Neutrino
Neutrino
Joined: Feb 20, 2014
  • Threads: 84
  • Posts: 515
April 18th, 2014 at 12:28:31 PM permalink
I'm mostly concerned about a few buffet coupons I've got that are about to expire. But while we're at it do they generally honor expired play coupons as well?

I've heard rumors about they generally don't care about the expiration date on coupons. I'm asking here to double check.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
Joined: Oct 19, 2009
  • Threads: 265
  • Posts: 14422
April 18th, 2014 at 12:34:57 PM permalink
No idea. Some of those coupons are printed in the local paper. Some are from mailers and barcoded so even the computer knows when they expire. Depends just what coupon you mean probably.

Most places are more concerned about delaying the line than making any sort of fuss, but all I can say is good luck.
tongni
tongni
Joined: Feb 27, 2013
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 202
April 18th, 2014 at 5:53:44 PM permalink
Can this guy be restricted from starting threads? I like this forum but seems like he posts every single thought that comes into his head as a poorly worded question with no censure. How about one thread per week? In this case, he could have just called the casino.
1BB
1BB
Joined: Oct 10, 2011
  • Threads: 18
  • Posts: 5339
April 18th, 2014 at 6:09:22 PM permalink
Quote: tongni

Can this guy be restricted from starting threads? I like this forum but seems like he posts every single thought that comes into his head as a poorly worded question with no censure. How about one thread per week? In this case, he could have just called the casino.



He can start all the threads he wants as far as I'm concerned. I don't mind a bit.
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
Dracula
Dracula
Joined: Apr 14, 2014
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 68
April 18th, 2014 at 6:17:31 PM permalink
Quote: tongni

Can this guy be restricted from starting threads? I like this forum but seems like he posts every single thought that comes into his head as a poorly worded question with no censure. How about one thread per week? In this case, he could have just called the casino.




Lol. I dunno, but if he keeps posting "his thoughts on ____" , he will be pretty easy to read at the tables
Neutrino
Neutrino
Joined: Feb 20, 2014
  • Threads: 84
  • Posts: 515
April 18th, 2014 at 6:28:30 PM permalink
Quote: Dracula

Lol. I dunno, but if he keeps posting "his thoughts on ____" , he will be pretty easy to read at the tables



lol!!!
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
Joined: Mar 11, 2010
  • Threads: 80
  • Posts: 7045
April 18th, 2014 at 6:55:10 PM permalink
Quote: Neutrino

I'm mostly concerned about a few buffet coupons I've got that are about to expire. But while we're at it do they generally honor expired play coupons as well?

I've heard rumors about they generally don't care about the expiration date on coupons. I'm asking here to double check.



I've never had luck with expired coupons, or with pre-term coupons for that matter. I suppose it's like spotting bad dealers - some club workers either don't look or don't care. But mostly the rules are followed.
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
tringlomane
tringlomane
Joined: Aug 25, 2012
  • Threads: 8
  • Posts: 6256
April 18th, 2014 at 7:17:40 PM permalink
Quote: 1BB

He can start all the threads he wants as far as I'm concerned. I don't mind a bit.



If you block a person, do the threads they start not appear at all?

I have yet to block anyone, so I wouldn't know.

No idea on the expired coupon thing either; never tried.
tringlomane
tringlomane
Joined: Aug 25, 2012
  • Threads: 8
  • Posts: 6256
April 18th, 2014 at 7:18:31 PM permalink
duplicate
AxiomOfChoice
AxiomOfChoice
Joined: Sep 12, 2012
  • Threads: 32
  • Posts: 5761
April 18th, 2014 at 7:23:11 PM permalink
Quote: tringlomane

If you block a person, do the threads they start not appear at all?

I have yet to block anyone, so I wouldn't know.

No idea on the expired coupon thing either; never tried.



Nope, unfortunately the threads still show up. Worse, if a blocked person posts to a thread, the thread still gets bolded and shows up in the recent threads list (that 2nd part is a bug, IMO -- if the only new activity on a thread is by blocked users, it should not appear as having new messages)

I don't have too many people blocked but there are a few here who just insist on pissing all over everything, so having a couple of people blocked really makes the forum a lot better IMO.

  • Jump to: