Thread Rating:

Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 123
October 4th, 2017 at 7:55:55 PM permalink
Quote: MrV

Please tell me exactly what portions of the constitution need to be changed; then tell me the terms of the new, replacement terms you want in the constitution.

There will be no Constitution, only laws. No need to be slaves to a document written over 200 years ago. No need to guess what the forefathers meant or would have wanted or speculate on that matter because they are dead and the laws no longer effect them.
Vultures can't be choosers.
Mission146
Mission146
October 4th, 2017 at 7:56:56 PM permalink
Quote: prozema

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the Constitution has been amended 33 times.

ďLargely unchangingĒ

Thatís one Amendment every how many years?
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 78
October 4th, 2017 at 8:00:39 PM permalink
Quote: NokTang

Yeah "LOL"...you might have noticed I mentioned my inquiry about the comped vs paid for suite before Mr. Massi was on FOX talking about the issue. So in fact my kind friend, he is either reading these posts and following the logical progression to the comp question I posed, or "great minds thing alike". Take your pick mate and have a nice day.

Comped vs paid suite is meaningless
Even if it was comped, in reality they are not giving him a free room
All comped rooms are simply a rebate on estimated losses.
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"
prozema
prozema
  • Threads: 24
October 4th, 2017 at 8:00:47 PM permalink
Quote: Mission146

ďLargely unchangingĒ

Thatís one Amendment every how many years?

241 years / 33 amendments = 1 every 7.3 years.
Mission146
Mission146
October 4th, 2017 at 8:01:25 PM permalink
Quote: NokTang

Good morning. There remains a question about the "windows". On report of a sledge hammer being found in the room, but only one. Yet to be answered once again is the question as to why the windows were of such a weak strength they could be broken. It seems fairly easy to use thicker something such as transparent aluminum. It is also not clear that all the 500 plus were shot. I would assume many were hurt in the stampede or making escape efforts. Of course all the answers aren't going to bring people back, but, naturally we want to prevent a repeat act or copy cat. Keeping it on our minds a few more days might save lives in the future but it will fade from forefront of life, and lucky for us, life will go on.

What!?

Probably because the windows are sufficient to overcome any naturally occurring environmental elements.

Also, in some jurisdictions, hotels with otherwise inadequate fire safety measures can occasionally get by provider the windows CAN be broken in the event of an emergency for ventilation and/or escape.

I agree not all were shot, in all likelihood.

I think changes to gun laws and security laws regarding venues of a certain maximum occupancy could help.
Mission146
Mission146
October 4th, 2017 at 8:02:41 PM permalink

241 years / 33 amendments = 1 every 7.3 years.

Not often enough. Besides, two of those Amendments directly offset one another!
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 47
October 4th, 2017 at 8:09:32 PM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

>>>>Texting while driving has led to a high percentage of
>>>>distracted driver accidents. So now it's mostly illegal.
And in all but one of those states accidents went up because drivers now have to really hide that phone and take their eyes off the road for quite a spell.

Correlation != Causation, you know that.

While itís true thereís been an uptick in accident deaths in the last 2-3 years, many attribute it to lower gas prices, which means more miles traveled, which means more accidents. Iím not aware of any evidence that suggests would suggest that making texting while driving illegal is causing more accidents. Honestly that sounds absurd to me.

>>>>Driving while not using a seat belt led to more
>>>> severe injuries and higher death rate. Now illegal.
Only because it gives cops an excuse to stop everybody.

Huh? Seatbelts are required because flying bodies tend to be a risk to other people, especially other passengers in the car. Plus there is literally no legitimate reason not to wear one.

>>>>Paint with lead in it is now illegal.
With elderly landlords saddled with remediation bills.

As oppose to tenants to unknowingly allowing themselves and their children live in a poisonous environment? News flash, sh1t happens, thatís a risk you take real estate. Not everything bad that happens is the governmentís fault.
Neutrino
Neutrino
  • Threads: 84
October 4th, 2017 at 8:09:40 PM permalink
Quote: Keeneone

Let me fix that for you...
"First they came for the Semi-autos, and I did not speak outó
Because I was not a mass murderer.
Then they came for the shotguns, and I did not speak outó
Because I was not a bird hunter.
Then they came for the handguns, and I did not speak outó
Because I lived in a safe neighborhood,
Then they came for meóand there was no gun to scare them away."
-Keeneone-
----------

I agree with earlier posts, Face's comments on this subject are appreciated.
----------

What about bringing insurance into the gun ownership conversation?
----------

This is quite good!
prozema
prozema
  • Threads: 24
October 4th, 2017 at 8:11:47 PM permalink
Quote: Mission146

Not often enough.

I respect your opinion, but completely disagree.
Mission146
Mission146
October 4th, 2017 at 8:16:36 PM permalink

I respect your opinion, but completely disagree.

Likewise, Iím sleepy and probably talking out of my backside anyway. Constitution is fine, probably, Second Amendment not written when these sorts of weapons that are available now existed, though.

• Jump to: