Thread Rating:

Poll

11 votes (15.94%)
45 votes (65.21%)
13 votes (18.84%)

69 members have voted

SOOPOO
SOOPOO
Joined: Aug 8, 2010
  • Threads: 109
  • Posts: 7722
February 26th, 2021 at 4:39:11 PM permalink
Mostly answering kewlj, who advised me to be safe, even after getting the vaccine. This Sunday I will be playing basketball for the first time in almost a year. Is it as safe as sitting in my house typing inane comments on WoV? Of course not! I am a risk/benefit guy. I get a ton of benefit from playing basketball. It makes me feel great that I can still play with the young adults at my advanced age. I disagree with AZ on a lot... but not on the overwhelming need to resume your normal life. If you think about it, my non COVID risks playing basketball far exceed my COVID risk. Iím on the planet to enjoy. I plan on doing so. Risk free? Nope....
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 224
  • Posts: 12332
Thanks for this post from:
RogerKint
February 26th, 2021 at 5:03:38 PM permalink
Quote: OnceDear

. And of course it's NOT a substitute for masks and social distancing, which are doing a great job, already.



Then what is the point?
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
teliot
teliot
Joined: Oct 19, 2009
  • Threads: 39
  • Posts: 2159
February 26th, 2021 at 5:32:30 PM permalink
Quote: kewlj

One other issue I will mention even though when I mentioned this to my doctor, he looked at me as if I was nuts. lol

Back in April when I was going through the actual illness, I had this weird symptom, I have never seen mentioned. Funny dream. Not nightmares or anything unpleasant, but dreams of people, places and events from my youth. People and things I haven't thought about in 25 years. Teachers and events from Middle School. People and events from the ice cream shop that I worked at when I was 16 and haven't thought about in forever. Relatives that are now long gone. Friends at the time that I haven't seen in 20 years since we were kids.

So I had that back in April when I was going through the illness and it went away when I recovered. But when this fatigue came back about Christmas time, these funny dreams came back right with it. Weird.

When Chris Cuomo had Covid, he talked about his lucid dreaming and mentioned dreams & waking delusions that remind me very much of what you are saying. Apparently this is a well-known symptom:

https://www.refinery29.com/en-us/2020/04/9648571/chris-cuomo-andrew-fever-dream-coronavirus-symptoms
Personal website: www.ijmp.org
kewlj
kewlj
Joined: Apr 17, 2012
  • Threads: 211
  • Posts: 4270
February 26th, 2021 at 6:23:20 PM permalink
Quote: teliot

When Chris Cuomo had Covid, he talked about his lucid dreaming and mentioned dreams & waking delusions that remind me very much of what you are saying. Apparently this is a well-known symptom:

https://www.refinery29.com/en-us/2020/04/9648571/chris-cuomo-andrew-fever-dream-coronavirus-symptoms



Yes thank you teliot. I haven't read the article you linked to get, but I will shortly.

I remember Chris Cuomo talking about dreaming about his late father sitting at the foot of his bed. But that is when he was actively fighting the virus and running a high fever, which can lead to or play a part in delusions.

I am 10 months removed from that active virus situation, I think. I just have these weird lingering things. I don't know. I guess no one really knows.
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
Joined: Dec 29, 2013
  • Threads: 16
  • Posts: 2603
February 26th, 2021 at 6:27:11 PM permalink
Are we sure his waking delusions had anything to do with COVID? Seems common for him...
darkoz
darkoz
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
  • Threads: 248
  • Posts: 7802
February 26th, 2021 at 7:07:24 PM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

Are we sure his waking delusions had anything to do with COVID? Seems common for him...



If you are making a political statement about NY governor Cuomo you are talking about the wrong Cuomo.
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
Joined: Dec 29, 2013
  • Threads: 16
  • Posts: 2603
February 26th, 2021 at 7:19:30 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

If you are making a political statement about NY governor Cuomo you are talking about the wrong Cuomo.



Iím aware itís the tv dude, and I am making no political statement in any case. A bit of a stretch. Just a dumb joke.
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
Joined: Jun 15, 2018
  • Threads: 41
  • Posts: 1965
February 26th, 2021 at 9:00:29 PM permalink
Bed bugs and COVID, just wash your bedding.
kewlj
kewlj
Joined: Apr 17, 2012
  • Threads: 211
  • Posts: 4270
February 26th, 2021 at 9:28:56 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Mostly answering kewlj, who advised me to be safe, even after getting the vaccine. This Sunday I will be playing basketball for the first time in almost a year. Is it as safe as sitting in my house typing inane comments on WoV? Of course not! I am a risk/benefit guy. I get a ton of benefit from playing basketball. It makes me feel great that I can still play with the young adults at my advanced age. I disagree with AZ on a lot... but not on the overwhelming need to resume your normal life. If you think about it, my non COVID risks playing basketball far exceed my COVID risk. Iím on the planet to enjoy. I plan on doing so. Risk free? Nope....



Sorry SOOPOO, I missed this response earlier. I too am a risk/reward guy and weight many decision, long before covid by that. Not all, but many.

I think playing basketball is great. Is it outdoors or indoors? You probably could have been safely doing that all along, especially if it is outdoors. I still get out and do many activates outdoors and some indoors. Just so happens the casino environment is one I feel a little riskier, especially sitting at a blackjack table, and unfortunately, that is how I make my living.

I have no problem going out and doing things. You know what the riskiest part of me going out is? The first 2 minutes, getting on the elevator and getting down to the lobby. I don't like being on the elevator right now. Going home, going up is not so bad because I can wait until no one else is going up and then just jump on. But coming down in the morning, it could stop at other floors to pick up people. About half the time I take the steps. lol
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
Joined: Aug 8, 2010
  • Threads: 109
  • Posts: 7722
February 27th, 2021 at 4:15:01 AM permalink
Quote: kewlj

Sorry SOOPOO, I missed this response earlier. I too am a risk/reward guy and weight many decision, long before covid by that. Not all, but many.

I think playing basketball is great. Is it outdoors or indoors? You probably could have been safely doing that all along, especially if it is outdoors. I still get out and do many activates outdoors and some indoors. Just so happens the casino environment is one I feel a little riskier, especially sitting at a blackjack table, and unfortunately, that is how I make my living.

I have no problem going out and doing things. You know what the riskiest part of me going out is? The first 2 minutes, getting on the elevator and getting down to the lobby. I don't like being on the elevator right now. Going home, going up is not so bad because I can wait until no one else is going up and then just jump on. But coming down in the morning, it could stop at other floors to pick up people. About half the time I take the steps. lol

. You are trolling me! Asking a guy from Buffalo if his February basketball is indoors or outdoors! Itís indoors. I havenít played yet. Itís at a private for rent gym. I am not aware if we will have to wear masks. I do know we will have the stupid temperature test at the door.

Serious question.... you have identified (in your mind!) what is the riskiest part of your day, yet you donít just walk down the stairs? Is it perhaps you are not as afraid of getting reinfected as you say?

  • Jump to: