Thread Rating:

Hunterhill
Hunterhill
  • Threads: 53
December 14th, 2020 at 9:22:02 AM permalink
I’m surprised that’s legal.
The mountain is tall but grass grows on top of the mountain.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
December 14th, 2020 at 10:49:30 AM permalink
Quote: Gialmere

Here's a new experience for me.

My car broke down on the way to work today. I called AAA and waited an hour for the tow truck. Once my car was loaded, the driver informed me that, due to covid, I couldn't ride with him in his cab. There's a new procedure.

As I write this, I'm sitting in my car on the back of the flatbed being transported to the auto shop.

It's cold.

That is not all that new. 20 years ago I had to go two counties over to pick up a driver because the tow truck left him. Boy was I POed.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
FTB
FTB
  • Threads: 7
December 14th, 2020 at 10:52:56 AM permalink

Here's a new experience for me.

My car broke down on the way to work today. I called AAA and waited an hour for the tow truck. Once my car was loaded, the driver informed me that, due to covid, I couldn't ride with him in his cab. There's a new procedure.

As I write this, I'm sitting in my car on the back of the flatbed being transported to the auto shop.

It's cold.

You are not allowed to sit inside the cab even if you had your mask on? I would think because of insurance, you would not be allowed to sit inside the car that's on a flatbed.
Playing #DH Texas Poker# Texas Hold 'Em by Droid Hen Droidhen use referral code 8pjpdna
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
October 10th, 2021 at 5:19:36 AM permalink
The newest shortage you have not heard about? Whipped cream!

Last visit the private label cans were gone, just Reddi Whip. Now most of that is gone, just the fat-free stuff.

A guess is the propellant is maybe sitting off the coast of Long Beach?

Need this stuff for my coffee drinks!
Gialmere
Gialmere
  • Threads: 44
January 12th, 2022 at 7:57:18 PM permalink
I'm starting to see bare patches in the stores again. Not like 2020, but still, mildly worrying.

Where I'm at, the biggest issue seems to be shortages in the paper plate/coffee cup aisle.
Have you tried 22 tonight? I said 22.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
January 13th, 2022 at 5:35:21 AM permalink

I'm starting to see bare patches in the stores again. Not like 2020, but still, mildly worrying.

Where I'm at, the biggest issue seems to be shortages in the paper plate/coffee cup aisle.
link to original post

I am seeing big swatches of empty. USSR style for some things. So far I have not had to go without something i need but the empty spots are getting bigger.
ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy
  • Threads: 117
January 13th, 2022 at 1:16:19 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

link to original post

I am seeing big swatches of empty. USSR style for some things. So far I have not had to go without something i need but the empty spots are getting bigger.
link to original post

At least it hasn't reached Costco yet; plenty of paper towels and toilet paper (both Kirkland and name-brand) to go around.
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
January 13th, 2022 at 2:05:36 PM permalink
Quote: ThatDonGuy

At least it hasn't reached Costco yet; plenty of paper towels and toilet paper (both Kirkland and name-brand) to go around.

Indeed: wife just replenished our supply.

Get it while you can.
"What, me worry?"
Gialmere
Gialmere
  • Threads: 44
January 15th, 2022 at 2:24:07 PM permalink
Quote: ThatDonGuy

link to original post

Yeah, toilet paper and paper towels--once the bellwethers of bad news--seem to be plentiful. I assume that industry adjusted to the "new reality" of supply and demand. Instead, I'm seeing bare patches (like for coffee cups) on an otherwise full store aisle or a simple lack of item selection.

Take packaged cheese for an example, the stick kind you might eat for a snack or place in a kid's lunch. Where I'm at, if you want cheddar, there's plenty of sharp available but no medium or mild. Mozzarella sticks are plentiful but regular string cheese seems to be an endangered species. If this was going on for only a week or two and specific to a single store, I'd dismiss it as a temporary glitch. But it's been going on for over a month and I'm seeing it at any store I visit.

Whether this is a Covid thing, a supply chain thing, or a perfect storm combination of many factors, I don't know. It's obviously not the greatest challenge mankind has faced. The question is: Is this a temporary blip, or does it herald worse things to come?
Have you tried 22 tonight? I said 22.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 121
January 15th, 2022 at 4:55:02 PM permalink
Went to suburban Buffalo Wegmans this morning. I didn’t look for everything, but it seemed like everything was in stock. To me it looks overstocked, actually.
  • Jump to: