13 votes (18.84%)

69 members have voted

heatmap
heatmap
  • Threads: 209
February 5th, 2021 at 5:07:33 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Your idea sounds like East Germany!

funny thing about the social justice warriors and the progressives is that they cant shake the fact that they want people to be free yet free is defined by them and includes non freedoms lol
heatmap
heatmap
February 5th, 2021 at 5:34:45 PM permalink
Quote: teliot

Moderna is much easier to work with as far as creating the doses. I think they do one vial at a time in prep. I hope that none are wasted at the end of the day, but the truth is that I don't know. When I use "The Google" to look for stories about this, it does seem quite common that a few doses are wasted each day. I'll ask about it and try and get a clearer answer next time I volunteer.

what really gets me about smart people like you is that you are too smart to think about why im saying what im saying. its not two intellectual people sharing a laugh about an inconsistency within something that is supposed to be important. so important weve put our lives and economy on hold for it. and here you are telling us that there are people who are so unimportant because of pre set rules that they cant get this vaccine.
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
February 5th, 2021 at 5:39:58 PM permalink
Maybe pump the brakes a little bit heatmap sounds like youíre about to start talking about a shuffling machine and number of players playing.
heatmap
heatmap
February 5th, 2021 at 5:46:11 PM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

Maybe pump the brakes a little bit heatmap sounds like youíre about to start talking about a shuffling machine and number of players playing.

ive been drinking so maybe you are right ... maybe after a few more shots ill be right though .... woo hoo hoo lets see where this goes

rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 179
February 5th, 2021 at 5:47:13 PM permalink

No reason to beat around the bush. The major complicating risk jeopardizing our health as a country and contracting severe cases, moreso than the issues that have been politicized, is that we are fat. And the large number of conditions related to being fat. Over 40% of Americans are obese, an increase of 26% since 2008. Over 70% of Americans are overweight.

Probably correlates pretty well with the rise of the fast food restaurants since the late 50s.
The Hall of Unverified Claims is a vast place with many shelves.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1426
February 5th, 2021 at 7:08:14 PM permalink
Heatmap gets three days for trolling in this post.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 115
Thanks for this post from:
teliot
February 5th, 2021 at 7:37:24 PM permalink
Once I qualified for the vaccine I went to my local my Wegmans. They have a sign saying if you want the vaccine sign up for an appointment at Wegmans.com. Of course no appointments were available. I asked the counter girl, probably a Ďpharmacy assistantí, if I could leave my name and phone number to be called in case there was a no show. I live less than 5 minutes away. She said they donít take names like that. I asked her what they do if they have a late cancellation. She said she does not know. Behind the counter were a bunch of other people working. I ask her to ask the chief pharmacist. She gets into a little huddle with them, and politely comes back saying none of them know! But she said if I leave my name and number they will call me back when she finds out. About an hour later I get a call, and she said they offer any extra doses to in store employees. Seemed odd that NONE of the people behind the counter knew that when I asked.
NY just opened up eligibility to all with a variety of medical conditions. Probably 60+% will qualify. If you include those who already qualified by age, job .... probably 75% of adults qualify. The odds of getting an appointment will be small until J and J gets its approval.
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
Thanks for this post from:
Hunterhill
February 5th, 2021 at 7:58:29 PM permalink
I think if I intentionally gain 25 pounds or start smoking Iíd be eligible in my state. What a joke, you get punished for not doing things virtually anyone could choose not to do. No first dose appointments available anyway.
unJon
unJon
  • Threads: 14
February 5th, 2021 at 8:29:10 PM permalink

I think if I intentionally gain 25 pounds or start smoking Iíd be eligible in my state. What a joke, you get punished for not doing things virtually anyone could choose not to do. No first dose appointments available anyway.

Why is it a joke. If those factors you donít exhibit make one high risk for bad outcomes?

Having vaccines thrown away is clearly suboptimal, but holding that aside risk based triaging seems efficient.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
February 5th, 2021 at 8:30:23 PM permalink
Quote: unJon

Why is it a joke. If those factors you donít exhibit make one high risk for bad outcomes?

Having vaccines thrown away is clearly suboptimal, but holding that aside risk based triaging seems efficient.

For smoking? No one has to be a smoker. Itís a choice and habit, not a condition. Thatís the one thatís just completely ridiculous to me. COVID has only been around a year, plenty of time to quit if they wanted to because of the risk. To be able to move ahead simply for choosing to be a smoker is absurd. Smoking is not a factor you exhibit itís something you choose to continue to do.

And the borderline obesity cases to a lesser extent. Not class two or higher talking low 30ís BMI. If someone is overweight but 5 lbs under 30 BMI someone else 2 lbs over that is rather arbitrary and incentivizing poor habits. Iím overweight but less than the 30 BMI cutoff. Theyíre telling me if I would just have packed on 20+lbs in quarantine I can wait 3-6 less months? Thatís aggravating, just annoying, not much difference between me and someone who barely qualifies, seems very arbitrary.

The negative qualifiers that are simply lifestyle choices moreso than conditions are whatís frustrating and a joke to me.
Last edited by: mcallister3200 on Feb 5, 2021

• Jump to: