Pokeraddict
Pokeraddict
  • Threads: 36
June 1st, 2015 at 12:15:30 PM permalink
I was playing UTH last night at Plaza and felt like they were freerolling me with terrible rulings they were forced to make due to bad dealing. I finally left. My question is whether they are right and whether I should have brought gaming in.

I am playing the game with another person that never played 4x before the flop. I was playing mine properly. The dealer simply ignored this player and on several occasions exposed cards, either by showing the entire board before the other player could bet the flop, or by exposing his own cards. Each time this happened, I was already 4x in.

The house killed the entire hand each time this happened. I dealt with it the first time hoping it was one-off mistake. I groaned the second time, and the third time I immediately voiced how this was not a fair ruling and only the player that had not acted should have had his hand declared dead.

Shouldn't my hand be allowed to play? If not, this is a way that a house can freeroll you. You bet 4x with an advantage hand, they just expose cards and kill the hand. This isn't what Plaza was doing, but they took full advantage of dealer errors to kill my hand that was ahead. The house should not be able to profit from its mistakes, or am I making a big deal out of nothing?
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
June 1st, 2015 at 12:32:25 PM permalink
UTH must be amongst the worst games to have a lousy dealer. It often occurs to me just how much he could miss calling the showdown correctly.

If I ran into a lousy dealer I'd want to know if he was missing dealer straights before I complained about anything else. And naturally watch my own such with extra vigilance. A community board where the best kicker is actually in the community is another one for him to screw up

then there is the rules about what pushes etc.
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
Pokeraddict
Pokeraddict
June 1st, 2015 at 12:56:48 PM permalink
Quote: odiousgambit

UTH must be amongst the worst games to have a lousy dealer. It often occurs to me just how much he could miss calling the showdown correctly.

If I ran into a lousy dealer I'd want to know if he was missing dealer straights before I complained about anything else. And naturally watch my own such with extra vigilance. A community board where the best kicker is actually in the community is another one for him to screw up

then there is the rules about what pushes etc.

I never saw him make those mistakes, but a player that was all in made a straight and he tossed it aside and picked up the player's last chips. The guy already left the table when I showed them the error. They pulled his chips back but they didn't go look for him. They had his players card though so hopefully they will get him those chips.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
June 1st, 2015 at 12:57:11 PM permalink
Quote: Pokeraddict

I was playing UTH last night at Plaza and felt like they were freerolling me with terrible rulings they were forced to make due to bad dealing. I finally left. My question is whether they are right and whether I should have brought gaming in.

I am playing the game with another person that never played 4x before the flop. I was playing mine properly. The dealer simply ignored this player and on several occasions exposed cards, either by showing the entire board before the other player could bet the flop, or by exposing his own cards. Each time this happened, I was already 4x in.

The house killed the entire hand each time this happened. I dealt with it the first time hoping it was one-off mistake. I groaned the second time, and the third time I immediately voiced how this was not a fair ruling and only the player that had not acted should have had his hand declared dead.

Shouldn't my hand be allowed to play? If not, this is a way that a house can freeroll you. You bet 4x with an advantage hand, they just expose cards and kill the hand. This isn't what Plaza was doing, but they took full advantage of dealer errors to kill my hand that was ahead. The house should not be able to profit from its mistakes, or am I making a big deal out of nothing?

I think the house should have done 1 of two things rather than what they did to you. The exposure was not inadvertent; it was a question of timing, or the player was too slow, not sure which.

1. Make that player play his hands as if his decision was not to bet (whether that resulted in a lower bet for later or a fold) until he got with the program, or speak the hell up if he was considering betting. Not my favorite, and sure to get annoying fast, but fairer than what happened.

2. Make the dealer slow the hell down and check with each player, requiring some signal as to intention before moving to the next player. This is the professional way to deal that game IMO. If he gets a "hey, wait" from the player and still is exposing cards, the player is stuck not betting at that level.

The house should not have been killing the entire hand for 1 guys' slow play. Inadvertent exposure is a different story, and I've never seen that be anything other than a dead hand. But I'm not the PB anywhere, so who cares what I think? I surely do hope they weren't aiming at you, and I don't think they were, but I don't know.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
Pokeraddict
Pokeraddict
June 1st, 2015 at 2:13:58 PM permalink
This was sloppy dealing. I don't think there was any ill intent, I only take exception with how they resolved the errors by killing my hand when my action was already complete.

The other player wasn't being too slow. He would check preflop 100% of the time. The dealer would expose too many/wrong cards on the flop.
  • Jump to: