Thread Rating:

gamerfreak
gamerfreak
Joined: Dec 28, 2014
  • Threads: 48
  • Posts: 3107
December 19th, 2018 at 12:16:29 PM permalink
I bet Boz is also in favor of the Death Penalty.
billryan
billryan
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 175
  • Posts: 9752
December 19th, 2018 at 12:32:51 PM permalink
"I didn't know about it... even if I did know about it, I wasn't involved... even if I was involved, it wasn't illegal... if it was illegal, it was my lawyer, so they should have known better and kept me from doing it."

Evidently, you can still fool some of the people all of the time.
Hows that 401K doing today?
Boz
Boz
Joined: Sep 22, 2011
  • Threads: 154
  • Posts: 5701
December 19th, 2018 at 12:40:23 PM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

I bet Boz is also in favor of the Death Penalty.



Of course I am, not sure how anyone canít be.

I know, the old liberal motto, better a 1000 killers walk free than one innocent man go to jail. Naturally they never consider the victims of crime and how their lives are affected.

Yes it sadly has been used against minorities in a higher percentage of cases. Thatís wrong and can easily be fixed by applying it more often to everyone convicted of 1st Degree Murder by a jury of fellow citizens.

It may not be a deterrent but it sure saves money. I donít see any normal person complaining McVeigh was put to death rather quickly, with due process. Some people just donít deserve the right to live out their life in prison.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
Joined: Dec 28, 2014
  • Threads: 48
  • Posts: 3107
December 19th, 2018 at 12:52:19 PM permalink
Quote: Boz

Of course I am, not sure how anyone canít be.

I know, the old liberal motto, better a 1000 killers walk free than one innocent man go to jail. Naturally they never consider the victims of crime and how their lives are affected.

Yes it sadly has been used against minorities in a higher percentage of cases. Thatís wrong and can easily be fixed by applying it more often to everyone convicted of 1st Degree Murder by a jury of fellow citizens.

It may not be a deterrent but it sure saves money. I donít see any normal person complaining McVeigh was put to death rather quickly, with due process. Some people just donít deserve the right to live out their life in prison.


You canít be in favor of small government AND capital punishment. They are mutually exclusive ideas. Pick one.

I thought government was bad at everything, why is this any exception?? There have been 156 death row inmates exonerated since 1976, around 1400 were executed in the same timeframe. So we have has at least a 10% failure rate in sentencing guilty people to death.

The fact that an innocent person can be imprisoned and executed by the State is as big and bad as government gets.

Itís not cheaper like you suggest either. Seeking the death penalty imposes an average of approximately $700,000 more in case-level costs than not seeking death.
billryan
billryan
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 175
  • Posts: 9752
December 19th, 2018 at 1:00:55 PM permalink
Republican Congressman in Maine is suing to be declared winner of a race he lost, claiming that he was in the lead on election day. Meanwhile in North Carolina, Republicans want to seat a man who they admit was involved in the worse voter fraud scandal in years. They say to do the election over but put this cheater into Congress pending a new election.
I can see what makes the republican party so attractive to some people. It's good to always have someone to blame. It's not you, it's them.
Dalex64
Dalex64
Joined: Feb 10, 2013
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 1067
December 19th, 2018 at 1:09:02 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

Republican Congressman in Maine is suing to be declared winner of a race he lost, claiming that he was in the lead on election day. Meanwhile in North Carolina, Republicans want to seat a man who they admit was involved in the worse voter fraud scandal in years. They say to do the election over but put this cheater into Congress pending a new election.
I can see what makes the republican party so attractive to some people. It's good to always have someone to blame. It's not you, it's them.


The Maine suit was tossed.

https://www.apnews.com/646e23e07a3a4f63b26e6af8ef392e68

A little more info - It was a ranked-choice vote, and after the first accounting he had the most 1st place votes, but not more than half of the votes. He was seeking to have the ranked-choice voting system declared unconstitutional.

Regarding ranked-choice voting:
Quote:

But Walker, appointed by Republican President Donald Trump, said states are given great leeway in how they conduct elections. Critics can question the wisdom of ranked-choice voting, Walker said, but such criticism ďfalls short of constitutional impropriety.Ē

gamerfreak
gamerfreak
Joined: Dec 28, 2014
  • Threads: 48
  • Posts: 3107
December 19th, 2018 at 1:09:54 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

Republican Congressman in Maine is suing to be declared winner of a race he lost, claiming that he was in the lead on election day. Meanwhile in North Carolina, Republicans want to seat a man who they admit was involved in the worse voter fraud scandal in years. They say to do the election over but put this cheater into Congress pending a new election.
I can see what makes the republican party so attractive to some people. It's good to always have someone to blame. It's not you, it's them.


This is a great op-ed that just came out a few days ago:
Whatever happened to the GOP principle of personal responsibility?
RS
RS
Joined: Feb 11, 2014
  • Threads: 62
  • Posts: 8623
December 19th, 2018 at 2:48:43 PM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

This is a great op-ed that just came out a few days ago:
Whatever happened to the GOP principle of personal responsibility?


Bruh....

Quote:

The president must own up to the egregious personal mistakes he made years ago that immersed him in his current legal predicament. Nobody forced Trump to engage in wild sexual escapades while Melania Trump was pregnant with the coupleís son.


That's just straight up retarded.

Quote:

When allegations about affairs with a porn star and Playboy model threatened to blow up Trumpís 2016 presidential campaign, nobody forced him to arrange hush-money payments through his lawyer, Michael Cohen. The specific goal of these payments was to deprive voters of important information they needed in order to judge Trumpís character and background.




I think you meant "third rate op-ed" not "great". Because this is most certainly terrible.
darkoz
darkoz
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
  • Threads: 238
  • Posts: 7284
December 19th, 2018 at 3:58:53 PM permalink
Quote: RS

Quote: gamerfreak

This is a great op-ed that just came out a few days ago:
Whatever happened to the GOP principle of personal responsibility?


Bruh....


That's just straight up retarded.




I think you meant "third rate op-ed" not "great". Because this is most certainly terrible.



Its almost longer than your tagline
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
billryan
billryan
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 175
  • Posts: 9752
Thanks for this post from:
RS
December 19th, 2018 at 4:06:33 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

Quote: RS

Quote: gamerfreak

This is a great op-ed that just came out a few days ago:
Whatever happened to the GOP principle of personal responsibility?


Bruh....


That's just straight up retarded.




I think you meant "third rate op-ed" not "great". Because this is most certainly terrible.



Its almost longer than your tagline



Yet not nearly as succulent.

  • Jump to: