billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 69
May 21st, 2017 at 8:47:41 AM permalink
Marinate the toughest cut of beef overnight in diet coke and it comes out like filet mignon.
It's what you do and not what you say If you're not part of the future then get out of the way
rsactuary
rsactuary
  • Threads: 8
May 21st, 2017 at 8:58:53 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

Marinate the toughest cut of beef overnight in diet coke and it comes out like filet mignon.

Seriously??? I've never heard of such a thing! Off to Youtube!
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 85
May 22nd, 2017 at 2:57:54 AM permalink
this is google's ranking of the top 8 steak cuts. i think google synthesizes their ranking from several different sources. i was surprised because i would have considered rib-eye above everything except porterhouse which i don't know much about. my grocery store doesn't sell porterhouse but i'm pretty sure that rib-eye is the most expensive per pound of all the others. i also don't really know what tri-tip steak is. flank steak looks to me to be way overrated. i always thought of it as being tough.

Porterhouse. This particular steak is considered the "king" of steaks mainly because it's actually two steaks in one. ...
T-bone. This steak is named after its T-shaped bone. ...
Top Sirloin. This is a relatively lean cut of steak. ...
Tri-Tip. ...
Flank. ...
New York Strip. ...
Filet Mignon. ...
Rib-Eye.
everybody wants to go to heaven. but nobody wants to die.
billryan
billryan
May 22nd, 2017 at 3:43:23 AM permalink
Tri tip seems to be a California thing, spreading to Nevada.
I love flat iron steak but it's not always available. Porterhouse is the bomb.
It's what you do and not what you say If you're not part of the future then get out of the way
GWAE
GWAE
May 22nd, 2017 at 4:20:07 AM permalink
Haha I actually used to put ketchup on steak. I have always been confused about dI ping sauces because a few nice steak house that I have been too give or sell special dipping sauces.

I have gotten pretty good at cooking steak. I use a charcoal grill. I season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Right before I take it off the grill I throw some garlic butter butter on top of the steak and let it melt off. Cooked to a medium. Yummy
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 63
May 22nd, 2017 at 7:35:53 AM permalink

Tri tip seems to be a California thing, spreading to Nevada.
I love flat iron steak but it's not always available. Porterhouse is the bomb.

Smith's almost always has flat irons and they grill up perfect for an inexpensive cut of meat. I usually get them at the corner of Green Valley Parkway and Pebble.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 32
May 22nd, 2017 at 7:41:12 AM permalink
Chuck Eye steak is among the cheapest cuts, and can be great if done correctly. Very very similar to rib eye.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
June 1st, 2017 at 7:35:43 PM permalink
I found this gem today....

I bought 2. The girl checking me out had the biggest look of discust on her face. ITS ON YOUR WINDOW STOP JUDGING ME.

I'll cook them up tomorrow and report back if I can make it from my kitchen back to my PC.
DrawingDead
DrawingDead
  • Threads: 7
June 1st, 2017 at 8:41:40 PM permalink

Quote: rsactuary

Seriously??? I've never heard of such a thing! Off to Youtube!

I've heard of it, but the version I heard of made the hunk 'o meat just disappear entirely, if you leave it in there. Along with paint, if you want to get that off of something. Slowly. I got that from Some Guy On The Internet, with this particular SGOTI's web location being long forgotten now, so...

And, never got around to experimenting with it. So post those Youtubes if you got them.
Nevermind.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
June 1st, 2017 at 9:08:48 PM permalink
Quote: DrawingDead

I've heard of it, but the version I heard of made the hunk 'o meat just disappear entirely, if you leave it in there. Along with paint, if you want to get that off of something. Slowly. I got that from Some Guy On The Internet, with this particular SGOTI's web location being long forgotten now, so...

And, never got around to experimenting with it. So post those Youtubes if you got them.

Anything acidic will dissolve meat and bones eventually. You can dissolve a tooth in coke as well.

• Jump to: