TropicalElectri
TropicalElectri
  • Threads: 4
August 15th, 2014 at 3:25:43 PM permalink
I know this is off topic but I thought some of you wise gamblers would know something about the Iraqi Dinar.
I am a property manager for a wealthy family in florida. I have also been to Vegas, the boss bought a house down in Southern Highlands, that is how i came to the Wizard's sites. I worked on that house on and off last year and stayed at Southpoint I figured I better learn about gambling! I was able to use the tools I learned here to not lose too much by playing VP at Southpoint, some nights I even made a few bucks.
Recently, i received an offer to buy one of the bosses properties in Florida. The buyer is a very pleasant gentleman and he is very excited cor the deal to close, the only hold up is that he is wati g for his money to clear from the middle east. He said something about an exchange rate issue and Iraq.
At first it all made sense but now I am growing skeptical.
Should I be concerned??
One Day at a Time
Gandler
Gandler
  • Threads: 35
August 15th, 2014 at 3:38:47 PM permalink
Quote: TropicalElectri

I know this is off topic but I thought some of you wise gamblers would know something about the Iraqi Dinar.
I am a property manager for a wealthy family in florida. I have also been to Vegas, the boss bought a house down in Southern Highlands, that is how i came to the Wizard's sites. I worked on that house on and off last year and stayed at Southpoint I figured I better learn about gambling! I was able to use the tools I learned here to not lose too much by playing VP at Southpoint, some nights I even made a few bucks.
Recently, i received an offer to buy one of the bosses properties in Florida. The buyer is a very pleasant gentleman and he is very excited cor the deal to close, the only hold up is that he is wati g for his money to clear from the middle east. He said something about an exchange rate issue and Iraq.
At first it all made sense but now I am growing skeptical.
Should I be concerned??

ISIS took over/robbed several banks in IRAQ (including some major ones) within the last month. I don't know if that could be related, but it seems like that could possibly be his issue.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/iraq/10899995/ISIS-half-a-billion-dollar-bank-heist-makes-it-worlds-richest-terror-group.html
TropicalElectri
TropicalElectri
August 15th, 2014 at 3:47:07 PM permalink
This story started out making perfect sense but then he told me to watch the news back at the end of June. He stated then that the US would ask Maliki to step down. Then the world bank would re value the dinar. Once that happened. He would be able to move bis money over and close the deal.
Since then I have heard others discuss the issue. It seems like an internet scam or a valid investment ?
One Day at a Time
Gandler
Gandler
August 15th, 2014 at 3:54:20 PM permalink

This story started out making perfect sense but then he told me to watch the news back at the end of June. He stated then that the US would ask Maliki to step down. Then the world bank would re value the dinar. Once that happened. He would be able to move bis money over and close the deal.
Since then I have heard others discuss the issue. It seems like an internet scam or a valid investment ?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/johnwasik/2013/09/06/inside-the-dubious-dinar-revaluation-ruse/2/

I just did a quick search (I have never heard of that before). But you may want to read that Forbes article called "Dinar Ruse" granted it was published last Sept. before the issues with ISIS so the current situtation may be different (I can't say one way or the other). But I agree it does sound sketchy.
TropicalElectri
TropicalElectri
August 15th, 2014 at 4:41:17 PM permalink
Wow , thank you!! I had done quick searches on my iphone. But was only coming up with shetchy info either trying to sell dinar or to join class action suits if you had bought dinar!!
The forbes article seemed to make the most sense.
I live in Naples Florida , the property we are selling is an airplane hanger listed for 3 million. I suspect the buyer maybe a victim of all the hype. On the other hand, the currency will be revalued some day. Maybe this will all work out.
Thanks for your help.
I guess currency speculation really is just another form of gambling.
Btw this fellow is not a speculator, he says that his company sold some technical components that have improved the infrastructure in Iraq but they were paid in Dinar.
It will be interesting to see how it works out.
One Day at a Time
Gandler
Gandler
August 15th, 2014 at 4:59:50 PM permalink

Wow , thank you!! I had done quick searches on my iphone. But was only coming up with shetchy info either trying to sell dinar or to join class action suits if you had bought dinar!!
The forbes article seemed to make the most sense.
I live in Naples Florida , the property we are selling is an airplane hanger listed for 3 million. I suspect the buyer maybe a victim of all the hype. On the other hand, the currency will be revalued some day. Maybe this will all work out.
Thanks for your help.
I guess currency speculation really is just another form of gambling.
Btw this fellow is not a speculator, he says that his company sold some technical components that have improved the infrastructure in Iraq but they were paid in Dinar.
It will be interesting to see how it works out.

Best of luck! I guess its possible the valuation can turn out as positive as all of the speculators suspect and then he will be really well off!
  • Jump to: