Thread Rating:

Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
December 29th, 2014 at 4:00:18 PM permalink
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/12/29/obama-veto_n_6389408.html

Yes, it is his right to veto everything. So we have 2 more years of nothing happening, which is great for those of us work and pay taxes. This means:

No tax increases (Changes to taxation polices that punish those who work hard and succeed will stay the same)
No increases in Government regulation (sure less is more, but at least we can stay the same)
Plenty of court challenges(You know, to those who believe criminals who broke the law should be able to stay here)
More stupid comments about how white people don't understand how racist it is when white people ask a TALL black lady NOT IN RED to grab something from the top shelf at Target.
You know the rest, but feel free to add your own.

This guy will go down in history as setting race relations back 50 years.

Meanwhile many smart Americans will go on making money in spite of liberal polices and beliefs that hard work doesn't pay off and we are just not smart enough to make it without government help. And those who find every excuse in the book to be poor will still not sign up for $100 a month insurance that taxpayers subsidize, will still go the ER and NOT pay the bill, will still have bad credit and will still laugh at bill collectors.

And then they will line up like the stupid sheep they are, will vote for Hillary in 16 because she is "making history" and will "take care of us" and we will be in the same situation. The only question is if the GOP will hold the Senate or not in 16. Either way the GOP will have enough members in the house to stop anything she tries and we will be back in the same place.

And again somehow I think many of us on this forum will be fine because we are smart enough to take care of ourselves.
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
December 29th, 2014 at 4:32:31 PM permalink
It is up to the Republicans to seize the day or lose it...present sensible legislation that helps to fix things that the people see as issues that need resolved. If they get sidetracked, they will doom themselves moving forward. Take an issue, present a bill that will help it, publicize it widely, and let him do what he wishes...and keep doing that.

If he signs the legislation or works to compromise (which he repeatedly has refused to even understand the meaning of...compromise isn't do it my way or don't do it at all, it is a more delicate process), he may indeed gain points for his side. From my point of view, I don't care if that happens and the Dems gain points--the objective is to make opportunities for Americans better, not to maintain control of political offices while ignoring the people.

What we don't need are huge attempts to fix everything at once that no one has a chance to read--we've done that and it is a sorry way to govern...in the dark, at night, without transparency.

We'll see what happens...I am pretty convinced that Boehner is in over his head just as much as the President is...as were both Pelosi and Reid...
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
December 29th, 2014 at 5:09:52 PM permalink
Quote: RonC

It is up to the Republicans to seize the day or lose it...present sensible legislation that helps to fix things that the people see as issues that need resolved. If they get sidetracked, they will doom themselves moving forward. Take an issue, present a bill that will help it, publicize it widely, and let him do what he wishes...and keep doing that.

He will veto even anything sensible. It is not just that he does not know how to compromise. He thinks the GOP is the enemy more than ISIS, Putin, Iran, or anything else. He is the kind of guy who hates sharing oxygen with the other side.

Hopefully it means 2 years of no new legislation, the best thing that can happen.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
December 29th, 2014 at 7:09:41 PM permalink
Too late to reap respect the veto brings as a lame duck. Four years too late lets face it. I've always thought Boner beats him golfing and he signs everything to settle bets.
I am a robot.
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
December 30th, 2014 at 3:05:09 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

He will veto even anything sensible. It is not just that he does not know how to compromise. He thinks the GOP is the enemy more than ISIS, Putin, Iran, or anything else. He is the kind of guy who hates sharing oxygen with the other side.

He may well be but, if he is, it has not been driven home to the people. Republicans need to drive that point home every time he refuses to work on issues instead of allowing him to get away with it. Tell the people what you want to do, why, and what he wants to do...force the issue...without being nasty like he tends to be.

Quote: AZDuffman

Hopefully it means 2 years of no new legislation, the best thing that can happen.

Not really--there are real issues that need to be resolved on the practical side; on the political, if the Republicans keep doing more of the same by allowing the Democrats to set the tone, they are hurting themselves.

The fact that Reid blocked so many votes should be much more widely known...
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
December 30th, 2014 at 3:23:08 AM permalink
Quote: RonC

Not really--there are real issues that need to be resolved on the practical side; on the political, if the Republicans keep doing more of the same by allowing the Democrats to set the tone, they are hurting themselves.

Not as many as people think and when there are they could be solved with a 10 page bill and not all the "omnibus" or "comprehensive" bills we have gotten these past 30+ years. Somewhere it got in our heads that "governing" means "passing laws" and the more bills passed the more "productive" the POTUS and Congress have been. I don't want my Congressman and Senator "passing bills," I wnat them there helping their voters clear the mess they and previous congresses have made.

If I were POTUS there would probably be more vetoes than all previous POTUSes combined. The bills would be shortest in 100 years. 1,000 pages? The Constitution was 3, go back and see if you can winnow it down, guys!

Quote:

The fact that Reid blocked so many votes should be much more widely known...

Even if it was, it would not matter. Those in the Obama cult-of-personality will listen to whatever he says. Those of us outside it already know.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
  • Jump to: