No votes (0%)
1 vote (33.33%)
No votes (0%)

3 members have voted

onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 202
November 4th, 2019 at 9:00:59 PM permalink
Too many stories in the news about death threats, when they're not really death threats. I don't think possibility is enough, most sane people should want some decent probability before the courts are involved.
In the land of the blind, the man with one eye is the care taker.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
November 4th, 2019 at 9:20:24 PM permalink
Watch the video, those 2 guys are acting like Jermaine Whitehead was planning a murder with OJ. This zero tolerance policy from the schools has made everyone idiots.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/browns-cut-jermaine-whitehead-after-racist-twitter-rant-that-included-death-threats-140237110.html
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 162
November 4th, 2019 at 10:48:12 PM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

Watch the video, those 2 guys are acting like Jermaine Whitehead was planning a murder with OJ. This zero tolerance policy from the schools has made everyone idiots.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/browns-cut-jermaine-whitehead-after-racist-twitter-rant-that-included-death-threats-140237110.html

More correctly, a racial slur, profanity at some people, and a death threat. That's more a trifecta.
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
November 4th, 2019 at 11:54:48 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

More correctly, a racial slur, profanity at some people, and a death threat. That's more a trifecta.

George Jefferson made up cracker. There is literally no word to insult someone for being white, it doesn't exist. So you say there is a death threat, what are the odds he'll do it? If a threat is absurd, it's not really a threat. It's really a term of dislike and not really a death threat, in most cases. I don't see a likelihood of a murder, which is important. Thanks for your input though.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
November 4th, 2019 at 11:54:49 PM permalink
Duplicate
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
  • Threads: 17
Thanks for this post from:
onenickelmiracle
November 5th, 2019 at 12:38:11 AM permalink
If 30,000 people get murdered each year and there's 300 million people here in the USA, that's a 1 in 10,000 chance of being murdered. The odds of being threatened with murder are probably 1 in 100 or less.
gordonm888
gordonm888
  • Threads: 36
November 5th, 2019 at 7:28:27 AM permalink

George Jefferson made up cracker. There is literally no word to insult someone for being white, it doesn't exist. So you say there is a death threat, what are the odds he'll do it? If a threat is absurd, it's not really a threat. It's really a term of dislike and not really a death threat, in most cases. I don't see a likelihood of a murder, which is important. Thanks for your input though.

There is indeed a derogatory term for white people. It rhymes with donkey and starts with the 23 letter of the alphabet.

(Am being mindful of forum rules)
So many better men, a few of them friends, were dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things lived on, and so did I.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 162
November 5th, 2019 at 7:37:22 AM permalink

Entomology dictionaries say otherwise.

Damn spellcheck ety
Last edited by: rxwine on Nov 5, 2019
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?
Edpokernut
Edpokernut
  • Threads: 2
Thanks for this post from:
onenickelmiracle
November 5th, 2019 at 7:37:56 AM permalink
When I used to play poker at my local poker room, I used to hear about every other week, a player (after taking a bad beat) threaten to kill the other player. No one followed through as far as I know, lol.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
November 5th, 2019 at 7:44:59 AM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Entomology dictionaries say otherwise.

Fake news.

• Jump to: