private.
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
  • Threads: 64
April 26th, 2022 at 12:52:23 PM permalink
Just saw a tweet by Elon Musk that he'd buy Facebook just to delete it.
Gundy
Gundy
  • Threads: 0
April 26th, 2022 at 1:01:22 PM permalink
Quote: ChumpChange

Just saw a tweet by Elon Musk that he'd buy Facebook just to delete it.
link to original post

He could pay Facebook users to delete their accounts. Throw a fin at everyone willing to do it. That would destroy FB and save Elon lots of cash.

• Jump to: