ChesterDog
ChesterDog
Joined: Jul 26, 2010
  • Threads: 8
  • Posts: 972
August 30th, 2021 at 5:48:45 PM permalink
My friend likes the offers MGM Resorts mails him each month, but he's concerned about the impression the post cards make on his neighbors and mailman.

He has already left requests twice with the "reward center" (or whatever it's called), but so far he has continued to receive mail for two weeks, so far. How long does the request to stop mailings usually take?

Also, is there an online procedure to stop casino mailings?
billryan
billryan
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 192
  • Posts: 11773
August 30th, 2021 at 5:50:11 PM permalink
Quote: ChesterDog

My friend likes the offers MGM Resorts mails him each month, but he's concerned about the impression the post cards make on his neighbors and mailman.

He has already left requests twice with the "reward center" (or whatever it's called), but so far he has continued to receive mail for two weeks, so far. How long does the request to stop mailings usually take?

Also, is there an online procedure to stop casino mailings?


Just submit a change of address.
darkoz
darkoz
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
  • Threads: 261
  • Posts: 8851
August 30th, 2021 at 6:33:43 PM permalink
Quote: ChesterDog

My friend likes the offers MGM Resorts mails him each month, but he's concerned about the impression the post cards make on his neighbors and mailman.

He has already left requests twice with the "reward center" (or whatever it's called), but so far he has continued to receive mail for two weeks, so far. How long does the request to stop mailings usually take?

Also, is there an online procedure to stop casino mailings?



One to five months.

Also casinos share info so he may get offers from unrelated properties that haven't gotten to the no mail alert
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
Ace2
Ace2
Joined: Oct 2, 2017
  • Threads: 24
  • Posts: 1069
August 30th, 2021 at 8:46:57 PM permalink
Quote: ChesterDog

My friend likes the offers MGM Resorts mails him each month, but he's concerned about the impression the post cards make on his neighbors and mailman.

Is this guy Amish or something?
Itís all about making that GTA
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
Joined: Jul 23, 2014
  • Threads: 8
  • Posts: 2154
August 30th, 2021 at 9:01:33 PM permalink
Quote: ChesterDog

My friend likes the offers MGM Resorts mails him each month, but he's concerned about the impression the post cards make on his neighbors and mailman.



Every casino that ever sent me mail was happy to use a post office box address instead of the address on my ID.

The letter carrier probably cares less than you think.
May the cards fall in your favor.
ChesterDog
ChesterDog
Joined: Jul 26, 2010
  • Threads: 8
  • Posts: 972
August 31st, 2021 at 8:02:52 AM permalink
Quote: Ace2

Is this guy Amish or something?



(No, but we know some Amish casino-goers. :-) ) My friend lives in a dangerous neighborhood. His mailman sometimes leaves the mail on the porch, and my friend is concerned that the neighbors think a casino patron might carry a lot of cash.

Quote: billryan

Just submit a change of address.



Quote: darkoz

One to five months...



Thanks for that information! Do you know of any tricks to speed up the process?

By the way, he still wants the offers but would rather get them by email or by just checking his online account.


Quote: Dieter

Every casino that ever sent me mail was happy to use a post office box address instead of the address on my ID...



Thanks! That's good because my friend has been considering getting a P.O. box for other reasons.
darkoz
darkoz
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
  • Threads: 261
  • Posts: 8851
August 31st, 2021 at 8:27:12 AM permalink
Quote: ChesterDog

(No, but we know some Amish casino-goers. :-) ) My friend lives in a dangerous neighborhood. His mailman sometimes leaves the mail on the porch, and my friend is concerned that the neighbors think a casino patron might carry a lot of cash.





Thanks for that information! Do you know of any tricks to speed up the process?

By the way, he still wants the offers but would rather get them by email or by just checking his online account.




Thanks! That's good because my friend has been considering getting a P.O. box for other reasons.



It's not about speeding up the process. They just are months ahead on mail being sent out.

It's not uncommon for an AP to be banned from a casino and still receive offers to come visit months later.
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee

  • Jump to: