Thread Rating:

Starburger
Starburger
  • Threads: 2
February 8th, 2022 at 9:03:19 AM permalink
To quote Mean Girls, "The work is right, but the answer is wrong." I lost a $300 bet that Lori Loughlin wouldn't receive any prison/jail for her participation in the College Scandal.

My work was.

She's a female. Females tend to get slaps on the wrists in the justice system.
She's wealthy. Wealthy People tend to get slaps on the wrists.
She wasn't doing anything Drug related. She wasn't a Drug Queenpin or anything like that. All she did was pay $500,000 for her Daughters' College Acceptances. I thought this would blow over quickly as it was just College Acceptance scandals. On the grand scheme of things., that really isn't all that bad.
Many other Celebs did far worse and received no jail/prison time
She didn't murder anyone.
She was a well renowed and well loved Household name/Actress and the beloved Aunt Becky on Full House. I couldn't see anyone putting "Aunt Becky," in jail/prison.
She wasn't the Ring leader/Mastermind, just a participant.
Covid hit and there was the real possibility of her not getting any jail/Prison because of Covid.

I assumed she'd just be getting a fine and community service and that be it. I thought that I surely would win this $300 bet, I was so wrong and stood corrected.
Last edited by: Starburger on Feb 8, 2022
One man's offense is another man's humor.
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 26
Thanked by
Starburger
February 8th, 2022 at 9:17:12 AM permalink
You forgot a crucial variable in your equation, though:

She was probably the biggest name associated with the scandal (as far as the general public was concerned), so she would have been the easiest person to make an example of.
Starburger
Starburger
February 8th, 2022 at 9:18:33 AM permalink
Quote: TigerWu

She was probably the biggest name associated with the scandal (as far as the general public was concerned), so she would have been the easiest person to make an example of.
link to original post

Hmm. You are right. I should have factored that in before accepting that $300 bet. Oh well, that's gambling.
TigerWu
TigerWu
February 8th, 2022 at 9:31:49 AM permalink
Quote: Starburger

link to original post

Hmm. You are right. I should have factored that in before accepting that $300 bet. Oh well, that's gambling.
link to original post

I honestly didn't think she'd get jail time, either, though.

Also, when did you make the bet? Before or after she actually pled guilty? The guilty plea and sentencing were several months apart.
Starburger
Starburger
February 8th, 2022 at 9:32:27 AM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

I honestly didn't think she'd get jail time, either, though.

Also, when did you make the bet? Before or after she actually pled guilty? The guilty plea and sentencing were several months apart.
link to original post

I made the bet before she pled guilty.
TigerWu
TigerWu
February 8th, 2022 at 10:35:53 AM permalink

I made the bet before she pled guilty.
link to original post

Despite what I said, I don't think you made a bad bet, as per your listed reasons.

If you had made the bet AFTER she pled guilty, that would be different; she pled guilty to wire and mail fraud, which is something even rich white people go to jail for.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
February 8th, 2022 at 11:56:50 AM permalink
you should Not have AccepTed tHe unfAir bet uNless you were given odds.
OnceDear
OnceDear
  • Threads: 63
February 8th, 2022 at 12:34:56 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

link to original post

c'mon Soopoo. We may think it, suspect it, believe it even. But it is mischievous to so strongly imply it to those who don't yet see it that way. Please desist or bring your evidence to me by PM.
Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
February 8th, 2022 at 3:14:36 PM permalink
Quote: OnceDear

link to original post

c'mon Soopoo. We may think it, suspect it, believe it even. But it is mischievous to so strongly imply it to those who don't yet see it that way. Please desist or bring your evidence to me by PM.
link to original post

Come on, OD! I dare you to name ONE person who has given it one synapse worth of thought who doesn’t ‘yet see it that way’! Frankly, WOV is not a court of law. Is there a one in a million chance I’m wrong? Maybe. Use the brain you have and the power vested in you to do the right thing.
TigerWu
TigerWu
February 8th, 2022 at 3:34:03 PM permalink
What is happening in this thread??
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
February 8th, 2022 at 3:57:06 PM permalink

link to original post

OnceDear is alleging that SOOPOO is alleging that a certain poster is a sock puppet of a long banned poster.
No way
Anyone can
Tell me that I
Have made
An error
Now.

Last post of this type to avoid a hijacking penalty.
OnceDear
OnceDear
  • Threads: 63
February 9th, 2022 at 2:27:42 AM permalink

link to original post

OnceDear is alleging that SOOPOO is alleging that a certain poster is a sock puppet of a long banned poster.
No way
Anyone can
Tell me that I
Have made
An error
Now.

Last post of this type to avoid a hijacking penalty.
link to original post

SO yOu're POssibly cOrrect But wE Won't hAve RaNdom allEgations Done your way.

Do you remember how many Non-Nathan members got suspended in her little corner?
Until evidence to the contrary, Starburger is a member in good standing. Take side swipes at Starburger, even subtle ones, and you might not be.

Rule 12. Soopoo. Rule 12

You, sir are making allegations without evidence against StarBurger. Put up your evidence, by PM to wizard, or desist.
Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
February 9th, 2022 at 4:06:25 AM permalink
Rulez are like bones. It feels good to break them.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
  • Threads: 111
February 9th, 2022 at 8:42:59 AM permalink
It's 8 days after Ground Hog Day.
charliepatrick
charliepatrick
  • Threads: 39
February 9th, 2022 at 9:12:56 AM permalink
Generally speaking if you find a good bet you sometimes have to leave the rest to the horse - e.g. getting 6/4 for an Even money shot.
  • Jump to: