5 votes (13.51%)
1 vote (2.7%)
3 votes (8.1%)

37 members have voted

onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 201
March 23rd, 2020 at 1:29:30 AM permalink
Vote for the most likely dates, we can say it's a free world again for the most part.

If the incubation period is up to 14 days, and the sickness takes up to 14 days if you survive, that's 28 days. We have been doing nothing for some time, who is spreading it after a month. This disease should almost be gone by then. Afterwards, people can either be tested to see if they have it and those who need to be round up can be round up and quarantined and those who have been through it should be free to do what they want. Things will not be normal, we should not let anyone in nor out of the US, until it is safe worldwide.
In the land of the blind, the man with one eye is the care taker.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
March 23rd, 2020 at 1:39:37 AM permalink
Mario Cuomo thinks up to 9 months, yeah right, there is no reason for healthy people to be locked up for so long. I want $500 a day at least for false imprisonment, probably closer to $1000 a day because the world is likely to be a joke economy.
OnceDear
Administrator
OnceDear
  • Threads: 44
March 23rd, 2020 at 1:56:22 AM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

Things will not be normal, we should not let anyone in nor out of the US, until it is safe worldwide.

It's already spreading internally in every country. Closing borders failed. Until a vaccine is available, we have to manage the spread with social distancing. And that's only as successful as the getting everyone to comply. More likely we will see our medical services swamped and many thousands dead, and still there are plenty of idiots to keep infection in circulation. There's no cure for stupid.
Take care out there. Spare a thought for the newly poor who were happy in their world just a few days ago, but whose whole way of life just collapsed..
tringlomane
tringlomane 
  • Threads: 8
March 23rd, 2020 at 1:57:01 AM permalink

Vote for the most likely dates, we can say it's a free world again for the most part.

If the incubation period is up to 14 days, and the sickness takes up to 14 days if you survive, that's 28 days. We have been doing nothing for some time, who is spreading it after a month. This disease should almost be gone by then.

If only social distancing was THAT effective. People are still going out to get food, some still going to work, etc. It helps, but you need true lockdowns to beat this in a month. The biggest reason to shut non-essential things down and keep as many people at home possible is to lower the quickly rising pressure on our health care system.
smoothgrh
smoothgrh
  • Threads: 55
Thanks for this post from:
AxelWolfbeachbumbabsmichael99000
March 23rd, 2020 at 2:08:14 AM permalink
Quote: tringlomane

If only social distancing was THAT effective. People are still going out to get food, some still going to work, etc. It helps, but you need true lockdowns to beat this in a month. The biggest reason to shut non-essential things down and keep as many people at home possible is to lower the quickly rising pressure on our health care system.

That’s right. If people go back to normal too quickly, we’ll see humps instead of a flattened curve.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 162
March 23rd, 2020 at 2:38:30 AM permalink
I find the social distancing pretty easy, as far as maintaining 6 feet. You can still talk to anyone.

Now havimg any number of people in your house presents more of a problem if people are spreading the virus in your living space.
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
March 23rd, 2020 at 2:39:13 AM permalink
We can talk about China, Korea, and Singapore. China had some portions locked down, but I don't think Korea and Singapore did. They're cured right now basically. I'm going to go from memory here. I have not been binging The Office. Most of my time I have been reading and watching anything I can about this COVID19 pandemic crisis.

China did have lock downs, I don't think the entire country was locked down. Korea and Singapore locked down their country as soon as they heard there was a virus. From there, they obtained as many tests as they could, and any masks, etc. They basically had detectives figure out where anyone infected was and found and tested anyone who had had contact. They quarantined anyone who needed to be quarantined. They're basically just keeping the wall up waiting for the rest of the world to be cleared. You do not need a flat curve by social distancing, there is another way and this can be done faster. What is needed is cooperation, coordination, and accountability and/or luck. This disease could just disappear and die out. I'm sure I'm probably mixing things up a bit, but for the most part, this CDC plan is not necessary for a year and we can abandon it as soon as safe. It was necessary, but it will not be necessary sooner than they say.

Countries also need to not have things essential for national security be in other countries. China is going to have to lose a lot of business.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
March 23rd, 2020 at 2:47:49 AM permalink
Quote: tringlomane

It should bring things down to manageable, I don't know if it's a thing like Nazi germany about showing your papers and the elites won't go with it, but we can be free.

There are 4 types of people with regards to COVID19;

1)Recovered
2)Sick
3)Unexposed
4)Dead

The sick and the unexposed are the only ones who have to be accounted for. Maybe we can even have volunteers under 50 to be exposed, and monitor and care for them in all these empty hotels across the US. Something can be done with maximum freedom and liberty. Everyone should be smart enough to take the next steps and see the possibilities with their own posts and thought experiments(oops almost spelled it expiraments:ironic)
LVJackal
LVJackal
  • Threads: 3
March 23rd, 2020 at 3:04:14 AM permalink
Both vaccines and treatments will take 12-18 months to be tested. Yet these dates are not the keys to the lock down of society.

I see two pivot points, both being worked on: will I survive (or my loved ones) a potential exposure? - requires valid evidence pointing to success on either vaccines and/or treatments- followed by (and possibly more important) can our Health System sustain an opening of the flood gates? Ford and Tesla and potentially many others have indicated they are ready to revamp their assembly lines for this purpose. We are mobilizing industry - still amid a capitalist system to attack a universal problem - which is awesome!

Rumors also of liquor manufacturers turning to hand sanitizing!

The two will cross their respective paths long before one alone would push society and governments to feel "Safe". Buried underneath the fear mongering and divisive headlines is a lot of hope. America and the world at large, truly are strong when attacking a worldwide threat. We mobilize to what is needed, regardless of political agenda, although we haven't really tested that mindset since WWII- we are living it now.

Adding into the mix is potential Herd Immunity... on this we really dropped the ball... many of us may have taken this on- survived- and have no idea.

Fear may stretch this further out, but i hope to see MLB, NHL, NBA, NFL and NCAA on television in September all at the same time *tears of joy*
UP84
UP84
  • Threads: 3
Thanks for this post from:
tringlomane
March 23rd, 2020 at 4:21:45 AM permalink

Mario Cuomo thinks up to 9 months, yeah right....

Mario Cuomo is dead.

• Jump to: