Greasyjohn
Greasyjohn
Joined: Dec 8, 2013
  • Threads: 134
  • Posts: 2174
November 1st, 2014 at 10:04:21 PM permalink
Fill in the blank: Vegas Vic, River Rick, _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _   _ _ _ _.
waltomeal
waltomeal
Joined: May 26, 2010
  • Threads: 7
  • Posts: 140
November 1st, 2014 at 10:25:04 PM permalink
Wendover Will?
Old enough to repaint. Young enough to sell.
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
  • Threads: 152
  • Posts: 20077
November 1st, 2014 at 10:32:06 PM permalink
Quote: Greasyjohn

Fill in the blank: Vegas Vic, River Rick, _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _. (There is a gap between the first 8 and last 4 underscores.)



wendover will
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
Buzzard
Buzzard
Joined: Oct 28, 2012
  • Threads: 90
  • Posts: 6814
November 1st, 2014 at 11:02:30 PM permalink
When Vegas Vic got married in 1994, what was his wife's name ? Bonus points if you know her maiden name !

No idea how to post a spoiler, or I would.
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
Greasyjohn
Greasyjohn
Joined: Dec 8, 2013
  • Threads: 134
  • Posts: 2174
November 2nd, 2014 at 2:22:18 AM permalink
Quote: Buzzard

When Vegas Vic got married in 1994, what was his wife's name ? Bonus points if you know her maiden name !

No idea how to post a spoiler, or I would.



(Buzzard, go to Help, then formatting codes, then scroll down to miscellaneous.)


His wife's name was Vegas Vicki. Her maiden name was Sassy Sally.



On the corner of Stewart Ave. and Casino Center Blvd. there was a statue of what, and where does it reside today?

What two tragic events occurred, one on Rancho Rd. and the other just off Rancho Rd. In Las Vegas?

If you visited the site of Oscar's Steakhouse 40 years ago you wouldn't be eating, you'd be.....?
pokerface
pokerface
Joined: May 9, 2010
  • Threads: 12
  • Posts: 514
November 2nd, 2014 at 5:41:06 AM permalink
Quote: Greasyjohn

(There is a gap between the first 8 and last 4 underscores.)


Where is the gap, I can't see it.
winning streaks come and go, losing streak never ends.
Greasyjohn
Greasyjohn
Joined: Dec 8, 2013
  • Threads: 134
  • Posts: 2174
November 2nd, 2014 at 8:24:15 AM permalink
Quote: pokerface

Where is the gap, I can't see it.



That's why I wrote that there was a gap. For some reason, no matter how many spaces I placed between the 8th and 9th underscores, there was no space when the post was previewed.
wudged
wudged
Joined: Aug 7, 2013
  • Threads: 2
  • Posts: 998
November 2nd, 2014 at 8:40:20 AM permalink
Quote: Greasyjohn

That's why I wrote that there was a gap. For some reason, no matter how many spaces I placed between the 8th and 9th underscores, there was no space when the post was saved.


In HTML, all white space (spaces, returns, tabs) get compressed into a single space when displayed on the screen. If you put " " (without the quotes) it will indicate a non-breaking space, and will not be compressed. You can put it multiple times to add a bunch of spaces: _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _       _ _ _ _
Greasyjohn
Greasyjohn
Joined: Dec 8, 2013
  • Threads: 134
  • Posts: 2174
November 2nd, 2014 at 9:06:46 AM permalink
Quote: wudged

In HTML, all white space (spaces, returns, tabs) get compressed into a single space when displayed on the screen. If you put " " (without the quotes) it will indicate a non-breaking space, and will not be compressed. You can put it multiple times to add a bunch of spaces: _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _       _ _ _ _



Thanks, wudged. I just corrected my OP.


How weird. You'll notice that your quote in this post did not include the &nbsp.
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
Joined: Nov 17, 2009
  • Threads: 236
  • Posts: 6763
November 3rd, 2014 at 3:15:31 PM permalink
Quote: Greasyjohn

On the corner of Stewart Ave. and Casino Center Blvd. there was a statue of what, and where does it reside today?



A statue of Benny Binion on horseback?, it is at South Point now.]



Quote: Greasyjohn

If you visited the site of Oscar's Steakhouse 40 years ago you wouldn't be eating, you'd be.....?

Playing slots? I recall reading somehwhere that it was all slots before they put the restaurant in for the filiming of the movie "Casino"
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci

  • Jump to: