MrCasinoGames
MrCasinoGames
Joined: Sep 13, 2010
  • Threads: 199
  • Posts: 9432
April 30th, 2019 at 5:56:09 AM permalink
Goodbye Florida gambling bill for 2019: ĎItís 99% deadí. http://bit.ly/2GT0XH4

* A proposed gambling bill for the 2019 Legislative Session is dead, multiple sources told Florida Politics on Monday evening.
ďI would say itís 99% dead,Ē said one lawmaker who was familiar with the behind-the-scenes talks but was not authorized to speak on the record. http://bit.ly/2GT0XH4
Stephen Au-Yeung (Legend of New Table Games®) NewTableGames.com
terapined
terapined
Joined: Dec 1, 2012
  • Threads: 88
  • Posts: 5914
April 30th, 2019 at 7:14:50 AM permalink
Quote: MrCasinoGames

Goodbye Florida gambling bill for 2019: ĎItís 99% deadí. http://bit.ly/2GT0XH4

* A proposed gambling bill for the 2019 Legislative Session is dead, multiple sources told Florida Politics on Monday evening.
ďI would say itís 99% dead,Ē said one lawmaker who was familiar with the behind-the-scenes talks but was not authorized to speak on the record. http://bit.ly/2GT0XH4




Would I like to see more competition
Of course
But overall, I'm happy with the gambling we already have here in Florida
I have 3 local poker rooms to pick from
I typically gamble at the Derby Lane poker room in St Pete
WOV supports censorship. Bring back free speech challenging lies.
Nathan
Nathan
Joined: Sep 2, 2016
  • Threads: 65
  • Posts: 3430
April 30th, 2019 at 7:25:02 AM permalink
Quote: terapined

Would I like to see more competition
Of course
But overall, I'm happy with the gambling we already have here in Florida
I have 3 local poker rooms to pick from
I typically gamble at the Derby Lane poker room in St Pete



I'm with you. In Florida, we have 37 CASINOS! There are 10 in Miami and Broward combined alone. Hawaii and Utah don't even have even ONE Casino. Okay, Utah not having Casinos makes sense as they are Conservative and strict Mormon State, but you would think Hawaii which is,a lot more loose and a lot more fun than Utah is would have Casinos.
Last edited by: Nathan on Apr 30, 2019
In both The Hunger Games and in gambling, may the odds be ever in your favor. :D "Man Babes" #AxelFabulous "Olive oil is processed but it only has one ingredient, olive oil."-Even Bob, March 27/28th. :D The 2 year war is over! Woo-hoo! :D I sometimes speak in metaphors. ;) Remember this. ;) Crack the code. :D 8.9.13.25.14.1.13.5.9.19.14.1.20.8.1.14! :D "For about the 4096th time, let me offer a radical idea to those of you who don't like Nathan -- block her and don't visit Nathan's Corner. What is so complicated about it?" Wizard, August 21st. :D
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
Joined: Oct 19, 2009
  • Threads: 265
  • Posts: 14484
April 30th, 2019 at 7:39:56 AM permalink
Quote: terapined

But overall, I'm happy with the gambling we already have here in Florida

I would say I'm more 'content' than happy with Florida gaming. It is a bit like the lunch special I had yesterday: satisfying.

I would prefer the Seminoles be subject to disclosure on their slots, even though I don't play them.
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
Joined: May 21, 2013
  • Threads: 99
  • Posts: 14240
Thanks for this post from:
MrCasinoGames
April 30th, 2019 at 7:51:42 AM permalink
Quote: Nathan

I'm with you. In Florida, we have 37 CASINOS! There are 10 in Miami and Broward combined alone. Hawaii and Utah don't even have even ONE Casino. Okay, Utah not having Casinos makes sense as they are Conservative and strict Amish State, but you would think Hawaii which is,a lot more loose and a lot more fun than Utah is would have Casinos.



I don't think 37 casinos is accurate in full "casino" mode, like Nevada and Atlantic City have. I wish it were, and this bill would have moved it along in that direction. But people on this board see the word casino and think it's all the same.

We have zero land -based casinos with Vegas rules, and a half-dozen ships that go offshore to offer full gaming on half-day to full-day trips.

We have 5 Indian casinos (think that's correct, could be 4 or 6) that offer fake live craps and roulette, but I think have some bubble craps and eroulette. Otherwise they have most Class iii games and cards, but there are still Class ii slots among most of those.

Miami-Dade and Broward have a special enterprise zone that allows them to offer slots at racetracks. The rest of the state doesn't allow slots.

We have card rooms attached to racetracks in the rest of Florida that have poker and player-banked card games, no slots or electronics.

This bill would have allowed more parity from non-Indian providers with the NA compact, among other things. But I haven't studied all the language in detail. I do know there's a strong anti-gaming lobby (and anti-competition from the Seminoles) here, so I'm not surprised it's dying for this session. But they'll try again next session, I'm sure.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
terapined
terapined
Joined: Dec 1, 2012
  • Threads: 88
  • Posts: 5914
Thanks for this post from:
Boz
April 30th, 2019 at 8:02:59 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

. I do know there's a strong anti-gaming lobby (and anti-competition from the Seminoles) here, so I'm not surprised it's dying for this session. But they'll try again next session, I'm sure.



We need a referendum
Among republicans controlling the state, they absolutely hate MJ
It was going nowhere until we got a referendum and the people spoke with over 70% approval. It was a landslide
I'm still in a bit of shock that I can buy MJ legally in FL. I would have never predicted this when I moved to FL 16 years ago
WOV supports censorship. Bring back free speech challenging lies.
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
Joined: May 21, 2013
  • Threads: 99
  • Posts: 14240
April 30th, 2019 at 8:17:43 AM permalink
Quote: terapined

We need a referendum
Among republicans controlling the state, they absolutely hate MJ
It was going nowhere until we got a referendum and the people spoke with over 70% approval. It was a landslide
I'm still in a bit of shock that I can buy MJ legally in FL. I would have never predicted this when I moved to FL 16 years ago



Unfortunately, we had a referendum on the 2018 ballot. It was written by the Seminoles and Disney. It was also written to deceive people about what they were voting 'for', because they actually were voting 'against' expanding gaming by the legislature. And it passed, with 90 MILLION spent on ads and mailers supporting the restrictions.

So I'm not sure a referendum in the opposite direction could go anywhere. But one can only try.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 239
  • Posts: 13431
April 30th, 2019 at 8:54:15 AM permalink
Quote: Nathan

I'm with you. In Florida, we have 37 CASINOS! There are 10 in Miami and Broward combined alone. Hawaii and Utah don't even have even ONE Casino. Okay, Utah not having Casinos makes sense as they are Conservative and strict Amish State, but you would think Hawaii which is,a lot more loose and a lot more fun than Utah is would have Casinos.



Utah is Amish?
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
billryan
billryan
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 236
  • Posts: 15515
Thanks for this post from:
Joemantringlomane
April 30th, 2019 at 9:04:37 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Utah is Amish?



I haven't trusted the Amish since they helped the Germans bomb Pearl Harbor. Aren't they the ones that nailed Martin Luthur King to the door of some cathedral and fed him a diet of worms?
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
Nathan
Nathan
Joined: Sep 2, 2016
  • Threads: 65
  • Posts: 3430
April 30th, 2019 at 9:08:16 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Utah is Amish?



Oops, Utah is Mormon, not Amish. Thanks for the correction. To the edit button! 😆
In both The Hunger Games and in gambling, may the odds be ever in your favor. :D "Man Babes" #AxelFabulous "Olive oil is processed but it only has one ingredient, olive oil."-Even Bob, March 27/28th. :D The 2 year war is over! Woo-hoo! :D I sometimes speak in metaphors. ;) Remember this. ;) Crack the code. :D 8.9.13.25.14.1.13.5.9.19.14.1.20.8.1.14! :D "For about the 4096th time, let me offer a radical idea to those of you who don't like Nathan -- block her and don't visit Nathan's Corner. What is so complicated about it?" Wizard, August 21st. :D
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 239
  • Posts: 13431
April 30th, 2019 at 9:12:21 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

I haven't trusted the Amish since they helped the Germans bomb Pearl Harbor. Aren't they the ones that nailed Martin Luthur King to the door of some cathedral and fed him a diet of worms?



I come across them now ant then, no interaction beyond a friendly wave. What I love about them is they are this traditional sect that does not use modern tech, though how much tech varies. But no modern tech, but they have built among the strongest brands out there. AMISH = QUALITY. Or so the brand implies. Their stuff was even at the Home Show.

BTW: I am not talking that Amish Mafia nonsense.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
Joeman
Joeman
Joined: Feb 21, 2014
  • Threads: 35
  • Posts: 2320
Thanks for this post from:
tringlomane
April 30th, 2019 at 9:27:32 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

I haven't trusted the Amish since they helped the Germans bomb Pearl Harbor. Aren't they the ones that nailed Martin Luthur King to the door of some cathedral and fed him a diet of worms?

That's just both wrong and hilarious on so many levels! Thanks for the laugh, Bill!

Funny thing about the Amish (or at least the ones our company does business with) not using electricity. This means they can't use gasoline engines because it requires an electrical spark (from the spark plug) to ignite the air/fuel mix. However, they can use diesel engines, since the compression alone ignites the air/fuel mix; no spark needed.
"Dealer has 'rock'... Pay 'paper!'"
terapined
terapined
Joined: Dec 1, 2012
  • Threads: 88
  • Posts: 5914
April 30th, 2019 at 9:30:00 AM permalink
Quote: Joeman

That's just both wrong and hilarious on so many levels! Thanks for the laugh, Bill!

Funny thing about the Amish (or at least the ones our company does business with) not using electricity. This means they can't use gasoline engines because it requires an electrical spark (from the spark plug) to ignite the air/fuel mix. However, they can use diesel engines, since the compression alone ignites the air/fuel mix; no spark needed.




This religion stuff about not being able to do stuff is such BS
Growing up, the local rabbi had to get a neighbor to push the dishwasher on button on Saturdays
WOV supports censorship. Bring back free speech challenging lies.
billryan
billryan
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 236
  • Posts: 15515
April 30th, 2019 at 9:45:16 AM permalink
I used to spend about a week a year near Gettysburg and would stay a night or two in Lancaster. I got the impression much of the traditional stuff was as much to support the tourist industry as anything else. The place I used to stay didn't have electricity in the house, but they "rented" part of their barn to someone who put in electricity and a walk in cooler. No phone in the house, but one in the garage and their kids all have cell phones but only for emergencies.
The boys and young men can make a grand a.week hawking buggy rides and the family makes a.killing selling root beer.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 239
  • Posts: 13431
April 30th, 2019 at 10:37:54 AM permalink
Quote: Joeman

That's just both wrong and hilarious on so many levels! Thanks for the laugh, Bill!

Funny thing about the Amish (or at least the ones our company does business with) not using electricity. This means they can't use gasoline engines because it requires an electrical spark (from the spark plug) to ignite the air/fuel mix. However, they can use diesel engines, since the compression alone ignites the air/fuel mix; no spark needed.



Except the glow plugs......

The Amish have sects. Similar to Jews, some are more reformed and some are less. They had one on TV, the kids had phones and the guy ran a small grocery store, he had a phone and the store had power. Even when I was in HS we saw a film on them and some could use internal combustion engines. I have even heard of sects where they do not have horses but cars all black, brightwork blacked out as well.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
DRich
DRich
Joined: Jul 6, 2012
  • Threads: 85
  • Posts: 10744
April 30th, 2019 at 1:02:57 PM permalink
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
Boz
Boz
Joined: Sep 22, 2011
  • Threads: 155
  • Posts: 5701
April 30th, 2019 at 2:26:56 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman



BTW: I am not talking that Amish Mafia nonsense.



Donít talk about Levi, lol. I still see him from time to time as he comes into my bar and restaurant. As Amish as you and I.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
Joined: Oct 19, 2009
  • Threads: 265
  • Posts: 14484
April 30th, 2019 at 2:39:47 PM permalink
Amish place great power in their bishops, one might allow men to wear two braces another might only allow men to wear one. Being yoked to the outside world is considered bad, so landlines and power transmission lines are bad but some see no evil in power generated in a barn and not connected to the English community. Buggies are often repaired, rarely replaced. Selling apples can be frowned upon but selling apple pies is good income. Art can not adorn the wall but a calendar can, often several.
tringlomane
tringlomane
Joined: Aug 25, 2012
  • Threads: 8
  • Posts: 6278
April 30th, 2019 at 5:38:07 PM permalink
Quote: Nathan

I'm with you. In Florida, we have 37 CASINOS! There are 10 in Miami and Broward combined alone. Hawaii and Utah don't even have even ONE Casino. Okay, Utah not having Casinos makes sense as they are Conservative and strict Mormon State, but you would think Hawaii which is,a lot more loose and a lot more fun than Utah is would have Casinos.



Hawaii probably doesn't want it because it will interfere with the rest of the state's tourism industry.

  • Jump to: