kewlj
kewlj
  • Threads: 216
October 27th, 2014 at 9:54:17 AM permalink
The life is beautiful festival was held this weekend. What a mess both downtown and at my home this created. I was downtown Saturday and the crowds were just unbearable for me. Parking was also a nightmare, with normal downtown parking rates skyrocking to $25 or more. Lol.

At home this was problematic because I had 4 friends from Philadelphia in town for the festival. They are staying for 10 days, as I have another personal type celebration occurring next weekend. My brother also had 6 friends from Florida in town for the festival. Thankfully they are leaving tomorrow. Lol

I am an early-riser. That is sort of my private time as it takes my partner a while to get going in the morning. He has a medication procedure, taking certain meds at different times etc, before he gets going. My brother and other roommate are night owls and late risers, so as I said, that hour or two in the early AM is kind of my private time. This morning as I was stepping over barely out of college aged kids in sleeping bags in my living room, it just didn't feel like "My own private time". LOL
1BB
1BB
  • Threads: 18
October 27th, 2014 at 9:57:59 AM permalink
I hope they they all appreciated your generosity.
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
October 27th, 2014 at 10:01:50 AM permalink
You are much nicer than I am.

I don't mind having house guests on rare occasions as long as they fit in the spare bedrooms and don't expect to stay more than 3 nights.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
kewlj
kewlj
October 27th, 2014 at 10:20:38 AM permalink
Quote: DRich

You are much nicer than I am.

I don't mind having house guests on rare occasions as long as they fit in the spare bedrooms and don't expect to stay more than 3 nights.

Oh it's kind of nice having friends and family over. Sundays, I spend lounging around the backyard and pool (actually there isn't a whole lot of backyard) while watching football outside and hoping it will be someone else that does the barbequing. Yesterday was just a few more people. :) I complain (in jest) but life is beautiful for me and not just this one weekend. :)
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
October 27th, 2014 at 4:14:49 PM permalink
Isn't this a Gay thing DT?
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
October 27th, 2014 at 4:31:56 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Isn't this a Gay thing DT?

What, the festival or him letting people stay in his house?

"No" as to both.

The festival is for the young, so no wonder you know nothing about it; you seem not to care a wit for modern pop music and pop culture; think "i heart."

As for letting people sleep in your living room: not "gay," just "generous."
"What, me worry?"
EvenBob
EvenBob
October 27th, 2014 at 4:41:15 PM permalink
Quote: MrV

"No" as to both.
"

Odd that it's listed on the Gay Las Vegas site then.

http://lasvegas.gaycities.com/events/380961-life-is-beautiful-festival-2014
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
October 27th, 2014 at 5:28:20 PM permalink
Guests are like fish,

after 3 days they both stink
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
October 27th, 2014 at 6:58:08 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Odd that it's listed on the Gay Las Vegas site then.

http://lasvegas.gaycities.com/events/380961-life-is-beautiful-festival-2014

No, it isn't "odd" at all.

No doubt pop music and everybody trying to get along appeals to many gays.

This seems akin to Burning Man, another event I suspect you'd consider "gay."

"Liberal," yes; "Gay," no.
"What, me worry?"
EvenBob
EvenBob
October 27th, 2014 at 11:53:23 PM permalink
Quote: MrV

No, it isn't "odd" at all.

My point exactly. Things listed under
Gay Events In Vegas are not Gay
at all. *facepalm*
kewlj
kewlj
October 28th, 2014 at 12:17:57 AM permalink
Life is beautiful is a music event Bob, not a gay event. It is a big event in Las Vegas which is why I posted about it on this a Vegas site. I guess you are just assuming that everything I say or do has some sort of gay connection. Thanks for that. Why are you even(bob) looking at the gay events site?
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
October 28th, 2014 at 1:56:51 AM permalink
Quote: kewlj

Life is beautiful is a music event Bob, not a gay event. It is a big event in Las Vegas which is why I posted about it on this a Vegas site. I guess you are just assuming that everything I say or do has some sort of gay connection. Thanks for that. Why are you even(bob) looking at the gay events site?

If EB doesn't have fresh sources of info coming in daily, he might run out of things to complain about.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
October 28th, 2014 at 6:31:25 AM permalink
Well, you knew the situation going in to it.

As for house guests remember the old bartenders trick: soapy water wash, no real rinse...add booze ...it hits the stomach, the patron leaves.

When its floor to rafters with sleeping bags and blondes that can't seem to find their way back to the correct sleeping bag, relax ... just set out all the new tooth brushes that you have, list where everything is (seven eleven, McDonalds, etc) then leave and hope the place is still standing when you get back.
  • Jump to: