darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 297
April 29th, 2016 at 4:05:04 PM permalink
Gandler noted there was one being installed at the Tropicana. Resorts AC had theirs installed Weds. I played it on Thursday, first day of play. Executives were hovering around watching. Here is my review.

First pics. If someone can figure out how to do the damn image posting and post it on here that would be great. For now, I will link to pics I took uploaded on photobucket.

Here is a wide view of the game right after the horses have bolted. http://s69.photobucket.com/user/jeukersz/media/royal%20derby%201.png.html?filters[user]=19959590&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=1

And a close-up http://s69.photobucket.com/user/jeukersz/media/royal%20derby%202.png.html?filters[user]=19959590&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0

The game simulates a horse race even to changing odds, touts, lines, whatever you call them (please note I am a total noob when it comes to horse-racing.)

The math break-down of the odds will be difficult I believe because of that. I am sure every game is simply an RNG at the time of kick-off, the winners predetermined, an independent event, but the odds of the horses are based on previous outcomes. At least, that is my analysis from watching the odds keep changing. Obviously it is trying to replicate the excitement of picking horses based on performance even it is a simulated performance.

Maybe there is a way to AP this as it is somewhat based on previous games but I assume their is some heavy negative expectation built in somewhere.

Watching the horses go around is fun but the game is so fast that I don't believe it fully emulates the excitement at the track.

The betting is more crowded than a Craps table. Here is an image http://s69.photobucket.com/user/jeukersz/media/derby%20panel.png.html?filters[user]=19959590&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=2

My play:

So, I threw in $100 bucks and figured I would take a loss for this forum's review. I also had a bus to catch so I threw $50 on a horse. My horse lost.

I bet $50 on a second horse and it came in kicking me up $112 and some change. Note the payouts are fractional so you can wind up with weird pays.

I figured I would play two more games with the $12 profit. I decided to throw $5 on the longest odds available at the moment just for the heck of it. It was a 160:1 or 170:1. or something or other with three horses (a trifecta is what you call it, I guess) and to my utter surprise, I actually won. Suddenly had $872 in my machine.

I cashed out extremely happy until I thought what I would have had if I had kept laying my $50 bets down. 8 gees. Huh, oh well, I was still happy.

Barely made my bus.

The game plays fast. You have less than 30 seconds to make your bets which makes studying the odds on the horses, especially with such a large and changing set of numbers incredibly difficult, but remember, I am not into horse racing so perhaps someone can use it to their advantage.
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
Wizardofnothing
Wizardofnothing
  • Threads: 121
April 29th, 2016 at 4:43:00 PM permalink
Do we have proof of the 872 or is it an ap play we can't mention
No longer hiring, don’t ask because I won’t hire you either
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 297
April 29th, 2016 at 4:47:04 PM permalink
Quote: Wizardofnothing

Do we have proof of the 872 or is it an ap play we can't mention

Trust me, if it had been 8K there would have been proof posted of my win. Wasn't worth taking a photo of this one. I'm still shocked a $5 bet won that much.

Obviously it was sheer luck and not an AP move.
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
  • Jump to: