lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 159
November 8th, 2016 at 3:03:58 AM permalink
Quote from Coilman: "In case you guys need more information as to why this is a great bet at 5% return let me add this

Florida bred horses are usually rats.... they usually can not race with other horses outside of Florida. And you would NEVER expect a Florida bred three year old filly to race aged mares in a stakes race.... this one did in Lexington last month and as the only three year old in the race she won easily for her first start for the new owners and trainer.

here is the race where she beat up on the best aged mares in North America at THE RED MILE"

I'm not trying to take you off your bet if you like it. Good Luck. I've thought about these types of bets too. To break even with these types of bets you would have to win 20 out of 21. I've thought about it and I don't know how anyone could estimate the probability of a win rate that high. How can a person estimate the possibility that the horse could break stride or have an incident or a hidden injury? I really don't know and I don't think anyone can know this. Secretariat lost a race and shortly after the race it was discovered that he had an abscessed tooth. Also, if you were determined to do this why not look for a horse in West Virginia where the profit is double and you would only have to risk half as much to make the same amount? But again, it's your bet, not mine. Again, I wish you good luck.
Last edited by: lilredrooster on Nov 8, 2016
𝘱𝘢𝘵𝘳𝘪𝘰𝘵: 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘸𝘩𝘰 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘭𝘦𝘳 𝘭𝘰𝘶𝘥𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘭𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵............. ᴍᴀʀᴋ ᴛᴡᴀɪɴ
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 175
November 8th, 2016 at 7:25:41 AM permalink
Back when Roosevelt Raceway was operating, there was a trotter that had won about a dozen races in a row and was head and shoulders above the field. My two friends and I wheeled him in exactas and then tossed money on him to show. We were recent high school graduates and I think we had almost $100 bet between us. Race starts, he goes to the lead and breaks stride. Recovers late and with a heroic finish manages to come back and finish third. I think we recovered $22 of our money.
A valuable lesson learned.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 159
November 8th, 2016 at 2:00:02 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

How big of a favorite does it have to be to be classified a bridge jumper? I would say around 15:1 favorite.

I think the key to becoming a bridge jumper is not the odds but the fact that you bet big. Really big. Big enough that it's going to hurt really bad if you lose. Because that horse (or non safety allowing football team) owes you money. That money is yours right after you bet it; before the outcome. There is no risk. Because after all; you're you.
𝘱𝘢𝘵𝘳𝘪𝘰𝘵: 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘸𝘩𝘰 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘭𝘦𝘳 𝘭𝘰𝘶𝘥𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘭𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵............. ᴍᴀʀᴋ ᴛᴡᴀɪɴ
coilman
coilman
  • Threads: 130
November 8th, 2016 at 5:04:54 PM permalink
Only a hour left to get your money down..... weather is NOT going to play a part in the outcome nice fast track tonight
speedycrap
speedycrap
  • Threads: 43
November 8th, 2016 at 5:55:28 PM permalink
Quote: coilman

Only a hour left to get your money down..... weather is NOT going to play a part in the outcome nice fast track tonight

I tried to bet on the race but my online place did not have this track on. Sorry.
coilman
coilman
November 8th, 2016 at 6:26:22 PM permalink
Quote: speedycrap

I tried to bet on the race but my online place did not have this track on. Sorry.

Nice the track after the program was printed took away the place betting options.... no way bridge jumpers are betting win for 5%

RACE 7

Profile Changes: NO PLACE WAGERING

Prairie Sweetheart
3 ........1/2 ..........1/9 ................$1.05......................... $30,620................ 99.6%
coilman
coilman
November 8th, 2016 at 6:45:02 PM permalink
Prairie Sweetheart
3 ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,1/2.............. 1/9 .................$1.05 ............... $70,339.............. 97.8% of win money bet on her to win

and win she did easilyyyyyy
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 209
November 8th, 2016 at 8:20:45 PM permalink
If I had to choose a way to die, always thought freezing to death would be my first choice, but it is quite unsettling before the calm and the calm might not be so peaceful. I'd build a guillotine. Think that's quick,relatively painless. Really see no downside. You have to be crazy and stupid to jump from a bridge if the thought of your coconut exploding sounds good.
In the land of the blind, the man with one eye is the care taker. Hold my beer.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 221
November 8th, 2016 at 8:27:23 PM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

If I had to choose a way to die, always thought freezing to death would be my first choice, but it is quite unsettling before the calm and the calm might not be so peaceful. I'd build a guillotine. Think that's quick,relatively painless. Really see no downside. You have to be crazy and stupid to jump from a bridge if the thought of your coconut exploding sounds good.

One of most painless I ever heard of was my dad worked in mill where a guy jumped into the molten steel. Talk about fast way to go.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
DeMango
DeMango
  • Threads: 27
November 8th, 2016 at 11:21:17 PM permalink
Next up: Border Jumpers as the liberals move to Canada!
When a rock is thrown into a pack of dogs, the one that yells the loudest is the one who got hit.

• Jump to: