Thread Rating:

michael99000
michael99000
  • Threads: 9
July 29th, 2019 at 3:25:21 PM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

can you give me some examples of places that are more user-friendly? The one thing I don't like about this site, it doesn't have buttons that you can automatically enter videos, pictures, special fonts or colors and other things.

I donít want to draw attention to, or lead anyone to, other forums.

And I agree with you about those buttons. Iíd include that under modernization. The way it is here with pics and videos feels very 2008 like.
gordonm888
gordonm888
  • Threads: 43
July 29th, 2019 at 3:33:25 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

Last nite, while packing books, I came across six hundred dollar bills in between two books. I have no idea if it is my money that I misplaced or if it was there when I bought the books. Either way, I have $600 more than I had before I started. It's nice as I've been hemorrhaging it the last few weeks.

LOL, similar story, About a month ago I was going through a box of magazines and photos that I hadn't looked at in over 25 years and I found these:

Hoo-Hah! I realize the Marvel Treasury Edition #28 (Superman/Spider-man) is nothing special, but its nice to have Incredible Hulk #2 and Fantastic Four #12 back in my collection!
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
redietz
redietz
  • Threads: 27
July 29th, 2019 at 3:44:28 PM permalink
I am spectacularly happy for you. Those two issues predate my collection by a year or so -- and I remember the storylines. That Hulk/Thing matchup is a classic. The way it was explained to me was, "Pound for pound, Hulk and Thing are about the same, but the Hulk has quite a few more pounds."
"You can't breathe dead hippo waking, sleeping, and eating, and at the same time keep your precarious grip on existence."
tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
July 30th, 2019 at 12:18:41 AM permalink
[
Quote: michael99000

I donít want to draw attention to, or lead anyone to, other forums.

And I agree with you about those buttons. Iíd include that under modernization. The way it is here with pics and videos feels very 2008 like.

I want to say that JB coded this forum himself. It's a verygood from scratch, but it would have been so much better to buy a well-tested and supported message board software. I've never liked the formatting here, ever.
BigDad
BigDad
  • Threads: 2
August 6th, 2019 at 2:39:39 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

It's like clockwork. Every mid-July to mid August it's dead around here, and everyone says, this forum's dying. Then football starts, G2E, Cutting Edge, etc. and it wakes right up again.

Oh understand now. Summer holidays, everybody is chilling.
flysrb
flysrb
  • Threads: 10
Thanks for this post from:
Mission146beachbumbabs
August 6th, 2019 at 3:58:10 PM permalink
Hey Now!
I'm here!
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 125
gordonm888
August 6th, 2019 at 4:14:50 PM permalink
Quote: flysrb

Hey Now!
I'm here!

Awesome! Feel free to post more often than bi-annually!
Vultures can't be choosers.
MDawg
MDawg
  • Threads: 17
August 7th, 2019 at 8:34:26 AM permalink
Quote: PokerGrinder

Will hairy and Jewish work? Lol

Is this what it's all about now, mang? Posts about hairy overweight male members trying to lose weight?

Deader than dead!

Me - going to be on an extended gambling trip soon. Cya! Deadsters.
I tell you itís wonderful to be here, man. I donít give a damn who wins or loses. Itís just wonderful to be here with you people.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 175
August 7th, 2019 at 8:42:25 AM permalink
Quote: gordonm888

LOL, similar story, About a month ago I was going through a box of magazines and photos that I hadn't looked at in over 25 years and I found these:

Hoo-Hah! I realize the Marvel Treasury Edition #28 (Superman/Spider-man) is nothing special, but its nice to have Incredible Hulk #2 and Fantastic Four #12 back in my collection!

Nice. I just sold most of my early Hulks to finance my building. I've never had a FF12. Bought one a few years ago but it had some color touch so I returned it. It's been on fire lately. Your find is several thousand dollars more than mine. Prices are nuts right now and I don't think they are sustainable, although we have heard that before.
PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
  • Threads: 22
AxelWolf
August 7th, 2019 at 8:44:44 AM permalink
Quote: MDawg

Is this what it's all about now, mang? Posts about hairy overweight male members trying to lose weight?

Deader than dead!

Me - going to be on an extended gambling trip soon. Cya! Deadsters.

Wow Iím so glad that you come back to let us know how dead the forum is. Why donít you just stop coming here if itís so bad? You add nothing to this forum except complaining.
You can shear a sheep a hundred times, but you can skin it only once. ó Amarillo Slim Preston

• Jump to: