billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
June 30th, 2020 at 9:06:25 AM permalink
Eight more states added to the 14 day quarantine list, including Nevada.
You can expect NJ and Conn to join the embargo.

Dr Fauci just said he expects new cases to exceed 100,000 a day in the very near future.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
racquet
racquet
  • Threads: 50
June 30th, 2020 at 10:19:08 AM permalink
You think people have been rebellious up to now?

If a resident of state "A" - a "good" state - passes through states "B", "C" or "D" - "bad" states - on his way to "good" state "E", must he quarantine or not? How is that ever going to be enforced?

Early on, the Governor of Rhode Island was having state police flag down cars with (only) New York plates to determine where the passengers thought they were going. Do you know who was the most irate and angry about it? Saint Governor Cuomo (D-NY).

I guess we're all Federalists now.
ChumpChange
ChumpChange 
  • Threads: 111
June 30th, 2020 at 2:32:16 PM permalink
What goes around comes around. #StayHome
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
June 30th, 2020 at 3:05:10 PM permalink
Quote: racquet

You think people have been rebellious up to now?

If a resident of state "A" - a "good" state - passes through states "B", "C" or "D" - "bad" states - on his way to "good" state "E", must he quarantine or not? How is that ever going to be enforced?

Early on, the Governor of Rhode Island was having state police flag down cars with (only) New York plates to determine where the passengers thought they were going. Do you know who was the most irate and angry about it? Saint Governor Cuomo (D-NY).

I guess we're all Federalists now.

Weren't they turning the cars around, not letting them in if they weren't just passing through? That's not self-quarantining.
Last week, I read that they thought as many as 6,000 cases can be traced to a single travel plaza on US 40.
It's simply not a time to be traveling.

Colorado just shut down all bars and nightclubs.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
racquet
racquet
  • Threads: 50
June 30th, 2020 at 4:08:23 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

Weren't they turning the cars around, not letting them in if they weren't just passing through? That's not self-quarantining.

Nobody got turned around. If you told them you were passing through (not tough to do in RI) you were waved on, otherwise you needed to provide contact info for where you were going in RI: name, address, telephone, for "contact tracing." Same deal for anyone arriving at the airport, from anywhere. There was a point where they were going door-to-door and when they saw an NY plate in the driveway in border communities, you got a visit from a National Guardsman and a local cop.

They were chasing NY cars for a few days if they didn't pull into the rest area on the border.

Cuomo didn't like it, so it didn't last long.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
July 2nd, 2020 at 11:44:59 PM permalink
I find this so hard to believe, there are so many people out there. They want to be out there, they are willing to take the risk. There are a lot of people I have not seen out I know, they can stay home on their own. I had to get a black market hair cut, I want my free play, keep the b$$$$ open.
I am a robot.
  • Jump to: