100xOdds
100xOdds
  • Threads: 640
February 9th, 2014 at 12:54:35 PM permalink
From this thread where Mission mentions him getting a rush about using the double up feature on $200:
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/video-poker/16948-double-up-pick-it-every-time/2/#post324052

I've been playing e-Craps for years. it started in NYC's Resprts world.
at the beginning, i got a rush when i won $600+ (including original bet) and got the forced payout.

by ny law, any single winnings over $600 on a slot machine gets automatically cashed out and u cant use it again.
winnings over that amount is checked for back taxes and child support at the cashier cage. (but no w2-g issued.)
and of course, any single win (including original bet) over $1200 will get you a w2g.

anyway, now that i'm playing in md live and there's no $600 auto-payout, i needed wins of ~$1199 (including original bet) to get that rush.
i designed my pressing to get me as close to $1199 as possible.
i cash out when a 7 comes.
if by some miracle the point is hit then a 7 on the passline roll (odds and place bets are off), i walk away and take all that $ on the table that came back to me.

now after hitting a few of those, i continue playing even if a 7 hits on the passline roll.
i put back the place bets. never hit $1199 again (yet.)

on the don't pass side, when i press to $100 don't/$600 odds and hit for ~$1199 i stopped.
now i keep betting $100 don't/$600 odds till a point is hit. 'ride the wave'.

i wonder whats next once i hit $1199 when i put the place bets back after a 7 on the passline roll, or if i rode a monster wave at $100 don't/$600 odds?

be satisfied, accept that i cant get much more of a rush because of the hard $1200 limit for w2-g, and just enjoy playing?
(like long term .25 vp players that hit multiple royals year after year?)
Craps is paradise (Pair of dice). Lets hear it for the SpeedCount Mathletes :)
sodawater
sodawater
  • Threads: 64
February 9th, 2014 at 1:36:40 PM permalink
i'd need a bigger risk and win to get a "rush" at e-craps or video craps than at a big table with real people. part of the fun is the whole experience of the table, the chips, the rail, the felt, the dice, the stickman, the base dealers, and the dour boxman grimacing whenever a hard 8 rolls.
SFB
SFB
  • Threads: 2
February 9th, 2014 at 1:59:57 PM permalink
Quote: sodawater

i'd need a bigger risk and win to get a "rush" at e-craps or video craps than at a big table with real people. part of the fun is the whole experience of the table, the chips, the rail, the felt, the dice, the stickman, the base dealers, and the dour boxman grimacing whenever a hard 8 rolls.

Soda:

That's why I like craps. I played a e-craps machine, and actually won some $$ at it, but I felt I was kissing my sister...

SFB
SFB
SFB
February 9th, 2014 at 2:00:34 PM permalink
100X:

What are the craps tables like at MLive? I need to go visit...

SFB
teddys
teddys
  • Threads: 150
February 9th, 2014 at 2:25:24 PM permalink
You coming up to Washington, Pa. for the WovMeet? We are going to get wild at the live craps table.
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
SFB
SFB
February 9th, 2014 at 3:19:19 PM permalink
Quote: teddys

You coming up to Washington, Pa. for the WovMeet? We are going to get wild at the live craps table.

If you are asking me? ;)

Not till after April 15th..

SFB
100xOdds
100xOdds
  • Threads: 640
February 9th, 2014 at 3:24:26 PM permalink
Quote: SFB

100X:

What are the craps tables like at MLive? I need to go visit...

SFB

e-craps:
3/4/5x odds
$5 min weekdays, $10min weeknites/weekends
field: 2x on 2, 3x on 12
vig on buy 4,5,9,10 after the win

real craps tables:
10x odds, field: 2x on both 2 and 12... grrr...
vig on 4,10 b4 the win.. grrr...
$15 min weekdays, 25 nites and weekends.
since I can only make weeknites/weekends, Too rich for my passline/cont come strat

the only good thing about real craps is the 10x odds
Craps is paradise (Pair of dice). Lets hear it for the SpeedCount Mathletes :)
wrxrob
wrxrob
  • Threads: 8
February 14th, 2014 at 10:17:32 AM permalink
I used to play e-craps at MD Live, but I swear if you ever play alone, you'll get a sneaking suspicion that the dice are rigged. I've had that experience with the same brand of e-craps at Perryville, and once in Tampa. But I guess that is another thread for another time.

Quick funny story from my 2nd experience playing e-craps at MD Live. I had about four come bets loaded with odds. The guy next to me was betting only one bet per roll. $500 on the field. He lost the first bet, but on the second bet, a 12 arrives paying triple. He wins $2,000, and the machine locks up. The guy gets so excited, he slams his fist onto the bar, effectively breaking the screen on my e-craps machine. So here he is waiting for a W2G, while I'm stuck waiting for an attendant to come fix my screen. Luckily, all of the come bets resolved in my favor. This was within 2 weeks of the grand opening, so I waited nearly 2 hours for an attendant to visit (and another 45 minutes for the issue to get resolved)

My experience at the REAL craps tables at MD Live was usually negative. Players arguing with the dealers non-stop, and a trampoline felt. I wanted to enjoy craps at MD Live, but the experience seems to kill it every time. Delaware is much more enjoyable to me (and the minimums are much lower).

Last visit on a Thursday night, I still noticed craps minimums anywhere from $15-100. One could easily find a spot at the $50 or $100 craps tables, while the $25 and $15 tables were jammed. I'm curious to see what happens when Horseshoe opens in Baltimore this summer. I still visit MD Live, but just not to play craps. The vibe just isn't there for me.
  • Jump to: