Thread Rating:

beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 99
October 3rd, 2019 at 2:13:39 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

What’s the basis of MGM paying out 800 million?

Quote: Howard Stutz, CDC Gaming

The total amount of the settlement depends on the number of claimants who choose to participate in the settlement, Eglet said. He added that the two-year statute of limitations expired this week, making it nearly impossible for any additional victims to file claims. Plaintiffs in the lawsuits included families of the 58 killed in the shooting, victims wounded by gunfire, and those suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder and other mental anguish caused by the shooting.

He said there were 4400 parties to the lawsuit, consolidating 65 separate claims, and that MGM reported they were insured for 750 million in their quarterly company report.

So I don't know how it breaks out for each individual, but I can't imagine anyone will do better with the statue of limitations expiring. JMO, though.

Given the amount of claimants, and the lawyers taking their (probably huge but IDK) cut, and the survivors of those killed probably getting the largest pro rata share, it seems like a pretty small amount.

Maybe the lawyers took a flat fee or less than usual contingency for the quick settlement. Seems doubtful.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 166
October 3rd, 2019 at 3:06:45 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

He said there were 4400 parties to the lawsuit, consolidating 65 separate claims, and that MGM reported they were insured for 750 million in their quarterly company report.

So I don't know how it breaks out for each individual, but I can't imagine anyone will do better with the statue of limitations expiring. JMO, though.

Given the amount of claimants, and the lawyers taking their (probably huge but IDK) cut, and the survivors of those killed probably getting the largest pro rata share, it seems like a pretty small amount.

Maybe the lawyers took a flat fee or less than usual contingency for the quick settlement. Seems doubtful.

I was actually asking what was the wrong doing claim against the MGM that justified the payout. Was it just based on a couple fumbles by security? I didn't find too much behavior unreasonable considering what they were dealing with. Yes they could have been prepared at the MGM like a trained anti-terrorist team, but was that really the expectation of a commercial property at that time?
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?
Gialmere
Gialmere
  • Threads: 37
January 18th, 2020 at 9:11:44 PM permalink
Eminem recreates Mandalay Bay shooting in his new video...

Have you tried 22 tonight? I said 22.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
January 19th, 2020 at 5:13:18 PM permalink
Big Deal.
What should the hotel have done differently?
Noted that he was a visitor to a country with high levels of parasites?
Noted that he was a drunkard and a mean drunk to boot?
Noted that he lied in depositions?
Noted he was weird?
Luggage? Rock stars often travel inside luggage. A multi-millionaire recently fled house arrest in Japan and made it to extradition-haven, Lebanon inside luggage.
Gun fancier? Heck, I know of people who collect Pez containers or license plates!

• Jump to: