DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
July 28th, 2015 at 10:25:16 AM permalink
The rumor in Las Vegas is that MGM has come to an agreement to sell the Mirage. I hope this is true because it would be nice to have some more owners on the strip for competitive reasons.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 29
July 28th, 2015 at 10:59:55 AM permalink
Unless they're selling it to someone like Caesars. I agree it would be good to get different ownership in. I like the Mirage =/.
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
July 28th, 2015 at 11:02:26 AM permalink
Quote: Romes

Unless they're selling it to someone like Caesars. I agree it would be good to get different ownership in. I like the Mirage =/.

The rumors are the former Riviera owners are the buyers.
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 29
July 28th, 2015 at 11:48:20 AM permalink
Quote: Ibeatyouraces

The rumors are the former Riviera owners are the buyers.

This, for some reason, comes to mind:

Playing it correctly means you've already won.
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
  • Threads: 262
July 28th, 2015 at 6:09:35 PM permalink
OR.....

The Wiz is buying it.

He will live in the penthouse, let his hair and fingernails grow, surround himself with cult-ish fanatics, warm his newspapers in an oven to kill germs, get a Cirque Show with lots of unicycle acts, have an Alfred's Spotted Dick carving station in the buffet, AND install thousands of full-pay Video Poker machines everywhere.
There's emptiness behind their eyes There's dust in all their hearts They just want to steal us all and take us all apart
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
  • Threads: 262
July 29th, 2015 at 7:23:23 PM permalink
And here's a fun quote from a recent LVRJ article:

In an email Wednesday, MGM spokesman Clark Dumont said, "We do not comment on rumor and speculation based on 'multiple sources' that are unnamed, and 'press reports' that do not exist, to my/our knowledge."
There's emptiness behind their eyes There's dust in all their hearts They just want to steal us all and take us all apart
Greasyjohn
Greasyjohn
  • Threads: 135
July 29th, 2015 at 7:37:15 PM permalink
I remember a few years ago when somebody posted that the S 17 table was no longer there. little did they know they moved it down about six tables on the other side of the roulette wheel in front of the high limit room. never touched it again. counter trap. Anyone play their roulette wheel with a 1.33 negative expectation and 25 min bet?

There's a female dealer there I've known for 25 years. bout a year and a half ago she was in the high limit room when I went up to say hi. she was dealing to a guy single-0 playing $1000 to $2000 a hand I just stood there and didn't say anything after he lost about six hands in a row he turns to me and says I haven't won one hand since you've been standing there and I said yeah but you pushed one. I didn't say anything else. At the shuffle I talked I briefly to my friend and then left.
  • Jump to: