EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
January 29th, 2019 at 12:39:28 PM permalink
An Israeli company says it has the
cure for cancer. Very convincing
article. The question is, why would
the multi billion dollar cancer
treatment industry ever let this happen.

https://www.jpost.com/HEALTH-SCIENCE/A-cure-for-cancer-Israeli-scientists-say-they-think-they-found-one-578939
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 29
January 29th, 2019 at 1:43:35 PM permalink
Sick, something EB and I agree on.

There's apparently been SEVERAL cures for cancer. Many research doctors have come out and stated publicly that whenever they have a super promising cure their funding gets cut, and everything they were working on is covered by pat's and NDA's. It's sickening that one day on someones death bed I'm sure they'll come out and state that there's been hundreds of cures, but the multi billion dollar treatment industry squashed them all.
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
January 29th, 2019 at 2:07:20 PM permalink
Quote: Romes

There's apparently been SEVERAL cures for cancer. Many research doctors have come out and stated publicly that whenever they have a super promising cure their funding gets cut, and everything they were working on is covered by pat's and NDA's. It's sickening that one day on someones death bed I'm sure they'll come out and state that there's been hundreds of cures, but the multi billion dollar treatment industry squashed them all.

I don't think the following is emphasized enough. Bolded is mine.

Quote:

No two cancers are the same. Each individual cancer possesses different biological characteristics, even cancers of the same type. These differences, which can be great or very subtle, are caused by the many distinct populations of cancer cells that can reside within a single tumour.

The term given to this phenomenon is “tumour heterogeneity” and it is one of the major reasons why some cancer treatments fail or eventually lose their initial beneficial effect. This is particularly the case for the new anti-cancer agents, which have been designed against the defects present in all cancer cells. No two people are the same and nor are their cancers.

There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
January 29th, 2019 at 2:13:34 PM permalink
I bet this happens a lot where there could be a cure but there isnt because of money.

In my business I have 3 clients that treat patients with suboxone. Unfortunately these doctors dont tey to get people off narcotics, they just keep giving suboxone. If they weened them off then they would lose money.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
DrawingDead
DrawingDead
  • Threads: 9
Thanked by
rawtuff
January 29th, 2019 at 3:16:09 PM permalink
And the last paragraph from this mass market publication, which is not a scientific or medical journal and which has no scientific competence whatsoever for assessing medical research or any sort of competent academic peer review of any kind at all, finally does get around to mentioning:
Quote:

...so far, the company has concluded its first exploratory mice experiment...

Quote:

...on the cusp of beginning a round of clinical trials...

So what they have "found" is most likely going to turn out to be absolutely nothing, in about twelve to fifteen years from this point, if it is one of the minority that ever actually makes it as far as phase 3 of clinical trials which are necessary to determine efficacy & safety.

Or, the alternative interpretation for the Bobsters and APs of the world: When nothing comes of it, that must mean the evil reptile people from the Bavarian Illuminati and/or the Trilateral Commission and suchlike will have secretly conspired to make you die of cancer, just like they kept you from getting a date to the prom, and everything else.
Suck dope, watch TV, make up stuff, be somebody on the internet.
EvenBob
EvenBob
January 29th, 2019 at 3:28:41 PM permalink
Quote: DrawingDead

So what they have "found" is most likely going to turn out to be absolutely nothing

Unless you're deeply into oncology,
you have no idea what they've found
or what will happen next.
ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy
  • Threads: 117
Thanked by
rawtuff
January 29th, 2019 at 3:54:43 PM permalink
Quote: Romes

And they're all stored right next to all of the plans to make 100 miles per gallon automobile engines that got bought out and buried by Big Auto. But the bit about cancer must be true because Brian on Family Guy says it is! (Nowadays, if you want people to believe something, just get Rick on Rick & Morty to say it.)

I don't believe the "the only reason there's no cure for cancer - correction; there's no publicly announced cure for cancer - is that Big Medicine realizes there's far more money in treating a disease than curing it" hype one bit. If this was even remotely true, then why bother immunizing people? Besides the first company that comes up with one that works can write its own price for it.

And if you want to play the money card, I can think of one business that would love for there to be a cure for cancer - Big Tobacco.
rawtuff
rawtuff
  • Threads: 2
January 29th, 2019 at 4:38:21 PM permalink
fake news in effect
Tits are good, but the most important thing is the soul.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
January 29th, 2019 at 5:10:01 PM permalink
Quote: ThatDonGuy

And they're all stored right next to all of the plans to make 100 miles per gallon automobile engines that got bought out and buried by Big Auto. But the bit about cancer must be true because Brian on Family Guy says it is! (Nowadays, if you want people to believe something, just get Rick on Rick & Morty to say it.)

I don't believe the "the only reason there's no cure for cancer - correction; there's no publicly announced cure for cancer - is that Big Medicine realizes there's far more money in treating a disease than curing it" hype one bit. If this was even remotely true, then why bother immunizing people? Besides the first company that comes up with one that works can write its own price for it.

And if you want to play the money card, I can think of one business that would love for there to be a cure for cancer - Big Tobacco.

Interesting concept. Have Big Tobacco fund a cure for cancer, making their products viable again. I like it.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
January 29th, 2019 at 5:13:02 PM permalink

I thought you said big taco not big tobacco and was like “Damn, even Taco Bell and Del Taco are scheming??”

IMO with people who believe big pharma is hiding cures for cancer, well, make a Venn diagram with them and people who believe in healing crystals & hippy oils, and the diagram is pretty close to just being a circle.
Nathan
Nathan
  • Threads: 66
January 29th, 2019 at 5:35:07 PM permalink
It has been mentioned that the cure for Cancer has been long found but it hasn't been given out because the big Pharma Companies WANT people to keep paying for tests, surgeries, and Chemo/Radiation. Three of my family Members have Cancers and it's no joke. :( The bottom line like the Ojays Song For The Love Of Money says is,"Money,.Money, Money, Money,Money!" And also the song preaches how people will basically let other people die just for money. Hello, Cancer Cure being found but kept in secret.
In both The Hunger Games and in gambling, may the odds be ever in your favor. :D "Man Babes" #AxelFabulous "Olive oil is processed but it only has one ingredient, olive oil."-Even Bob, March 27/28th. :D The 2 year war is over! Woo-hoo! :D I sometimes speak in metaphors. ;) Remember this. ;) Crack the code. :D 8.9.13.25.14.1.13.5.9.19.14.1.20.8.1.14! :D "For about the 4096th time, let me offer a radical idea to those of you who don't like Nathan -- block her and don't visit Nathan's Corner. What is so complicated about it?" Wizard, August 21st. :D
rxwine
rxwine
January 29th, 2019 at 5:59:20 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

Interesting concept. Have Big Tobacco fund a cure for cancer, making their products viable again. I like it.

If you're truly immoral (or perhaps amoral) you play both ends. Make people sick; sell them the cure.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
EvenBob
EvenBob
January 29th, 2019 at 6:06:45 PM permalink
Doesn't matter anyway, they say even
if the cure is real, it would be years
and years of testing in the US before
it was available. You'd have to
travel to where it was available.
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
Thanked by
gamerfreak
January 29th, 2019 at 6:12:38 PM permalink
Cancer cure will come with the implementation of Universal healthcare.
Nathan
Nathan
  • Threads: 66
January 29th, 2019 at 6:14:42 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Doesn't matter anyway, they say even
if the cure is real, it would be years
and years of testing in the US before
it was available. You'd have to
travel to where it was available.

People who are dying of Cancer would gladly hop on an airplane to travel to get the Cure for Cancer. I know I would if I had Cancer.
In both The Hunger Games and in gambling, may the odds be ever in your favor. :D "Man Babes" #AxelFabulous "Olive oil is processed but it only has one ingredient, olive oil."-Even Bob, March 27/28th. :D The 2 year war is over! Woo-hoo! :D I sometimes speak in metaphors. ;) Remember this. ;) Crack the code. :D 8.9.13.25.14.1.13.5.9.19.14.1.20.8.1.14! :D "For about the 4096th time, let me offer a radical idea to those of you who don't like Nathan -- block her and don't visit Nathan's Corner. What is so complicated about it?" Wizard, August 21st. :D
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
January 29th, 2019 at 7:13:28 PM permalink
Quote: RS

I thought you said big taco not big tobacco and was like “Damn, even Taco Bell and Del Taco are scheming??”

IMO with people who believe big pharma is hiding cures for cancer, well, make a Venn diagram with them and people who believe in healing crystals & hippy oils, and the diagram is pretty close to just being a circle.

I'm sure there are many false beliefs around alternative medicine, [ have taken several ] but I will testify that the oil I was given works fantastic for a tooth ache.

I have some expensive clove oil but it works, used it several different times.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
January 29th, 2019 at 7:24:18 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

I bet this happens a lot where there could be a cure but there isnt because of money.

In my business I have 3 clients that treat patients with suboxone. Unfortunately these doctors dont tey to get people off narcotics, they just keep giving suboxone. If they weened them off then they would lose money.

Some people believe in it and some don't. I think it's the lesser of two evils. As long as someone is on that, they have a better chance of fighting the urges to use heroin. It blocks 97% of the receptors causing the urge to reunite with heroin, criminality, and death. You would be begging your sons and daughters to use it if they had an addiction some day when they grow up.
I am a robot.
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
January 29th, 2019 at 8:05:18 PM permalink
Hmmm, might be a good company to buy stock in, to just take a flier and hope the public goes nuts about it.

Can't find it trading publicly though.
"What, me worry?"
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
January 29th, 2019 at 8:10:08 PM permalink
Quote: MrV

Hmmm, might be a good company to buy stock in, to just take a flier and hope the public goes nuts about it.

Can't find it trading publicly though.

If they ever stem the flow of oxy and H at the same time, there is going to be a heck of a flood in to rehab clinics.
djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 83
Thanked by
ForagerRomes
January 29th, 2019 at 8:36:15 PM permalink
What's people going to die from if cancer is no longer a threat? I heard it was the number one cause of death after debating politics on a non political forum
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
ontariodealer
ontariodealer
  • Threads: 7
January 29th, 2019 at 9:37:58 PM permalink
its number two after cardiovascular.
get second you pig
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1493
January 30th, 2019 at 12:27:06 AM permalink
I lost a fair bit gambling on a similar Israeli biotech company called Vascular Biogenics. They also strongly inferred they had found the cure to brain cancer, which would lead to a cure to all cancers.

I hate to stereotype, but I wouldn't get your hopes up.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
  • Jump to: