DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 77
March 20th, 2020 at 1:15:32 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Gas is $1.48 at Sam's Club and is
falling daily. Nobody has anywhere
to go.

Wow, I paid $2.89 yesterday for the cheap stuff.
Order from chaos
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1388
March 20th, 2020 at 2:12:21 PM permalink
I went to the Cardenas super market near the Meadows Mall yesterday around 4:00 PM. There was no waiting and they seemed to have anything you could want except the usual in demand items. Water was limited to three cases per visit. I don't know if someone could just keep buying three cases over and over, but water seems to be coming off the "items to hoard" list.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
TDVegas
TDVegas
  • Threads: 2
March 20th, 2020 at 2:20:25 PM permalink
They are reporting sewer system problems in CA as people are using unacceptable alternatives to toilet paper. Not good. Last thing you want happening is infrastructure problems.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman 
  • Threads: 227
March 20th, 2020 at 3:46:52 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Gas is $1.48 at Sam's Club and is
falling daily. Nobody has anywhere
to go.

E-15 Gasohol was $1.99 in PA which had to be some unusual reason as E-10 (regular unleaded) was $.50 more.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy
  • Threads: 105
March 20th, 2020 at 3:49:06 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

Wow, I paid $2.89 yesterday for the cheap stuff.

It was 3.29 where I live, although that wasn't for the cheapest brands.

Trip to Safeway: little to no bread (including hamburger/hot dog buns and English muffins), pasta sauce, eggs (or even egg-like substitute), or sugar, and the guy behind the deli counter told me they had gone through something like 250 pounds of $5/lb deli turkey breast that day - and it was only about 3 in the afternoon. Oh, and don't even think about going to the bulk bins; if you're into flaxseeds, you will have to do without, or buy the pre-ground bags, until further notice.

Also, there's a new policy; if you bring your own bags, you have to pack them yourself. A bagger started bagging my stuff before he suddenly remembered this and backed off. I joked about getting a "Pak & Save" discount.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman 
  • Threads: 227
March 20th, 2020 at 3:55:49 PM permalink
PITTSBURGH, PA REPORT

Work made us bug out today. Talk about a weird feeling. I have been in mass layoffs where we all went out like this but this is no layoff, I will still be macking OT heavy again next week. So I decided to go to pick up some fill-ins.

What a difference a week makes. Just being out feels like a weird "normal," Sort of like France had to be like after the Germans settled in. Curfews, yes, but people still need food and stores open. I got there what I figure is 1 hour before closing, IIRC they are closing at 7 during the emergency.

Last week lines were crazy Friday night. Today?

For one, it appears they have corralled half the carts somewhere in back. Meat department was pretty picked over but at the same time other than chicken and ground beef there was choice. The sushi counter was open! The bakery closed the self-serve donuts but most of the rest of the regular stuff was there. Cleaning supplies picked over. Most of the rest was.......stocked. Here and there empty slot. But not the USSR look of the meat department last week.

Crowds were small. No line.

And------the Beer DIstributor next door was OPEN! Kid at the register seemed unhappy it was, but open they were.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
Thanks for this post from:
OnceDear
March 20th, 2020 at 4:14:05 PM permalink
A woman who cuts my hair said on Facebook there are all kinds of new sanitation procedures, including something about changing the filters in the ducts frequently. She has to clean everything between clients and she asked people who think they are sick to not come to her.

I've had a cough for ten days which isn't very often, but I have had a cough. Was hoping I had had it and it was over, but probably not. Kind of got worried thinking my joints were hurting, but eventually remembered the reason was because I banged my knee not paying attention to where I was walking.
I am a robot.
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
  • Threads: 53
March 20th, 2020 at 6:28:55 PM permalink
Trump declares certain states major disaster areas, but neglects to declare his press room.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 433
Thanks for this post from:
AZDuffman
March 20th, 2020 at 8:57:59 PM permalink
Quote: ChumpChange

Trump declares certain states major disaster areas, but neglects to declare his press room.

Please keep the political crap off
the forum.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
  • Threads: 53
March 20th, 2020 at 9:34:48 PM permalink
75 million Americans ordered to stay home, and that includes Anderson Cooper tonight.

• Jump to: