Thread Rating:

rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
August 12th, 2019 at 7:43:28 PM permalink
Quote: PokerGrinder

This forum used to be about something interesting and it has been reduced to the lefts and rights shitting all over each other.

I wish someone would apply Occam's razor. Either ban it, or move it. I prefer at the bottom of page for all off topic and staying there, so you don't see it unless you want to. And just hammer people who post elsewhere with a 3 day.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
Thanked by
MaxPenpetroglyph
August 12th, 2019 at 7:46:40 PM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind Bob started this thread with the intention of causing controversy.

Nope. Again, a mod told us to start
a Gay thread, so I started one. So
I'm the bad guy? What did I say here
that's hateful or not true. Nothing.
The offense in 2019 is just discussing
it at all. That's how low society has
gotten.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
EvenBob
EvenBob
August 12th, 2019 at 7:51:23 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

I wish someone would apply Occam's razor. Either ban it, or move it.

Been on forums since 1992. You ban
it you keep the integrity of the
forum, and lose most of your best
posters. See, it's like this. Hold on
to your hat, this is big.

You. Can't. Please. Everybody.

So just keep on keepin on and live
with it or lose it.
PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
  • Threads: 26
Thanked by
ForagerdarkozAussieOnceDear
August 12th, 2019 at 7:52:09 PM permalink
EB you come off as a homophobic bigot which seems par to the course because you’re a homophobic bigot. Of course the straight white male doesn’t understand intolerance...

This thread started off of comments referring to gays, transgenders and pedophiles in the same group. Are we seriously comparing good people to f*cking pedophiles? That piece of sh*t (Trump) has made people way to comfortable to spew hatred and think that it is ok in everyday life. I guess it is ok at this point in the United States.
You can shear a sheep a hundred times, but you can skin it only once. — Amarillo Slim Preston
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
Thanked by
RSpetroglyph
August 12th, 2019 at 7:55:04 PM permalink
God Bless the USA. We're busy going back and forth about a gay thread while Argentinians are becoming the new Venezuela. They lost 30%+ in their market and currency today.

#GOTSILVER?
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
Thanked by
MaxPen
August 12th, 2019 at 7:58:03 PM permalink
EDIT: Put my post in a spoiler tag. If you are easily offended, don’t bother opening & reading it. Please don’t ban me for simply expressing my thoughts, as I have no intention of insulting or disparaging anyone based on sex, religion, creed, or other things like that.

I like turtles.
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 60
August 12th, 2019 at 8:01:35 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Yeah, no.

"Drawing on information from four recent national and two state-level population-based surveys, the analyses suggest that there are more than 8 million adults in the US who are lesbian, gay, or bisexual, comprising 3.5% of the adult population."

But that includes women, which I
don't consider to be Gay. For men,
it's held around 2% for decades.

Um, if 3.5% of the population is LGBTQ, then it does NOT go down to 2% by eliminating lesbians. To first order, I assume that 3.5% of men and 3.5% of women would be gay , which would sum to 3.5% of the entire population as LGBTQ.
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
Thanked by
ForagerAussieOnceDearrsactuary
August 12th, 2019 at 8:06:52 PM permalink

EB you come off as a homophobic bigot which seems par to the course because you’re a homophobic bigot. Of course the straight white male doesn’t understand intolerance...

Totally agree
This board has become a cesspool of hate due to the extremist right wing
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
EvenBob
EvenBob
August 12th, 2019 at 8:09:38 PM permalink

EB you come off as a homophobic bigot which seems par to the course because you’re a homophobic bigot.

Gee, that sounds an awful lot
like name calling, and it's not
in the least bit true.
terapined
terapined
August 12th, 2019 at 8:10:13 PM permalink
Quote: RS

EDIT: Put my post in a spoiler tag. If you are easily offended, don’t bother opening & reading it. Please don’t ban me for simply expressing my thoughts, as I have no intention of insulting or disparaging anyone based on sex, religion, creed, or other things like that.

I like turtles.

Spoiler?????????
I love turtles
MD Terrapins, my favorite college team
Terrapin Station, one of my all time favorite songs
I'm terapined and I could care less what RS likes
redietz
redietz
  • Threads: 49
Thanked by
terapinedrxwineAussieOnceDearMission146AxelWolf
August 12th, 2019 at 8:16:10 PM permalink
I'm new here, and honestly just signed up to post my blog address (which has gotten some decent feedback from professional writers, by the way), so I don't understand the rules.

To me, an outsider, it looks as if EvenBob pulled a semi-fast one here. By quoting Maxpen, with the lines about gays being "degenerative" and lines tossing gays and pedophiles in the same bucket, but by not stating these things himself, EvenBob kept himself clean of "hate speech?" Do I have that right, or is something else going on here? If you quote hate speech, but don't originate it, it's not hate speech?

Now if those are not the rules, then I don't understand what's going on. Clearly, calling someone "degenerative" is a personal insult. So any gay people on this site should have issue with both Maxpen and EvenBob unless the rule is that quoting someone else can't be "hate speech." And clearly, labeling gays with pedos is problematic, so how is that not "hate speech?"

Let me throw this out there anyway, since Maxpen is technically wrong regarding gay behavior being "degenerative" to the human race. Ask any physical anthropologist,, or evolutionary biologist, and you'll get pushback on that because reproduction takes place on a genetic level. So it's not uncommon in human history for segments of populations, especially those under resource stress, to have siblings and cousins who are "gay" or "fluid" by U.S. circa 2019 standards to take on support or caretaking roles in families while not directly reproducing themselves. The argument can be made that they are ensuring the ongoing-ness of their genes even though they step away from direct sexual reproduction. By supporting the extended family and being caretakers, they are ensuring that their related lineages succeed. To any evolutionary biologists out there, I'm sorry if my language was clumsy, but it's been 40 years since my physical anthropology classes.

Bottom line, the whole "degenerative" stuff reads like hate speech, sounds like hate speech, and is factually wrong on a basic level. I myself don't think one should ban hate speech, but if hate speech is a no go on this forum, then somebody or somebodies did some serious contortionistic defining to avoid banning whoever said this stuff.

In respect to my acquaintance kewlJ, I'll self ban, because letting folks call gays "degenerative" is just outright wrong if you're gonna ban hate speech. I think it's funny that kewlJ, who would kill to return here, is primarily my reason for not participating. Kind of ironic.

Have a good one, folks. Babs, I salute you. OnceDear -- quick shout out. You can write. So can Mission.
"You can't breathe dead hippo waking, sleeping, and eating, and at the same time keep your precarious grip on existence."
EvenBob
EvenBob
August 12th, 2019 at 8:23:54 PM permalink
Quote: gordonm888

Um, if 3.5% of the population is LGBTQ, then it does NOT go down to 2% by eliminating lesbians.

"More specifically, 1.8 percent of men self-identify as gay and 0.4 percent as bisexual, and 1.5 percent of women self-identify as lesbian." Washington post.

It's been around 2% for decades. Interestingly,
Gallup says the average American thinks 25%
of the pop is Gay. Millennials thinks it's 30%.
That's a great job TV and movies are doing
in selling the lifestyle, they give the impression
there are literally 10-15 times more Gay people
than actually exist.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1493
August 12th, 2019 at 8:25:25 PM permalink

Personal insult. I'll put you in the same cell as Romes. Anyone else care to join them?
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
EvenBob
EvenBob
August 12th, 2019 at 8:28:44 PM permalink
Quote: redietz

Have a good one, folks.

You must not have the thread blocking
option. I block 95% of the threads here.
That way I only see what I wish to see.
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 297
August 12th, 2019 at 8:29:44 PM permalink

I've never
ever had a another man tell
me, hey, I like to have sex with
women.

I thought that was Trumps whole defense to why he said he likes to grab women by the p_$$y.

It was locker room talk. What straight males discuss and how they talk about liking sex with women.

Oh, wait, that whole defense was BS?
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
terapined
terapined
August 12th, 2019 at 8:31:13 PM permalink
Quote: redietz

I'm new here, and honestly just signed up to post my blog address (which has gotten some decent feedback from professional writers, by the way), so I don't understand the rules.

To me, an outsider, it looks as if EvenBob pulled a semi-fast one here. By quoting Maxpen, with the lines about gays being "degenerative" and lines tossing gays and pedophiles in the same bucket, but by not stating these things himself, EvenBob kept himself clean of "hate speech?" Do I have that right, or is something else going on here? If you quote hate speech, but don't originate it, it's not hate speech?

Now if those are not the rules, then I don't understand what's going on. Clearly, calling someone "degenerative" is a personal insult. So any gay people on this site should have issue with both Maxpen and EvenBob unless the rule is that quoting someone else can't be "hate speech." And clearly, labeling gays with pedos is problematic, so how is that not "hate speech?"

Let me throw this out there anyway, since Maxpen is technically wrong regarding gay behavior being "degenerative" to the human race. Ask any physical anthropologist,, or evolutionary biologist, and you'll get pushback on that because reproduction takes place on a genetic level. So it's not uncommon in human history for segments of populations, especially those under resource stress, to have siblings and cousins who are "gay" or "fluid" by U.S. circa 2019 standards to take on support or caretaking roles in families while not directly reproducing themselves. The argument can be made that they are ensuring the ongoing-ness of their genes even though they step away from direct sexual reproduction. By supporting the extended family and being caretakers, they are ensuring that their related lineages succeed. To any evolutionary biologists out there, I'm sorry if my language was clumsy, but it's been 40 years since my physical anthropology classes.

Bottom line, the whole "degenerative" stuff reads like hate speech, sounds like hate speech, and is factually wrong on a basic level. I myself don't think one should ban hate speech, but if hate speech is a no go on this forum, then somebody or somebodies did some serious contortionistic defining to avoid banning whoever said this stuff.

In respect to my acquaintance kewlJ, I'll self ban, because letting folks call gays "degenerative" is just outright wrong if you're gonna ban hate speech. I think it's funny that kewlJ, who would kill to return here, is primarily my reason for not participating. Kind of ironic.

Have a good one, folks. Babs, I salute you. OnceDear -- quick shout out. You can write. So can Mission.

Excellent post
Thanks
darkoz
darkoz
August 12th, 2019 at 8:33:34 PM permalink
Quote: MaxPen

God Bless the USA. We're busy going back and forth about a gay thread while Argentinians are becoming the new Venezuela. They lost 30%+ in their market and currency today.

#GOTSILVER?

You are becoming the thread hijack king I see.

After hijacking the discussion thread with a gay homophobic topic you now hijack the gay homophobic topic with an argentinean currency topic
MaxPen
MaxPen
August 12th, 2019 at 8:39:12 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

You are becoming the thread hijack king I see.

After hijacking the discussion thread with a gay homophobic topic you now hijack the gay homophobic topic with an argentinean currency topic

I'm multi-threading.😀🙃
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 60
Thanked by
terapined
August 12th, 2019 at 8:40:13 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

Personal insult. I'll put you in the same cell as Romes. Anyone else care to join them?

I totally agreed with your earlier post. I hate the existence of this thread. What's next - individual threads named after specific sex acts? Like "The Felching Thread?" Or the "Do you swallow?" thread. It would be unbearable. This kind of stuff, even dressed up as societal discussions, is not compatible with the reasons that I log on to this forum, and I'd prefer not to see these kind of threads in a gambling-centric forum.
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
EvenBob
EvenBob
August 12th, 2019 at 8:42:14 PM permalink

How did the word Gay even come to
mean homosexual. Never heard it in
the 60's or 70's.

But we did hear this every week:

Let's ride with the family down the street
Through the courtesy of Fred's two feet
When you're with the Flintstones
Have a yabba dabba doo time, a dabba doo time
We'll have a GAY old time

It was still an innocent word all
thru the 60's and into the 70's.
It made no sense when I first
heard it meant homosexuality
and it makes less sense today.
Nothing about it seems very
'gay', as the word was meant in
the 'Gay Nineties'.
rxwine
rxwine
August 12th, 2019 at 8:43:07 PM permalink
Not even strip poker?
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
EvenBob
EvenBob
August 12th, 2019 at 8:46:30 PM permalink

It was locker room talk. What straight males discuss and how they talk about liking sex with women.

That's totally different than announcing
you like to have sex with women. You
never hear it because it's none of anybodies
business. Or interest, for that matter.
darkoz
darkoz
August 12th, 2019 at 8:47:00 PM permalink
So far Romes and PG have been angered into banning by the divisive and insulting comments that started this thread.

Something tells me more are to come. The Wizard must too since he kind of invited those wishing the banhammer to come out.

A topic designed to divide and bring out the worst in forum members while hiding behind thin lines of skating above the rules.

What do we call that on internet forums?

I hesitate to say the word. Rhymes with stole.
EvenBob
EvenBob
August 12th, 2019 at 8:54:39 PM permalink

Something tells me more are to come. The Wizard must too since he kind of invited those wishing

He also suggested starting this thread,
go and look for yourself. I would never
start a thread like this here without
permission. Except for the post I
copied from another thread to start
with, nothing said here has been
offensive. Don't you get it? Just
talking about it is now considered
offensive, that's how far off course
we've gotten. It's all about safe spaces
now, and thinking 25% is the number
when in reality it's under 5%.
darkoz
darkoz
Thanked by
OnceDear
August 12th, 2019 at 9:11:14 PM permalink

He also suggested starting this thread,
go and look for yourself. I would never
start a thread like this here without
permission. Except for the post I
copied from another thread to start
with, nothing said here has been
offensive. Don't you get it? Just
talking about it is now considered
offensive, that's how far off course
we've gotten. It's all about safe spaces
now, and thinking 25% is the number
when in reality it's under 5%.

No your whole first post was offensive

You agree emphatically in that post with maxpen that gays are degenerative ("winner winner chicken dinner" and you explicitly state he is correct next paragraph)

You state lefties "love them some gays" which besides being atrociously insulting in many ways also implies that as a rightie you do NOT love gays. Thats pretty obvious.

So why does a guy who states emphatically that he doesnt like gays, agrees they are degenerative, actively tells them to shut up about their sexuality (i guess no free speech for them)...

Why does a guy like that start a "gay thread"?

Once again, to be divisive and insulting to trigger anger amongst the other forum members while hiding behind his thin wall of skating above the rules.

Again we have a name for people that do that.
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
August 12th, 2019 at 9:15:02 PM permalink

Quote: petroglyph

It's to bad that peoples thoughts are so programmed that there can't be a topic like Bob started here. I think this thread has the potential to illuminate and educate.

Ams blocked the thread right away or so he says, that is sad because I think he may have had the experience and certainly the intelligence to discuss this topic in an adult and possibly civil manner.

My take on more than 80% of AMS posts is that they all include a slightly disguised insult, and he has been given time out occasionally for it, but also I've witnessed Babs instant defense of anything remotely insulting to AMS. It's possible he has her on speed PM? Whatever, they're handling that. But then I notice Once dear leaps in and warns and threatens against straying to close the insult line. Is everyone that pitifully sensitive? Is that what your work of love and respect for free speech has come to?

I've had gay friends longer than twice the time AMS has been alive. A friend of ours who is a Dyke just left after staying with us for two weeks, [she is also an excellent cook].

I remember years ago some mayor of San Francisco retorted when someone remarked that SF was known for having many homosexuals that live there, he said "yes we do have many gay people" but we also have a lot of other things of interest.

I'm sorry to see you shut down this thread, for whatever reason you feel the need, [if you do]. I don't see it as prejudice or racist, maybe others have to? IDK, but if members here don't give this a chance to be discussed openly and maturely, that is as homophobic as anything I can think of, when we are afraid to even say the word. It must not appear to you Wizard, that there has been a direct insult, or you would have dealt with it, as would OD, or whoever's on duty. I think by not giving it a chance, you are reducing LBG's to that being the entirety of their existence. We all are, more than our sexuality.

We have moderators standing at the ready to do what they feel is necessary, extra warnings have already been given. What is everyone afraid of?

<snipped>

Quote:

The problem is this thread was started from a comment that gays are degenerative to the human race.

You cant start an illuminating and constructive conversation that is insult free with such a comment.

I tried a few years back to get the mods to allow some points for intent.

I have referred to myself as a degenerative gambler several times, as have a few others. I am a craps player, the threads about craps are what brought me here. But they were killed way back. But craps is a perfect game for degenerative gamblers, no insult intended.

Quote:

1) homosexuals can have children. I know quite a few that engaged in straight sex for that purpose, both male and female. Its a choice to do so that nothing prohibits them from making.

My daughters best friend for 30 years has two, she has vascillated back and forth. Sat at our dining table for years.

Quote:

2) by that definition I am certain that every straight male on this forum has had degenerative sex.

At least tried. : )

I don't think a persons sexual proclivity's is what determines whether or not they are LBG? What happens when couples just basically get to old or feeble to engage in the sex act? Are they still be gay?

What is it then, that determines a person is gay? Is it the way they have sex, or the way they think?

No offense intended. Maybe we can't talk about it, idk? But I can't imagine what good that does, to wrap up the whole topic and stuff it under a rug.

No offense intended.
petroglyph
petroglyph
August 12th, 2019 at 9:27:59 PM permalink

No your whole first post was offensive

You agree emphatically in that post with maxpen that gays are degenerative ("winner winner chicken dinner" and you explicitly state he is correct next paragraph)

You state lefties "love them some gays" which besides being atrociously insulting in many ways also implies that as a rightie you do NOT love gays. Thats pretty obvious.

So why does a guy who states emphatically that he doesnt like gays, agrees they are degenerative, actively tells them to shut up about their sexuality (i guess no free speech for them)...

Why does a guy like that start a "gay thread"?

Once again, to be divisive and insulting to trigger anger amongst the other forum members while hiding behind his thin wall of skating above the rules.

Again we have a name for people that do that.

And you drug the potus to this thread. Stop it.

I don't believe Bob said he doesn't like people because they are gay.

Is there something you can add to the OT? Or does this have to be another political thread and a take shots at Bob opportunity.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
Thanked by
AussieOnceDearHullabaloo
August 12th, 2019 at 9:40:27 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

Yes.

Me.

I'm done with the hate-trolling on here. The toe-touching the line of ugliness but not over it by a technicality. I agree with redietz. In this thread, Max and EB are playing a nasty hate-speech game about gays. AZD is piling on with his usual misinformed social garbage. It's like pond scum from the disgusting political threads is dragged into every other waterway by the same slimy fouled boats.

Gays are never going to sleep with any of you, so what do you care who they do sleep with? You can't stand people being happy to NOT be nailed to fences, NOT be dragged behind pickup trucks, NOT be immolated by sick bigots any more? You can't stand people in love holding hands, hugging, or kissing? You can't stand people. That's the real issue. People with all their differences, their quirks and flaws, their joy in life.

Thought this board took a stand against hate speech last year. Guess it didn't take. Don't know why we have to look at a confederate flag every time AZD posts. Might as well be 1488 - he makes that obvious.

Not sure why RS wanted leniency for MaxPen. Fooled me - I thought Max had more character than this, but the garbage he posted that included the comment in this OP on his return shows he didn't deserve to come back early. Fool me.once...shame on you. Fool me twice...won't get fooled again. GWB had something there.

Put me in red if you want, or not. I'm happy to be cell-mate with these two.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
petroglyph
petroglyph
August 12th, 2019 at 9:45:52 PM permalink

That's totally different than announcing
you like to have sex with women. You
never hear it because it's none of anybodies
business. Or interest, for that matter.

In high school guys used to brag and talk it up. When they became adults it is understood that most everyone has engaged in sex. Later it's like Az. said, most men or older ones don't usually continually talk about sex unless they have other issues.

I claim to be mostly apolitical, but that locker room talk about T's crotch grabbing has gotten way to much attention. It was a private conversation.
petroglyph
petroglyph
August 12th, 2019 at 9:49:05 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

Yes.

Me. <snipped>

Or, like I told my boss. Fire everyone and then quit.
MaxPen
MaxPen
August 12th, 2019 at 9:59:32 PM permalink

Yes.

Me.

I'm done with the hate-trolling on here. The toe-touching the line of ugliness but not over it by a technicality. I agree with redietz. In this thread, Max and EB are playing a nasty hate-speech game about gays. AZD is piling on with his usual misinformed social garbage. It's like pond scum from the disgusting political threads is dragged into every other waterway by the same slimy fouled boats.

Gays are never going to sleep with any of you, so what do you care who they do sleep with? You can't stand people being happy to NOT be nailed to fences, NOT be dragged behind pickup trucks, NOT be immolated by sick bigots any more? You can't stand people in love holding hands, hugging, or kissing? You can't stand people. That's the real issue. People with all their differences, their quirks and flaws, their joy in life.

Thought this board took a stand against hate speech last year. Guess it didn't take. Don't know why we have to look at a confederate flag every time AZD posts. Might as well be 1488 - he makes that obvious.

Not sure why RS wanted leniency for MaxPen. Fooled me - I thought Max had more character than this, but the garbage he posted that included the comment in this OP on his return shows he didn't deserve to come back early. Fool me.once...shame on you. Fool me twice...won't get fooled again. GWB had something there.

How does one equate hate speech with the use of an adjective such as "degenerative"? I was trying to relate a point much as one would when discussing a gambler that has gone astray thru degenerative behavior.
I guess that gives everyone who is offended by a simple statement and question free reign to lash out with true vitriol though, violating clear and concise rules. Whatever. PC gone mad, I guess.
I spent a number of years in the corporate special events world and had/have many gay friends. I don't think any of them would have reacted to that question the way things are going down here.
Last edited by: MaxPen on Aug 12, 2019
rxwine
rxwine
August 12th, 2019 at 10:06:59 PM permalink
the gay thread means gay love poems.

Let's talk about gay sex baby
Let's crow about its beauty daily
Place away your shades of shame
And trace in me a sacred flame
Lend me your lips, boy
And of your muscled hips
I will speak and enjoy
Give me the words
Of your body's supple burn
And into silver zodiacs
I will write the codes
My desire in you has cracked
Of naked bodies and buttocks
And cocks and jockstraps
My tongue between your shoulder blades
Tattoos them with my name
That I will dare to speak
And dare to speak again
Down into the dip of your back
My mouth will murmur rapt
Then I let my whispers lick
First one gluteus muscle
Before on to its perfect brother
Hear my hands
On your flesh slap
And the parting of your pretty ass
To reveal your winking, pink anus
In the hush of my first kiss
The sensation's racing
Instantaneous
Spiraling up your spinal cord
Exploding into your loosened brain
Uttered as a gasp and a word
That was there from the beginning:

I'm not talking about gay sex
To shock or cause stress
I'm talking about it
Because no one else is
Our gay comedians
Are asexual chameleons
No sex, please
We're gay and on TV
And I've heard my straight mates say:
“I don't mind it happening
As long as I don't hear about it”
Well here, now, it's happening
And it's hard and it's fast and it's racing
A gasp and a whimper
The sound of flesh whacking flesh
Of my penis inside him
It's sweat dripping from one man to another
A soaring, writhing ecstasy of kissin
It's in your face
It's in your head
It's in the space
Where angels fear to tread
Because my sex is part of my identity
My sex makes me and shapes me
And I’m not going to stop it and lock it
And shut it up
Not for you and not for me
My sex is laced with shame
My sex is the wrong sex
My sex was illegal
My sex instils fear
It's parks after dark
And it's public toilets
And it's AIDS
Like David Stuart said:
“When your parents think of sex
They see your sister married

But lastly my sex is my gift
To be shared safely
With rising sensation
Of move and thrust and kiss
My sex lives in excited eyes
It whispers between fingertips
My sex is in his smile
It's in his pleasure
And what we share together
My sex speaks now and always will
Of the word we all call love
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
August 12th, 2019 at 10:44:46 PM permalink
Put me on the Group W bench as well, Mike. I hope you gives this the thought it deserves.
Once Dear should have stopped this in the bud with maxies first post .
It's no coincidence this shit started on the second anniversary of Nazis marching by torchlight.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
MaxPen
MaxPen
August 12th, 2019 at 10:55:43 PM permalink

Yes.

Me.

"here's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again."

George W. Bush
MaxPen
MaxPen
August 12th, 2019 at 10:57:19 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

Put me on the Group W bench as well, Mike. I hope you gives this the thought it deserves.
Once Dear should have stopped this in the bud with maxies first post .
It's no coincidence this shit started on the second anniversary of Nazis marching by torchlight.

What do Nazis marching by torchlight have to do with this?
EvenBob
EvenBob
Thanked by
MaxPenkubikulann
August 12th, 2019 at 11:16:27 PM permalink
I told Mike he can c;lose this thread
if wants, fine with me. Too much
sturm and drang for me..

Sturm and Drang was a counter
enlightenment movement in the
18th century. That's where we are
now in society, the stifling of
enlightenment. Believe as it's
PC to believe, or we'll shut you
up. It's why so many well known
comedians have self banned
themselves from college campuses.
There is no tolerance anymore
for anything but the strict PC line.

If you don't toe that line, you're a
hater and every other word in their
arsenal of names. This will go on
for awhile, the massive intolerance,
then it will break. It always does.
MaxPen
MaxPen
August 12th, 2019 at 11:21:17 PM permalink

I told Mike he can c;lose this thread
if wants, fine with me. Too much
sturm and drang for me..

Sturm and Drang was a counter
enlightenment movement in the
18th century. That's where we are
now in society, the stifling of
enlightenment. Believe as it's
PC to believe, or we'll shut you
up. It's why so many well known
comedians have self banned
themselves from college campuses.
There is no tolerance anymore
for anything but the strict PC line.

If you don't toe that line, you're a
hater and every other word in their
arsenal of names. This will go on
for awhile, the massive intolerance,
then it will break. It always does.

Yeah, I'd still like to know. How does one equate hate speech with the use of an adjective such as "degenerative"?

I was trying to relate a point much as one would when discussing a gambler that has gone astray thru degenerative behavior.
I guess that gives everyone who is offended by a simple statement and question free reign to lash out with true vitriol though, violating clear and concise rules. Whatever. PC gone mad, I guess.
I spent a number of years in the corporate special events world and had/have many gay friends. I don't think any of them would have reacted to that question the way things are going down here.
rxwine
rxwine
Thanked by
OnceDear
August 12th, 2019 at 11:53:19 PM permalink

Yeah, I'd still like to know. How does one equate hate speech with the use of an adjective such as "degenerative"?

I would say, you tried starting your discussion with several negative assumptions already a given.

If I had to make a comparison, let's say, you're a original colonist sent to negotiate peace with some native American tribes, and you started your negotiation with, "Well we know you're ignorant bastards given to uncivilized ways, but nevertheless we'd still like to have a discussion with you dirty rag wearing savages. Here, take some of these smallpox blankets as a gesture of goodwill. Thankyou very much. Peace pipe back at you, fellow.

Maybe not exactly like that, but mostly like that.
MaxPen
MaxPen
August 13th, 2019 at 12:12:47 AM permalink
Quote: rxwine

I would say, you tried starting your discussion with several negative assumptions already a given.

If I had to make a comparison, let's say, you're a original colonist sent to negotiate peace with some native American tribes, and you started your negotiation with, "Well we know you're ignorant bastards given to uncivilized ways, but nevertheless we'd still like to have a discussion with you dirty rag wearing savages. Here, take some of these smallpox blankets as a gesture of goodwill. Thankyou very much. Peace pipe back at you, fellow.

Maybe not exactly like that, but mostly like that.

Compared to one word that's a whole lot of adjectives. I guess some are more equal than others. Thanks for the reply.
rxwine
rxwine
August 13th, 2019 at 12:26:15 AM permalink

Compared to one word that's a whole lot of adjectives. I guess some are more equal than others. Thanks for the reply.

I wouldn't say it was one word, but several phrases.

"degenerative to human existence."
"participating in degenerate behavior"
"pedo agenda seems to be getting pushed by the same crowd. "
" living in perpetual sin"
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
Thanked by
EvenBob
August 13th, 2019 at 1:40:07 AM permalink

What do Nazis marching by torchlight have to do with this?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
August 13th, 2019 at 2:52:17 AM permalink

Yes.

Me.

Quoted to find out if AAAEBSAMETO. I do wish the poster would look at her own Trump posts before throwing such stones. Some have been pretty vile.

Quote:

No. If you read the posts from those you have insulted you will see that what we dislike is a group that wants "to be equal" to "just live their life" but then calls attention to it every chance they get. You do not see "straight pride rallies" (except a small few in response to the gay pride rallies, and they were in one case denied a permit!) You do not see people waving "straight pride flags." See, if gays want "to be normal" then they need to just live a quiet, normal life. A normal life is not what they want. Attention is what they want.

It is like the claim, "he can be fired for being gay!" No, a good employee will be kept. You will get fired for lets call it, "camping it up" and acting unprofessional, being disruptive. That is what will get you fired. But a special law is demanded to allow it.

Quote:

No, a flag showing rebellion. I am guessing the gay flag, the one you like, is OK though? If you want to suggest tolerance, it goes both ways.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 57
Thanked by
Forager
August 13th, 2019 at 4:31:51 AM permalink
If there is any doubt that OP is a racist bigot, I will remind everyone of this gem -

I would hire the white kid every time.
The black kid might be great, but I
guarantee he has siblings or cousins
who are crooks and you never know
what you're getting into. If I owned a
factory, that would be different. But
a small store is totally different.

https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/general/30375-trumps-second-and-third-year-in-office/990/#post698264
darkoz
darkoz
Thanked by
rxwine
August 13th, 2019 at 4:51:37 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Quoted to find out if AAAEBSAMETO. I do wish the poster would look at her own Trump posts before throwing such stones. Some have been pretty vile.

No. If you read the posts from those you have insulted you will see that what we dislike is a group that wants "to be equal" to "just live their life" but then calls attention to it every chance they get. You do not see "straight pride rallies" (except a small few in response to the gay pride rallies, and they were in one case denied a permit!) You do not see people waving "straight pride flags." See, if gays want "to be normal" then they need to just live a quiet, normal life. A normal life is not what they want. Attention is what they want.

It is like the claim, "he can be fired for being gay!" No, a good employee will be kept. You will get fired for lets call it, "camping it up" and acting unprofessional, being disruptive. That is what will get you fired. But a special law is demanded to allow it.

No, a flag showing rebellion. I am guessing the gay flag, the one you like, is OK though? If you want to suggest tolerance, it goes both ways.

You do not see straight pride parades because there are no anti-straight laws.

I suppose women's equal rights marchers are calling attention to their sides because there are no equal rigths mens marches?

Straight males pretty much have every other parade to themselves.

Acting like an underdog when you are on top. Biggest joke of the 21st century
billryan
billryan
August 13th, 2019 at 4:55:45 AM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

If there is any doubt that OP is a racist bigot, I will remind everyone of this gem -

https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/general/30375-trumps-second-and-third-year-in-office/990/#post698264

But everyone is a racist iinside so what is wrong with expressing ones self. After all, if being gay isn't a choice, why can't some people just be hardwired for hatred. Perhaps that's why some seemingly normal folks are so fundamentally broken. Hate the sin, but love the sinner. Yeah, that's the ticket.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
August 13th, 2019 at 5:04:51 AM permalink

AZD is piling on with his usual misinformed social garbage. It's like pond scum from the disgusting political threads is dragged into every other waterway by the same slimy fouled boats.

That went too far. Three days.

As a point of order, admin names are in green, whether banned or not. The ability to post as an admin supersedes being banned, so it's pretty much on the honor system.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
August 13th, 2019 at 5:09:21 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

Put me on the Group W bench as well, Mike. It's no coincidence this shit started on the second anniversary of Nazis marching by torchlight.

As you wish. We will make the reason profanity.
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 142
August 13th, 2019 at 5:11:05 AM permalink
Quote: petroglyph

It's to bad that peoples thoughts are so programmed that there can't be a topic like Bob started here. I think this thread has the potential to illuminate and educate.

Ams blocked the thread right away or so he says, that is sad because I think he may have had the experience and certainly the intelligence to discuss this topic in an adult and possibly civil manner.

My take on more than 80% of AMS posts is that they all include a slightly disguised insult, and he has been given time out occasionally for it, but also I've witnessed Babs instant defense of anything remotely insulting to AMS. It's possible he has her on speed PM? Whatever, they're handling that. But then I notice Once dear leaps in and warns and threatens against straying to close the insult line. Is everyone that pitifully sensitive? Is that what your work of love and respect for free speech has come to?

I've had gay friends longer than twice the time AMS has been alive. A friend of ours who is a Dyke just left after staying with us for two weeks, [she is also an excellent cook].

I remember years ago some mayor of San Francisco retorted when someone remarked that SF was known for having many homosexuals that live there, he said "yes we do have many gay people" but we also have a lot of other things of interest.

I'm sorry to see you shut down this thread, for whatever reason you feel the need, [if you do]. I don't see it as prejudice or racist, maybe others have to? IDK, but if members here don't give this a chance to be discussed openly and maturely, that is as homophobic as anything I can think of, when we are afraid to even say the word. It must not appear to you Wizard, that there has been a direct insult, or you would have dealt with it, as would OD, or whoever's on duty. I think by not giving it a chance, you are reducing LBG's to that being the entirety of their existence. We all are, more than our sexuality.

We have moderators standing at the ready to do what they feel is necessary, extra warnings have already been given. What is everyone afraid of?

I don’t think it has to do with the subject or the word gay. I think it has more to do with let’s not have a thread for every possible individual political topic on a gambling forum.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
August 13th, 2019 at 5:20:07 AM permalink

It's like pond scum from the disgusting political threads is dragged into every other waterway by the same slimy fouled boats..

Even a thread dealing with the Gilroy Garlic festival draws the same re-heated posts about Conservatives and Liberals, Obama and Clinton, Sexual Orientation comments, etc. Not only have we heard it all before but if it didn't take place near Gilroy at or about the time of the festival what motivates these trolls to mount their favorite soapbox and bore us to utter distraction with their tiresome views over and over again.

I have never asked a Boxman or a Base Dealer about their views on politics or sexual orientation issues. And you can be absolutely certain that I will not bring up such irrelevant nonsense to someone who has a stick in his hand.
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
  • Threads: 164
August 13th, 2019 at 5:34:49 AM permalink

Nope. Again, a mod told us to start
a Gay thread, so I started one. So
I'm the bad guy? What did I say here
that's hateful or not true. Nothing.
The offense in 2019 is just discussing
it at all. That's how low society has
gotten.

I didn't say you were bad guy, at least not for starting this thread. Personally I don't see anything wrong with it unless it breeds serious hateful comments. I guess I should have made that clear. I might make gay jokes, but I don't hate Gays or think they are inferior people.

BUT, you can't tell me you didn't know this would create a ton of controversy. I'm sure once a mod suggested a gay thread you jumped right on that knowing damn well it was a bad idea.

I was mainly talking about in the future if they decide to change the rules.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
  • Jump to: