EvenBob
EvenBob
Joined: Jul 18, 2010
  • Threads: 424
  • Posts: 24199
January 31st, 2014 at 11:10:18 PM permalink
Got there Monday, came back today. Stayed at the 4 Queens.
Got the car from a new place called SixT, been there a month.
Really cheap really nice new cars. Got a Honda Accord with
200 miles on it, nicest car I ever rented. Gorgeous women
working there with sexy accents and short skirts. It's right
next to the other places on Gillespie. Nicest car people I've
ever dealt with, they even have a beautiful waiting area
with couches and bring you coffee or Coke, it's quite unreal
for a car place.

Visited the trash can Pierce heaved into at McD's. It'a a
paying homage thing. Showed the wife how to play roulette,
finally. Told her to stay in the $5 joints and bet five different
corners every time. You can make $50 last for hours sometimes
doing this. She had a problem with that prick Paul at Binions.
He's been there 30 years, he should know better. My wife was
playing alone and she'd start to bet and he'd immediately
spin the ball before she was even half way done. He did this
three times and she finally left the table. I went and told him
what I thought, that he was just plain rude. I've seen him in there
for years, he hates his job.

Saw three girls in nuns habits on Fremont in front of 4 Queens.
They had fake pink breasts sticking out the front of the habits.
I was offended by this and told them so. I'm not Catholic, but
a billion people are, and it's just not funny to mock their religion
like that. I told them to wear Muslim burqa's and see the reaction
they'd get. Have your fake boobs sticking out from a burqa and
somebody will call the cops.

Screw all the expensive buffets on the Strip and their long lines.
I like the Paradise Buffet in the Fremont. $13.99 and a great
atmosphere. They had excellent prime rib, crab legs and even
smoked salmon. For a third what you pay on the Strip and the
lines are rarely long, go after 7 30 and there's no line at all.

I was glad to see Binions basement cafe from the 50's is open
again temporarily. The dark oak in there is wonderful and
the waitresses have been there decades and are the friendliest
in Vegas. Food is good too.

Was playing at the single zero wheel at MGM and was surrounded
by high rollers. A guy bought in for $5K, lost all of it by never
winning once, got another $5K in chips and put his last $500
on number 11 and won, you figure out how much. I was a low
roller at $50 a spin and didn't bet every time. The suit in the
pit was so upset at the number 11 win, he stuck his face right
in my face, I mean 2" away and and snarled 'if you aren't going
to bet every spin, give your seat to somebody else.' Of course
there is no rule about this, so I waved my hand across my nose
and said 'geez, lay off the garlic at lunch, Luigi.' And colored up.
I hate rude suits.

The $20 trick for an upgrade failed this time, even though it had
worked in May at the same hotel. Depends on who you get.
Saw a guy from high school on the plane on the way out who
was going to Vegas for the first time and was pretty excited.
On the way back he was in a very foul mood and would barely
be civil. Gee, what could have happened to make him that way.
He was jerk when I knew him anyway, so I had to rub it in.
Rookie.

Took one cab ride after we took the car back. Got a veteran
lady driver who's been doing it for 24 years and says it's awful
now in Vegas for drivers. You have to work 12 hours a day just
to eek out a living. She'd been out 10 hours and we were her 7th
fare of the day. That's pitiful, she showed me her time sheet.
And man, does she hate the Muslim cab drivers. I can't even
repeat what she said about them, she hates them so much.
We were a $40 dollar fare and it made her day, she could go
home with a profit.

Took the shuttle to the airport at 5am. Never take a cab, call
the shuttle company and they will pick you up and it's $8.50
a person. Better than a cab and a fraction of the cost.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
1BB
1BB
Joined: Oct 10, 2011
  • Threads: 18
  • Posts: 5339
February 1st, 2014 at 4:13:24 AM permalink
Good report, Bob. Sixt finally made it to Vegas and they rent Hondas to boot. Hondas could almost never be rented from the major companies. Is this a Sixt thing or are times changing?

I'm not religious and the naughty nuns don't particularly offend me although some would deem them inappropriate. They're on Freemont Street, not in front of a church on a Sunday morning. It's not like they're ridiculing or mocking someone's beliefs just for sport, like on a gambling forum, for instance, where it's always open season.
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
Mosca
Mosca 
Joined: Dec 14, 2009
  • Threads: 178
  • Posts: 3798
February 1st, 2014 at 4:52:39 AM permalink
Honda would never sell to rental fleets. The times are definitely changing.
NO KILL I
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
  • Threads: 146
  • Posts: 18249
February 1st, 2014 at 5:05:15 AM permalink
The $20 thing dose not work. Let me explain, just asking will get you an upgrade sometimes anyways, the $20 is just wasted. You will get the upgrade or you wont, the $20 has no factor in this.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
1BB
1BB
Joined: Oct 10, 2011
  • Threads: 18
  • Posts: 5339
February 1st, 2014 at 5:23:37 AM permalink
Much has been written on the $20 trick or "sandwich". What you don't hear a lot about are the policies of the different hotels on this. They all have to know about. I imagine it could run the gamut from strictly forbidden to turning a blind eye.
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
aceofspades
aceofspades
Joined: Apr 4, 2012
  • Threads: 366
  • Posts: 6506
February 1st, 2014 at 5:39:25 AM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Saw three girls in nuns habits on Fremont in front of 4 Queens.
They had fake pink breasts sticking out the front of the habits.
I was offended by this and told them so. I'm not Catholic, but
a billion people are, and it's just not funny to mock their religion
like that. I told them to wear Muslim burqa's and see the reaction
they'd get. Have your fake boobs sticking out from a burqa and
somebody will call the cops.

Took one cab ride after we took the car back. Got a veteran
lady driver who's been doing it for 24 years and says it's awful
now in Vegas for drivers. You have to work 12 hours a day just
to eek out a living. She'd been out 10 hours and we were her 7th
fare of the day. That's pitiful, she showed me her time sheet.
And man, does she hate the Muslim cab drivers. I can't even
repeat what she said about them, she hates them so much.
We were a $40 dollar fare and it made her day, she could go
home with a profit.




I agree Bob - although I am a non-believer…I think people pick on the easy christian targets as they know there will no reprisals…as you said, do it in a burqa or on a muslim prayer rug and see what happens
Perhaps your muslim hating cab driver can be the test case…?
bw
bw
Joined: Aug 9, 2012
  • Threads: 6
  • Posts: 301
February 1st, 2014 at 7:47:11 AM permalink
Quote: aceofspades

I agree Bob - although I am a non-believer…I think people pick on the easy christian targets as they know there will no reprisals…as you said, do it in a burqa or on a muslim prayer rug and see what happens
Perhaps your muslim hating cab driver can be the test case…?



Another Salman Rushdie type incident is what would happen.
kewlj
kewlj
Joined: Apr 17, 2012
  • Threads: 200
  • Posts: 3710
February 1st, 2014 at 8:08:25 AM permalink
I think you guys are being too sensitive. I was raised catholic and have seen the 'nuns' and found it humorous. I see no difference in that and the two ladies dressed as police officers, with a very small vest, exposing most of their breasts that reads Las Vegas Police Dept, a badge, handcuffs, police hat, (very short) shorts and high heels. It's just Vegas fun. Lighten and loosen up.

Now, if someone was dressed as a priest, walking around with his arm around a 12 year old boy....that would be in bad taste. Creative, but in bad taste.
JimRockford
JimRockford
Joined: Apr 17, 2012
  • Threads: 12
  • Posts: 534
February 1st, 2014 at 8:49:21 AM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Got the car from a new place called SixT, been there a month.
Really cheap really nice new cars. Got a Honda Accord with
200 miles on it, nicest car I ever rented. Gorgeous women
working there with sexy accents and short skirts. It's right
next to the other places on Gillespie. Nicest car people I've
ever dealt with, they even have a beautiful waiting area
with couches and bring you coffee or Coke, it's quite unreal
for a car place.



I have been curious about SixT. You say they are next to the main rental car center. How do they pick you up? Do you use the regular shuttle, or do they run their own?
"Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things." - Isaac Newton
Boz
Boz
Joined: Sep 22, 2011
  • Threads: 154
  • Posts: 5701
February 1st, 2014 at 9:03:16 AM permalink
Quote: kewlj

I think you guys are being too sensitive. I was raised catholic and have seen the 'nuns' and found it humorous. I see no difference in that and the two ladies dressed as police officers, with a very small vest, exposing most of their breasts that reads Las Vegas Police Dept, a badge, handcuffs, police hat, (very short) shorts and high heels. It's just Vegas fun. Lighten and loosen up.

Now, if someone was dressed as a priest, walking around with his arm around a 12 year old boy....that would be in bad taste. Creative, but in bad taste.




You mean like this Halloween Costume????

http://bustedcoverage.com/2012/10/23/jerry-sandusky-halloween-costumes-photos/

  • Jump to: