Thread Rating:

Poll

2 votes (11.11%)
11 votes (61.11%)
5 votes (27.77%)

18 members have voted

terapined
terapined
Joined: Dec 1, 2012
  • Threads: 79
  • Posts: 5325
May 1st, 2018 at 9:47:17 AM permalink
Quote: TigerWu

I feel like the right is flipping out way more over that comedian at the WH Dinner than the left is about Kanye....


Oh, absolutely
Trump insults everybody under the sun and conservatives are ok with it
A comedian at the WHCD lets loose making fun of Sarah Huckabee and some conservatives are outraged.
Please. What a bunch of snow flakes

2 listen votes. EB and Sancho?????? ROTFL
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"
ams288
ams288
Joined: Sep 26, 2012
  • Threads: 22
  • Posts: 5400
May 1st, 2018 at 10:06:37 AM permalink
Quote: terapined


A comedian at the WHCD lets loose making fun of Sarah Huckabee and some conservatives are outraged.



She didn't even "let loose" on her. SHS deserves much worse than the mild roasting she got Saturday night...

The comedian made fun of Chris Christie's weight and Mitch McConnell's neck, but for some reason everyone ignores those and seems upset about the line about SHS's makeup (since when is saying someone has a "perfect smokey eye" an insult?!).
Eater of Worlds
Steverinos
Steverinos
Joined: Jul 6, 2016
  • Threads: 5
  • Posts: 1420
May 1st, 2018 at 10:16:45 AM permalink
When somebody says "Dems are the party of slavery", they can safely be ignored for future opinions on just about everything.
Boz
Boz
Joined: Sep 22, 2011
  • Threads: 154
  • Posts: 5701
Thanks for this post from:
RSSOOPOOMooseton
May 1st, 2018 at 10:49:31 AM permalink
Quote: Steverinos

When somebody says "Dems are the party of slavery", they can safely be ignored for future opinions on just about everything.



Just like when someone says Dems believe most Americans are too lazy and stupid to ever get anywhere without government help, you know they are to be respected because they are willing to tell the truth.

It’s hard to find a Dem who actually believes hard work pays off and is possible. Much more likely to say “You didn’t build it”.
TigerWu
TigerWu
Joined: May 23, 2016
  • Threads: 21
  • Posts: 4022
May 1st, 2018 at 11:13:46 AM permalink
Quote: Boz

“You didn’t build it”.



'There are a lot of wealthy, successful Americans who agree with me – because they want to give something back. They know they didn't – look, if you've been successful, you didn't get there on your own. You didn't get there on your own. I'm always struck by people who think, well, it must be because I was just so smart. There are a lot of smart people out there. It must be because I worked harder than everybody else. Let me tell you something – there are a whole bunch of hardworking people out there. (Applause.)

If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you've got a business – you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen. The Internet didn't get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet.

The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together. There are some things, just like fighting fires, we don't do on our own. I mean, imagine if everybody had their own fire service. That would be a hard way to organize fighting fires.'

Those darn Democrats and their crazy ideas about living in a society that helps it's members....
Steverinos
Steverinos
Joined: Jul 6, 2016
  • Threads: 5
  • Posts: 1420
May 1st, 2018 at 11:17:45 AM permalink
Quote: Boz

It’s hard to find a Dem who actually believes hard work pays off and is possible. Much more likely to say “You didn’t build it”.



Absolutely ridiculous.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 221
  • Posts: 11883
May 1st, 2018 at 11:26:27 AM permalink
Quote: Steverinos

When somebody says "Dems are the party of slavery", they can safely be ignored for future opinions on just about everything.



I do that for people who say the GOP is a racist party.

Difference is the Democrat Party IS the party of slavery and Jim Crow. Liberals like to ignore history they do not like.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
jmills
jmills
Joined: Sep 16, 2014
  • Threads: 8
  • Posts: 98
May 1st, 2018 at 11:39:24 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman


Difference is the Democrat Party IS the party of slavery and Jim Crow. Liberals like to ignore history they do not like.



Anyone with even a cursory interest in American history knows that used to be true. Maybe liberals should spend more time talking about the history of the Democratic party and its racist roots. Then they could talk about Lee Atwater and the Republican party and the Southern Strategy. Then they can talk about the Democratic party of today.

Regarding the poll, where's the option for liking Kanye's music and rolling your eyes at his politics? Whenever he says something dumb I just think, "We'll always have Graduation."
Steverinos
Steverinos
Joined: Jul 6, 2016
  • Threads: 5
  • Posts: 1420
May 1st, 2018 at 11:40:01 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

I do that for people who say the GOP is a racist party.

Difference is the Democrat Party IS the party of slavery and Jim Crow. Liberals like to ignore history they do not like.



Oh, but if only history were that simple, right? Geography, not political affiliations, had almost everything to do with slavery and opposition to civil rights. However, things dramatically changed after the Southern Strategy, a calculated decision by the Republican Party to COURT racist voters. If somebody calls the GOP the racist party, it's BECAUSE they made efforts to actually appeal to racist voters. Which leads me to, what I believe is an accurate statement in 2018:

You might not be a racist if you are a republican. But if you are a racist, you are probably a republican.
terapined
terapined
Joined: Dec 1, 2012
  • Threads: 79
  • Posts: 5325
May 1st, 2018 at 11:47:07 AM permalink
Quote: Boz

Just like when someone says Dems believe most Americans are too lazy and stupid to ever get anywhere without government help, you know they are to be respected because they are willing to tell the truth.

It’s hard to find a Dem who actually believes hard work pays off and is possible. Much more likely to say “You didn’t build it”.


I lean left
I believe in hard work
Never too a handout in my life
Never ever been on unemployment
Those not born in this country like me work very very hard.
You want to get ahead in life, work hard.
ALL my immigrant family members all bust their butt to get ahead
I don't mind paying higher taxes so society has a safety net for those not as fortunate as me
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"

  • Jump to: