MaxPen
MaxPen
Joined: Feb 4, 2015
  • Threads: 13
  • Posts: 3634
April 5th, 2015 at 11:23:57 PM permalink
Somebody told me that the guy went up to the hostess and shot himself while being right next to other customers. I thought suicide was supposed to be a private matter. With the airline pilot in Europe and people jumping off bridges into traffic, why are these people suddenly involving others more often?

http://www.8newsnow.com/story/28725875/police-respond-to-possible-shooting-at-m-resort
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
  • Threads: 146
  • Posts: 18249
April 5th, 2015 at 11:30:14 PM permalink
Quote: MaxPen

Somebody told me that the guy went up to the hostess and shot himself while being right next to other customers. I thought suicide was supposed to be a private matter. With the airline pilot in Europe and people jumping off bridges into traffic, why are these people suddenly involving others more often?

http://www.8newsnow.com/story/28725875/police-respond-to-possible-shooting-at-m-resort

Not going to read it, it sounds horrible, I feel sorry for the hostess.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
Greasyjohn
Greasyjohn
Joined: Dec 8, 2013
  • Threads: 130
  • Posts: 2129
April 5th, 2015 at 11:56:26 PM permalink
Quote: MaxPen

Somebody told me that the guy went up to the hostess and shot himself while being right next to other customers. I thought suicide was supposed to be a private matter. With the airline pilot in Europe and people jumping off bridges into traffic, why are these people suddenly involving others more often?

http://www.8newsnow.com/story/28725875/police-respond-to-possible-shooting-at-m-resort



Suicide is a sad and lonely thing. I'm sure some people feel ashamed, humiliated, angry, without hope, without someone to talk to.

When the act finally comes it might be a compulsion. I don't think people that jump off buildings are thinking about the people below. They are irrational, scared, alone.

Some people want to die at a certain place. Some people walk around near death until that moment or that place allows them to make the irreversible decision.

Some people die alone, after much planning and care.

Some people think life and people are worthless, but in a twisted way don't want to die alone. They may think this way: We will all reach our end someday. I am miserable, so why wait for the inevitable. I'll make the decision for all of us today. Our worthless lives, going here, doing this or that. No, you will join me and we'll all drop every meaningless thing and contemplate our eternity together in these few moments as the plane is hurtling to earth.

In the case of the shooting at the M, I could see this man walking up to a pretty hostess, her carrying out her day, him in grief. He looks at her and their eyes meet. Two souls, one in her duties, the other masking his pain. He chose looking into her eyes and she looking back as his last comfort and human connection before he stood before the portal of dark uncertainty. It is not pleasant that she has to live with this memory. But if it happened as I related here, the profoundness is that he sought her hand to hold, her eyes and beauty to fill his consciousness to help him step forever from this life.

Does he think it fair that she has to live with this memory? He was probably hurting for a long time, looking at people that were unable or unwilling to see his pain. She bears the burden of a humanity that didn't bring balm to his sorrow.
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
Joined: Dec 29, 2013
  • Threads: 15
  • Posts: 2302
April 6th, 2015 at 1:13:20 PM permalink
There's an article in the rj today, too lazy to link it. Apparently he blamed it on M buffet employees. He won free buffet for life there back in 2010, then got 86'd 2-3 years later for making female employees there uncomfortable with unwanted advances. It's a pretty good buffet, but obviously some mental issues going on, sad. Fortunately he didn't choose to take any of the employees with him.
djatc
djatc
Joined: Jan 15, 2013
  • Threads: 83
  • Posts: 4477
April 6th, 2015 at 1:36:18 PM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

There's an article in the rj today, too lazy to link it. Apparently he blamed it on M buffet employees. He won free buffet for life there back in 2010, then got 86'd 2-3 years later for making female employees there uncomfortable with unwanted advances. It's a pretty good buffet, but obviously some mental issues going on, sad. Fortunately he didn't choose to take any of the employees with him.



I'm torn between 2 sides to the story. The guy could just have been very horrible with dealing with women, but the casino has every right to 86 someone if they are making employees and customers uncomfortable. Sometimes people just have no idea about their surroundings and impact they have on others. I'm pretty insensitive to a lot of stuff so sometimes I might make people mad or upset but that's just the way I was raised, what can you do?
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
EvenBob
EvenBob
Joined: Jul 18, 2010
  • Threads: 424
  • Posts: 24199
April 6th, 2015 at 2:10:46 PM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

He won free buffet for life there back in 2010, then got 86'd 2-3 years later for making female employees there uncomfortable with unwanted advances..



I've heard stories like this before. People
win lifetime supplies of something, you
name it, and a couple years later the company
finds some cheezy way to wiggle out of it.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
aceofspades
aceofspades
Joined: Apr 4, 2012
  • Threads: 366
  • Posts: 6506
April 6th, 2015 at 3:21:26 PM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

He won free buffet for life there back in 2010, then got 86'd 2-3 years later for making female employees there uncomfortable with unwanted advances.





Maybe they were flirting with him to increase their tips - which is perfectly acceptable for them to do but, once he decides to flirt back, he is a marked man. (See flirting)
Dicenor33
Dicenor33
Joined: Aug 28, 2013
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 624
April 6th, 2015 at 3:31:32 PM permalink
That 86 staff must stop immediately. Fair hearing is a fundamental right of every American. You should be given a chance to have your case being heard.
Greasyjohn
Greasyjohn
Joined: Dec 8, 2013
  • Threads: 130
  • Posts: 2129
April 6th, 2015 at 3:36:19 PM permalink
Quote: aceofspades

Maybe they were flirting with him to increase their tips - which is perfectly acceptable for them to do but, once he decides to flirt back, he is a marked man. (See flirting)



I've never eaten at that buffet at M. I heard it used to be the best in town. Then I heard its quality dropped. Then again, I've heard its still very good.

I am sorry for those who had to witness his tragedy, and I'm sure that more information regarding this loss will come to light.
DJTeddyBear
DJTeddyBear
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 178
  • Posts: 10251
April 6th, 2015 at 4:16:11 PM permalink
It's in today's Las Vegas Review Journal.
Quote: LV RJ, first paragraph

The day before he put a gun to his head and killed himself at an M Resort buffet on Easter Sunday, a Las Vegas man filled a box with his complaints against the resort and its employees and mailed it to the Las Vegas Review-Journal.


Full story:
http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/las-vegas/suicide-m-resort-blamed-loss-free-buffet-life
Superstitions are silly, childish, irrational rituals, born out of fear of the unknown. But how much does it cost to knock on wood? 😁

  • Jump to: