billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 215
December 15th, 2018 at 4:06:04 PM permalink
One year we hit Great Adventures( Six flags) for its closing weekend. Everything was half off and it was empty. You could get off one ride and get on another. What a pleasure. That $3 hotdog tasted much better when it was a buck and a half.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 88
Thanks for this post from:
RogerKint
December 15th, 2018 at 5:29:30 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

Are you kidding?

Usually its the kids suffering in line because I want to get on the ride and the long lines to the kids seem insufferable

My kids are just an excuse for me to go

Anyone who doesnt like DisneyWorld is both unamerican and inhuman

Also probably hates kids long lines high prices and all the associated fun that goes with it

Reality
WOV supports censorship. Bring back free speech challenging lies.
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
December 15th, 2018 at 6:13:34 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

Some disabled vets had a small cottage industry, hiring out to tourists. Groups with someone in a wheelchair get priority. This evidently upset other people not smart enough to do it themselves. Now those vets are unemployed.

And those Vets deserved every dollar they earned by doing it. Just sad some of our Vets had to resort to doing it to make ends meet.
Last edited by: Boz on Dec 15, 2018
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 173
December 15th, 2018 at 6:32:25 PM permalink
If you grew up in Florida, you've probably been to Disney 4 times or more before you were 18.

The whole point of the "safe" rides is so Disney doesn't have too many horror stories of happy kids flying through the air to their death or life-long manglement.

Although they did have that kid eaten by the alligator. That was an ambulance chasing lawyer's wet dream.
The Hall of Unverified Claims is a vast place with many shelves.
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
Thanks for this post from:
Forager
December 15th, 2018 at 6:53:36 PM permalink
Yíall havenít lived until youíve been to Cedar Point in Ohio. Best amusement park in the country (world?).

I grew up an hour away from it so we went at least once a year.

Now when I go, I gladly pay the big bucks to get the line pass. Nothing better than walking past all the commoners waiting in the 1-2 hour lines.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 268
December 15th, 2018 at 7:59:50 PM permalink
I think we can tell the kids at heart from the kids that are not

I also happen to have a Disney bluray collection. I will rewatch Mary Poppins and Sleeping Beauty

And have no qualms about putting on Deodatos Cannibal Holocaust right after. Adult fare or kids fare I enjoy most all

So going to Disneyland is right up my alley
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 115
December 16th, 2018 at 6:07:20 AM permalink
Quote: djatc

can somebody smart in the medical field like SOOPOO answer this cuz I'm really curious

I snarkily answered this somewhere else.... YOU CAN! You just have to ask! I'll say 1-2% of my patients ask me what the anesthesia part will cost, and although I cannot give an exact answer because it is partially dependent on time, which can of course only be approximated pre-op, I can give a ballpark figure. For 100% out of pocket cases, like boob jobs or liposuction, we do give an exact amount to be paid up front. Sadly, that is less than 1% of my practice....

The more common question is not how much your doctor charges, but if your insurance company will pay all of the charge, or what your fraction of the cost will be. If I tell you I get paid $1000 and it is fully covered by your insurance company you don't bat an eyelash. If I tell you it is $100 but you have a $10 copay then you go batshit bonkers.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 51
December 16th, 2018 at 6:15:49 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

I snarkily answered this somewhere else.... YOU CAN! You just have to ask! I'll say 1-2% of my patients ask me what the anesthesia part will cost, and although I cannot give an exact answer because it is partially dependent on time, which can of course only be approximated pre-op, I can give a ballpark figure. For 100% out of pocket cases, like boob jobs or liposuction, we do give an exact amount to be paid up front. Sadly, that is less than 1% of my practice....

The more common question is not how much your doctor charges, but if your insurance company will pay all of the charge, or what your fraction of the cost will be. If I tell you I get paid $1000 and it is fully covered by your insurance company you don't bat an eyelash. If I tell you it is $100 but you have a $10 copay then you go batshit bonkers.

Most doctors look at your like your batsh*t if you mention anything about the cost of something. And forget it if you need to find the negotiated price under insurance.

Iíve switched insurance 3 times in the last few years. Itís literally impossible to shop around for the cheapest plan because the cost of drugs and doctors is so obfuscated until a claim is actually filed. I think this is by design.
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 99
December 16th, 2018 at 9:55:54 AM permalink
I disagree. I have had numerous money conferences with 8 different doctors this past year and 3 different insurers. They all disclose out of pocket, medicare, and third party insurance estimates or costs ahead of procedures or prescriptions. You just have to ask.

I think it's more that people are concentrating on the problem and even purposefully avoiding asking (ie thinking about cost) in the moment. Nobody wants to say, "no, mom, you can't have that lifesaving (blank) because we can't afford it." You get the treatment, you deal with the price later.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 51
December 16th, 2018 at 10:00:55 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

I disagree. I have had numerous money conferences with 8 different doctors this past year and 3 different insurers. They all disclose out of pocket, medicare, and third party insurance estimates or costs ahead of procedures or prescriptions. You just have to ask.

That has been my experience AFTER I have the insurance policy in hand. When shopping for insurance, itís very difficult to calculate actual costs unless itís a $0 deductible plan.

• Jump to: