Baccaratfrom79
Baccaratfrom79
  • Threads: 58
February 11th, 2015 at 6:29:32 AM permalink
I read some other threads on here and can't seem to find it right now. Not too long ago there was one with a member referencing the Western Union Card. I too have that and that one appears to have been switched and now under the management of 'Net One' which is okay, not great. All the cards I know have limits for ATM which are generally $400, $500 and one or two at $1,000.00 per 24 hours. Most do not work at cash advance, like banks and check cashing places. Even some cards from banks are limited at ATM to low limits per day. Anyways I have to recommend the Emerald Card by HR Block. It just came out not too long ago and it has great limits!!!

7 ATM transactions per 24 hours for a limit of $3,000.00.
Cash advance capability up to $9,999.99 at any bank doing cash advances. Fee $25 or $35. Hell, it costs $20 or $25 for me to bank wire cash anyways!
Cash advance capability at check cashing and small financial service places.
$2.50 ATM fee which is cheaper than some of my bank cards, some of my bank cards are more than that. Money Pass ATM's and All Point ATM's are no owner/location charge also.

I really do believe this is the highest debit card advances I have ever seen, and I do use numerous ones with my business also. Just FYI.
Bac79=Hazardous Material and Chemical person correcting other's mistakes. Non AP'er, I can't count cards, low intelligence. Sprinkles magical dust on the cards. Has a lucky monkey. Baby also has a green one. Sum it up: "It's okay just blame me, it's all my fault"! ( No one believes me--so I chose to stop posting)
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
  • Threads: 16
March 13th, 2015 at 8:41:21 AM permalink
I'm shopping around for exactly this sort of thing right now...

Is the "Emerald Card" you suggest their prepaid MasterCard, or is there a different offering of similar name?
May the cards fall in your favor.
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
  • Threads: 16
March 14th, 2015 at 11:37:31 AM permalink
I didn't like the look of the fees on the Emerald Card. Great limits, however, and I can see that it's got potential for certain uses.

While I'm not endorsing anything, Ally bank is offering a debit card with $1000 ATM / $5000 POS limits. It seems to take about a week to get the account set up, and probably another week to get the card.

All the brick and mortar banks and credit unions I've talked to seem to want at most a $500 ATM daily limit. When I complained to my credit union, they said there was absolutely no way they'd do an ATM increase (although a one day POS increase was OK, to facilitate large purchases), but they were happy to open another account for me (for a ridiculously low deposit and $5/year card fee), which would effectively double the limit.

edit: no idea why the link is broken.

fixed.
May the cards fall in your favor.
  • Jump to: