djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 83
February 28th, 2015 at 7:44:13 PM permalink
Anyone have any tips for quick cheap international bank transfers? I am currently trying to find a solution for getting money to and from Japan. I currently have a Chase account but have no clue on the best way to do it.
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
rudeboyoi
rudeboyoi
  • Threads: 27
February 28th, 2015 at 7:53:52 PM permalink
Bitcoin maybe?
BoulderDamIt
BoulderDamIt
  • Threads: 0
February 28th, 2015 at 8:29:32 PM permalink
Quote: djatc

Anyone have any tips for quick cheap international bank transfers? I am currently trying to find a solution for getting money to and from Japan. I currently have a Chase account but have no clue on the best way to do it.

Some Chase accounts have free International Transfers. It depends on the type of rewards system you're signed up with. I'd check with your bank first to see what they offer. How much money are we talking? If the transfer fees on a standard account come close to the sign up cost of a rewards account, it may be best to sign up for the rewards and accept all the additional benefits.
djatc
djatc
March 1st, 2015 at 1:12:27 PM permalink
Quote: rudeboyoi

Bitcoin maybe?

I'm dealing with family who don't know how bit coin works let alone PayPal......
djatc
djatc
March 1st, 2015 at 1:21:03 PM permalink
Quote: BoulderDamIt

Some Chase accounts have free International Transfers. It depends on the type of rewards system you're signed up with. I'd check with your bank first to see what they offer. How much money are we talking? If the transfer fees on a standard account come close to the sign up cost of a rewards account, it may be best to sign up for the rewards and accept all the additional benefits.

I do have a chase account and get charged $15 per transaction which seems legit seeing as its only a small percentage of funds transfered. I just prefer to find a free or cheaper option if they are available.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
March 1st, 2015 at 9:32:54 PM permalink
Quote: djatc

I do have a chase account and get charged $15 per transaction which seems legit seeing as its only a small percentage of funds transfered. I just prefer to find a free or cheaper option if they are available.

Check out offerings from Wells Fargo.
  • Jump to: