djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 83
December 8th, 2015 at 10:57:44 PM permalink
Quote: Dodsferd

If you would have played when D3 was released, I think you may have been disappointed. I spent unhealthy volumes of time on D2, and D2 LoD for many years. I played D3 with the expectation of it being a sequel to D2.

D3 is more the successor to D2 than a sequel, at least in terms of game play. The initial release of D3 left me unhappy with the way Blizzard chose to go with the game. The game itself, while beautiful, lacked content like D2 did. The boss loot tables were really no different than any other mob, as the developers wanted you to play through the game rather than do MF runs.

There was no incentive to replay the game once you beat it, save for playing on higher difficulties. The promised "PvP" element was cut from the game, and I grew bored with the game within a month of release.

Since then however, Blizzard has made substantial changes to the game, and it's great! I do miss the PvP aspect, as well as runewords, but that's life.

The RMAH was kinda fun for me, well not the real money part but the buying and selling through gold. I did play again after the expansion came out, I might go back to it since WOW is starting to be a grind of log in, pick up garrison resources, do some dailies, logoff.....

D2 was fun, scratch that addictive because I could horde items, runes, gems to trade for builds. It was a great day when I finally had all my items to build an Auradin (about 8+ high runes) but the fun was gathering all the drops. Also I rarely upgrade my system so it was nice to be able to run it with pretty much no lag on an old system.
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
Dodsferd
Dodsferd
  • Threads: 1
December 8th, 2015 at 11:33:42 PM permalink
Quote: djatc

The RMAH was kinda fun for me, well not the real money part but the buying and selling through gold. I did play again after the expansion came out, I might go back to it since WOW is starting to be a grind of log in, pick up garrison resources, do some dailies, logoff.....

D2 was fun, scratch that addictive because I could horde items, runes, gems to trade for builds. It was a great day when I finally had all my items to build an Auradin (about 8+ high runes) but the fun was gathering all the drops. Also I rarely upgrade my system so it was nice to be able to run it with pretty much no lag on an old system.

I was perma-banned from WoW from the usage of third party software. To be honest, I feel it was overkill, but that's not for me to decide. ~10 years of progress gone due to complacency. Before my ban, I was looking forward to Legion, but since, I can't pick the game up again. If I did, I would be more inclined to bot even more, to pick up where I left off. Too much grinding to do, and I don't have that time to do it myself.

I'm actually kind of surprised to hear the responses that have been given so far in this thread. I was just expecting to be facetious in my comment about video games. Glad to see I'm not the only one here who games.

If anyone has a PS4, let me know if you want to connect via PSN.
I play D3, Need for Speed, GTA V, Call of Duty Black Ops 3. I also own Evolve, Destiny, Dark Souls 2, Bloodborne, and Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare.

For PC, I'm usually involved in League of Legends, World of Warships mostly. I had an EVE addiction for a long time, but have been inactive for quite some time.
This feeling is heavy, makes my body ache and I'm ready; To fall into the sky and I see now, the reason why. My heart is heavy, takes me to a place I can't breathe. Only then I know why I see the warning sign.
Esposito
Esposito
  • Threads: 5
December 9th, 2015 at 1:38:45 AM permalink
I need to visit your profile for a bit to know about your favorite games. hehe!
Ready to learn from others.
DMSCR
DMSCR
December 9th, 2015 at 6:39:55 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

Whirlwind Barb. I'm kinda wishing I'd picked that name for the forum. I like it!

Babs,

You are free to do whatever you want with the "Whirlwind Barb" moniker. All yours. Spread the poison!
DMSCR
DMSCR
December 9th, 2015 at 6:44:07 AM permalink
If you guys like D3 like I am ohhhhh you are gonna love this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTnn6ndiyo4

Sick!

Never played D2 before. Yet I will probably purchase the reimagining/updated version come the future since Blizz is working on bringing D2 back in updated form. Oh the Auction House for D3 was awesome. Love to log on the next day and see like some $10mil gold in my stash. If was even more awesome the first two/three months when the game came out where folks would actually pay real money for digital items. Remember quite well when that rare Spectrum and Horadric Hamburger dropped. Folks were willing to pay $10 to $15 for it. Unbelievable.
DMSCR
DMSCR
December 9th, 2015 at 8:00:51 AM permalink

I keep hearing that the Cube is getting additional recipes added. I'd love to see something involving set bonuses, but that seems like it could be too strong of a mechanic to incorporate, at least to the degree of how legendary extraction works.

The next recipe for Kanai's Cube come 2.4 is that you can augment your legendary gems to your Ancient Items giving you the DPS boost. I think a level 75 gem gives you a +500 boost to your character's core attributes or survival properties. You can literally get a 4000 boost to your main stats! That is just for level 75 gems. Imagine higher. Going to be a major gem suck though.

You can see what is going to be added/changed come patch 2.4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAlityci0UA

All of this is just to make your character/build much more stronger and survive so you can hit GR100+.

We need a second expansion!
waasnoday
waasnoday
  • Threads: 3
December 9th, 2015 at 9:21:05 AM permalink
Been thinking of checking out World of Warships and I do agree about the pay to play element of WoT. Been playing around on the tier 5 to 7s because they just seem more fun and I don't loose as much silver repairing and restocking. Wish they would change the matchmaker up a bit though.

Played GTA V on PS3 but transitioned to the PC. Don't mind driving and walking with the keyboard but definitely use the game pad for flying. Haven't got a jet yet but am saving my cash. Did break down and buy that little attack helicopter and that is a lot of fun to fly around in.
DMSCR
DMSCR
December 9th, 2015 at 9:28:57 AM permalink

For PC, I'm usually involved in League of Legends, World of Warships mostly. I had an EVE addiction for a long time, but have been inactive for quite some time.

LoL has a very tough and rough crowd. Very rude and cutthroat if you don't know what you are doing. I have NO idea. Ha ha. I downloaded the game loaded up to my comp. Saw a few youtube videos and was like.... this is not me. Uninstalled it.

Then played a bit of Heroes of the Storm which is like LoL for a weekend. Didn't hit the spot like D3 and StarCraft. Only did it for the pennant and portrait frame for my D3 toons.

Read about Eve. Sounds interesting but didn't get into it since D3 is addictive enough on its own.
Dodsferd
Dodsferd
  • Threads: 1
December 9th, 2015 at 2:53:02 PM permalink
Quote: DMSCR

The next recipe for Kanai's Cube come 2.4 is that you can augment your legendary gems to your Ancient Items giving you the DPS boost. I think a level 75 gem gives you a +500 boost to your character's core attributes or survival properties. You can literally get a 4000 boost to your main stats! That is just for level 75 gems. Imagine higher. Going to be a major gem suck though.

You can see what is going to be added/changed come patch 2.4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAlityci0UA

All of this is just to make your character/build much more stronger and survive so you can hit GR100+.

We need a second expansion!

My highest Grift currently is only around ~53. My Monk is easily the strongest character, but he's in need of a few upgrades like I've mentioned before. I know with some tricks like snapshotting, you can clear higher levels quite easily, but it's not something I've delved into yet.

The second expansion for D3, to my knowledge, will conclude the Diablo universe. Part of me is sad to hear that, as I absolutely love that universe that Blizzard has created. From Diablo 1 onwards, I've followed the story through the games and all the books.

In the end, I'm glad I've had so many years to experience the wonderful creation that Blizzard put together.

Quote: waasnoday

Been thinking of checking out World of Warships and I do agree about the pay to play element of WoT. Been playing around on the tier 5 to 7s because they just seem more fun and I don't loose as much silver repairing and restocking. Wish they would change the matchmaker up a bit though.

Played GTA V on PS3 but transitioned to the PC. Don't mind driving and walking with the keyboard but definitely use the game pad for flying. Haven't got a jet yet but am saving my cash. Did break down and buy that little attack helicopter and that is a lot of fun to fly around in.

WoWS is not pay-to-win at all, and that's something I love about it. I currently have ships in the 5-7 range as well. The price bump from T7 to T8 is a little steep. Ultimately, the ships just get larger, stronger, and have higher caliber weapons. The basis on how you play the game stays the same.

For GTA, I don't own a jet. I own a few high end cars, but any time I have the desire to fly, I have to steal the aircraft. Civilian planes are easy to get, but the military jet involves jumping the perimeter fence with my Bugatti, and hijacking a jet off the runway.

Quote: DMSCR

LoL has a very tough and rough crowd. Very rude and cutthroat if you don't know what you are doing. I have NO idea. Ha ha. I downloaded the game loaded up to my comp. Saw a few youtube videos and was like.... this is not me. Uninstalled it.

Then played a bit of Heroes of the Storm which is like LoL for a weekend. Didn't hit the spot like D3 and StarCraft. Only did it for the pennant and portrait frame for my D3 toons.

Read about Eve. Sounds interesting but didn't get into it since D3 is addictive enough on its own.

The competitive scene for LoL can be tumultuous. I've been a part of it for a long time, and you can find a lot of negative attitudes and behaviour in all ranks of the game, but more prevalence, in the lower ranks. The game itself is quite fun, and I love the style of play. It has a very easy to learn, difficult to master style of play, with additions of new champions to play on a regular basis.

Heroes of the Storm, to me, is terrible. I've played DotA, HoN, LoL, and HoS. They all had their merit in one way or another, but HoS is just not a variation I enjoy.

EVE is amazing, but very time consuming. I've spent literally days watching a station or a star gate, waiting for an opportunity to murder someone. It has a very elaborate universe with a large player base who all play on one server. Great game, but I don't have the time to dedicate to the game.
This feeling is heavy, makes my body ache and I'm ready; To fall into the sky and I see now, the reason why. My heart is heavy, takes me to a place I can't breathe. Only then I know why I see the warning sign.
waasnoday
waasnoday
  • Threads: 3
December 9th, 2015 at 4:32:37 PM permalink

WoWS is not pay-to-win at all, and that's something I love about it. I currently have ships in the 5-7 range as well. The price bump from T7 to T8 is a little steep. Ultimately, the ships just get larger, stronger, and have higher caliber weapons. The basis on how you play the game stays the same.

For GTA, I don't own a jet. I own a few high end cars, but any time I have the desire to fly, I have to steal the aircraft. Civilian planes are easy to get, but the military jet involves jumping the perimeter fence with my Bugatti, and hijacking a jet off the runway.

I will have to check WoWS out. Watched a few of the you tube videos and I liked what I saw. Glad to hear it is a more level playing field as far as pay to play goes. I have a feeling I will get my butt handed to me for the most part but that doesn't mean it won't be fun. Maybe I will see the Jingles one of these nights.

Ok I have to try that. Not a fan of bungee jumping but Bugatti jumping into a military airbase, well that sounds like way too much fun.

• Jump to: