debitncredit
debitncredit
Joined: Jul 4, 2012
  • Threads: 53
  • Posts: 156
May 15th, 2014 at 2:05:02 PM permalink
I've been wanting to visit Vegas and meet some of you. It looks like the G2E is at the end of September/Early October and there seems to be a get together that weekend every year. I also saw the Spring Fling get together, which I wish I had known earlier.

Any other weekends WoV people regularly get together during the year?
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
Joined: Jan 5, 2012
  • Threads: 67
  • Posts: 4299
May 15th, 2014 at 2:36:29 PM permalink
Quote: debitncredit

I've been wanting to visit Vegas and meet some of you. It looks like the G2E is at the end of September/Early October and there seems to be a get together that weekend every year. I also saw the Spring Fling get together, which I wish I had known earlier.

Any other weekends WoV people regularly get together during the year?


They are all planned well in advance, but there is no "set date" for annual (or more frequent) meet ups. Your best bet is to hang around here and wait until the next one gets planned for next spring.

There is usually a get together at G2E as well, since many forum members are in the industry and are there for the convention. I have never been at that meet up, but I would guess it leans more toward the game inventors and casino staff portion of the forum membership. Whereas the standard spring meetup is more of the recreational gamblers and hobbyist APs. The serious APs that hang out here usually stay away from the gatherings, for obvious reasons.
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
DJTeddyBear
DJTeddyBear
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 191
  • Posts: 10551
May 15th, 2014 at 3:49:37 PM permalink
Quote: debitncredit

It looks like the G2E is at the end of September/Early October and there seems to be a get together that weekend every year.

Actually, we meet during the expo, on the expo floor. Sometimes we cruise the expo together, other times, we just keep bumping into each other.

But we also typically meet for dinner one night DURING the expo.

Note that even if you're not in the industry, it's easy to get free passes to the expo, and it's pretty fun and interesting. And, to a certain extent, it DOES scratch the gamble itch.


For the last three years, we met for dinner on Wednesday, and then went to a casino together.

Good times.
I invented a few casino games. Info: http://www.DaveMillerGaming.com/ 覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧 Superstitions are silly, childish, irrational rituals, born out of fear of the unknown. But how much does it cost to knock on wood? 😁
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
  • Threads: 151
  • Posts: 20045
May 15th, 2014 at 4:37:09 PM permalink
Quote: debitncredit

I've been wanting to visit Vegas and meet some of you. It looks like the G2E is at the end of September/Early October and there seems to be a get together that weekend every year. I also saw the Spring Fling get together, which I wish I had known earlier.

Any other weekends WoV people regularly get together during the year?

Meet ups are for Bovada sign up and depositors only.... J/K. But its a good idea.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
teddys
teddys
Joined: Nov 14, 2009
  • Threads: 150
  • Posts: 5450
May 15th, 2014 at 7:42:29 PM permalink
Quote: DJTeddyBear

Actually, we meet during the expo, on the expo floor. Sometimes we cruise the expo together, other times, we just keep bumping into each other.

But we also typically meet for dinner one night DURING the expo.

Note that even if you're not in the industry, it's easy to get free passes to the expo, and it's pretty fun and interesting. And, to a certain extent, it DOES scratch the gamble itch.


For the last three years, we met for dinner on Wednesday, and then went to a casino together.

Good times.

I agree. G2E is one of the funnest trade shows I've ever been to.

Much better than the Southeast Dialysis Supply show.
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
MrV
MrV
Joined: Feb 13, 2010
  • Threads: 329
  • Posts: 7274
May 15th, 2014 at 8:00:33 PM permalink
Quote: teddys

I agree. G2E is one of the funnest trade shows I've ever been to.

Much better than the Southeast Dialysis Supply show.



Really?

You gotta be kidney!
"What, me worry?"
Buzzard
Buzzard
Joined: Oct 28, 2012
  • Threads: 90
  • Posts: 6814
May 15th, 2014 at 9:37:13 PM permalink
Last trade show I went to was International Harvester. I left when I found out they would not stand behind the equipment I wanted to buy. A manure spreader !
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
Joined: Aug 8, 2010
  • Threads: 112
  • Posts: 8298
May 16th, 2014 at 3:43:31 AM permalink
Quote: debitncredit

I've been wanting to visit Vegas and meet some of you. It looks like the G2E is at the end of September/Early October and there seems to be a get together that weekend every year. I also saw the Spring Fling get together, which I wish I had known earlier.

Any other weekends WoV people regularly get together during the year?



There seem to be the two main ones, both in Vegas. One that corresponds with the G2E thing, and another in the spring. We just had the spring one with a dozen or so attendees. Two years ago there was an extra one in October that corresponded with the final weigh in for the HotBlonde Challenge. Three years ago I met a dozen or so members in conjunction with the WoV Triathlon, set up specifically for my son. There was recently a meet up in the Pittsburgh area. The next meet up, will be this June 7 and 8, in the Niagara Falls area. If you are interested there is a thread I'll bump so you can look at it.

  • Jump to: