mason2386
mason2386
  • Threads: 39
November 10th, 2015 at 8:02:16 PM permalink
When I am thanked, I am humbleled, reminded that I should feel proud of what I offered to my countrymen, rememder that I did it because I felt it was right and what I owed my country for the oppertunities it offered me, I become somewhat bashfull, and remember that many people that came before me to give me the oppertunity to give others the oppertunity to ensure this great country/experiment has a chance to continue to flourish. I feel that choosing to join a branch of our military is not a choice but a calling. We do it because we feel it is our calling and obligation. We do it because we love you.
aceofspades
aceofspades
  • Threads: 366
November 10th, 2015 at 8:13:36 PM permalink
Quote: waasnoday

To all who have served and all who are serving, I say Chi Miigwetch! (thank you in my native language).

+1
mason2386
mason2386
  • Threads: 39
November 10th, 2015 at 8:15:37 PM permalink
+1K. Thank you for what you sacrifice.
BlueEagle
BlueEagle
  • Threads: 5
November 10th, 2015 at 8:27:30 PM permalink
Thank you for your service, regardless of your reasons for joining or how you served.

Aliante is also offering a free buffet on Veteran's Day to all veterans and active duty personnel.

Great Clips also has an offer on Veteran's Day to benefit veterans:
• On Nov. 11 only, customers who stop in for a service at any Great Clips salon in the United States can receive a free haircut card to give to a veteran
• The free haircut cards are redeemable by all current and past members of the military including active, inactive, retired, disabled and reserve members from any branch. The free haircut cards are redeemable until Dec. 31, 2015
• In addition, veterans can come into any U.S. Great Clips salon on Nov. 11 and receive a free haircut that day or receive a free haircut card to be used before the end of the year.
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
November 10th, 2015 at 9:44:16 PM permalink
SouthPoint has a decent buffet for Veteran's and you also get a plus one free as well. Last year the High Roller was free with a plus one as well. Not sure about this year.
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 236
November 10th, 2015 at 10:55:53 PM permalink
Quote: mason2386

When I am thanked, I am humbleled, reminded that I should feel proud of what I offered to my countrymen, rememder that I did it because I felt it was right and what I owed my country for the oppertunities it offered me, I become somewhat bashfull, and remember that many people that came before me to give me the oppertunity to give others the oppertunity to ensure this great country/experiment has a chance to continue to flourish. I feel that choosing to join a branch of our military is not a choice but a calling. We do it because we feel it is our calling and obligation. We do it because we love you.

And for your service and sacrifice I am grateful. My freedom is not free, and I appreciate all who have served.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 83
November 11th, 2015 at 3:30:11 AM permalink
Just checked CET is offering free buffets as well. If you're a veteran I suggest Caesers as they have the best buffet by miles to every other property. Double check with CP though, since I found out about it at Paris.
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
1BB
1BB
  • Threads: 18
November 11th, 2015 at 2:03:38 PM permalink
Quote: Doc

I have no idea how today’s troops feel about it. I know that as servicemen returned home from fighting in Viet Nam, many were treated with extreme disrespect by people who had done nothing for their country but try to tear it down by protesting against its government. Many of those servicemen had great difficulty dealing with both their experiences overseas and the harsh reception at home – far different from the reception of returning servicemen after the previous two major wars. I think some of them never recovered, and a few words of belated thanks, even from those who know nothing about the experiences, couldn’t do much harm. Same, I expect, for saying thanks to those serving these forty-five years or so later.

Thank you for this post, Doc. You sum it up quite well.

Those of us who served "in country" came home quietly and got on with our lives. Most don't talk about it. My family has a long tradition of military service and I was proud to carry that on. By the way, my draft number was very high and there was zero chance that I would be called.

I can assure you that there were no cameras waiting for the Viet Nam vet's "surprise" homecoming. No vets showing up at the kids' school, no running onto the sports field at halftime and no thank you for your service.

Being spat upon sometimes gets mentioned. I have never witnessed that nor do I personally know anyone that had that misfortune and I traveled in uniform.

Everyone please take a moment to remember our POW/MIAs. Thanks.
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
Pinit2winit
Pinit2winit
  • Threads: 25
November 11th, 2015 at 2:08:40 PM permalink
Applebees, golden corral, chili's, outback and a few other chains all have free meals/ items. I've done this a few times but be prepared to wait in like for 1 hour +. Ide rate golden corral the best deal but this is my first veterans day I'm vegas. I'm trying aliante buffet today :)
-Mike (E-5 USAF 9 Years and counting)
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
  • Threads: 37
November 11th, 2015 at 2:35:23 PM permalink
Get some oysters, and some crab legs.
And thx!
Youuuuuu MIGHT be a 'rascal' if.......(nevermind ;-)...2F

• Jump to: