painlesswon
painlesswon
  • Threads: 6
September 21st, 2014 at 7:27:10 PM permalink
While playing UTH with a friend recently, I was dealt A/7 unsuited. She wasn't keen on raising 4x. I commented to her you might as well not play this game if you don't 4x any Ace, and I went on to say that not raising A/7 unsuited would be as bad a play (EV ) as not doubling a players 11 against a dealer 8 in blackjack. Was my "off the cuff " comparison between these two plays " in the ballpark"? If not, what is a reasonable comparison?
miplet
miplet
  • Threads: 5
September 21st, 2014 at 11:47:49 PM permalink
Quote: painlesswon

While playing UTH with a friend recently, I was dealt A/7 unsuited. She wasn't keen on raising 4x. I commented to her you might as well not play this game if you don't 4x any Ace, and I went on to say that not raising A/7 unsuited would be as bad a play (EV ) as not doubling a players 11 against a dealer 8 in blackjack. Was my "off the cuff " comparison between these two plays " in the ballpark"? If not, what is a reasonable comparison?

This post lists all the 4X plays. A quick check looks like 11 vs 5 is a better comparison.
“Man Babes” #AxelFabulous
Paigowdan
Paigowdan
  • Threads: 115
September 21st, 2014 at 11:56:45 PM permalink
I can tell you, it can be rough, - but you have to do it.

Tonight, after going to the Fiesta Henderson to see The Drop, I sat down to play some green action UTH.
How it went:
1. Hand J10 of diamonds. 4x raise; lost to a pair of deuces.
2. QJ of Hearts. 4x raise. end up with an ace high hand, dealer had 10's.
3. K-7. 4x raise. Paired kings, lost to dealer's aces.
4. A-x. 4x raise. Ended up ace high, lost to trips.
Gone in a flash. Punished for doing the right thing. Went home instead of going to the ATM again.
Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes - Henry David Thoreau. Like Dealers' uniforms - Dan.
  • Jump to: