Thread Rating:

MichaelBluejay
MichaelBluejay
  • Threads: 29
September 9th, 2019 at 11:34:03 PM permalink
I can believe it. I live in Austin (think University of Texas) and three times a year when a semester's over the students moving out of their apartments throw away in incredible amount of good stuff, as in furniture, CDs, DVDs, etc., much of it left next to the dumpsters because they throw away so much stuff it won't fit in the dumpsters (and the furniture wouldn't fit anyway). I always thought that if I needed a gig I could operate a thrift store entirely from the stuff I could collect with a truck a few times a year. Twenty years ago on a lark I picked up some books next to a dumpster that were being thrown away at the end of a semester, and sold them on eBay. I made $20/hour (today's dollars) for my time in placing the ads, packing the books, and shipping them. I'm surprised more people don't collect and resell stuff.

On the film award, it reminds me that I donated my advocacy award plaque from Bicycle Texas to the local thrift store. It was a thick, square piece of wood with a chainring mounted to it flat, and wording inside the chainring. I figured someone might want to sand over the letters and repurpose it somehow, like as an art piece.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 421
Thanks for this post from:
AxelWolf
September 9th, 2019 at 11:35:15 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

When I was in college, if I was home during the summer, we would regularly scavenge at the South Hampton town dump.

We've all dump dived, but did you eat
there, that's the question. Did you
make a sandwich from the stale
bread and green bologna..
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
MichaelBluejay
MichaelBluejay
  • Threads: 29
September 15th, 2019 at 10:10:54 PM permalink
Newest addition to Easy Vegas: Random Craps Rolls Generator.
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
September 15th, 2019 at 11:44:42 PM permalink
Quote: MichaelBluejay

Newest addition to Easy Vegas: Random Craps Rolls Generator.

Why is one link in one thread for the same thing not adequate?

https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/craps/33636-shackelfords-large-data-set/#post739900

• Jump to: