Yo11
Yo11
  • Threads: 5
December 18th, 2013 at 6:15:09 PM permalink
Vegas Chatter is reporting a potential sequel to Damon and Norton's "Rounders".

Vegaschatter

I'm stoked.
Yo field, yo come, both gunna get you some!
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
December 18th, 2013 at 6:54:13 PM permalink
This is why I'm a Damon fan. How many A-listers would go for this? "Oh, you want to do a sequel to that low-budget cult classic I was in 15 years ago? Sure. I'll drop everything for that. Just send the filming dates."
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
Perdition
Perdition
  • Threads: 36
December 18th, 2013 at 7:02:01 PM permalink
I never understood why he didn't get the Oscar for what I thought was his best work:

onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
December 18th, 2013 at 7:11:21 PM permalink
That's going to be a tough one to out do. Unless its a tragedy, it won't be a good movie. Rise and fall is what America loves. Can't see the link on my phone, so just going with my opinion not knowing any details from the link.
I am a robot.
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
December 18th, 2013 at 7:15:17 PM permalink
Quote: Perdition

I never understood why he didn't get the Oscar for what I thought was his best work:

LOL!! The sex scene in that movie (which does not include Matt Damon) is epic. IIRC, they couldn't get the voice for Damon to sound different enough from his actual voice, so they cut all the lines and made it only say "Matt Damon." I guess you know you're dedicated to satire when you actively patrol the differential from the subject of the caricature.
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
Perdition
Perdition
  • Threads: 36
December 18th, 2013 at 7:33:33 PM permalink
I couldn't find the actual interview where they say this but this here is the story behind the Matt Damon Puppet:

Question: Does anyone know what the joke is about Matt Damon always calling out his name? Is it supposed to be a reference to something?

Answer: I read an interview with Trey Parker and Matt Stone where they said that they had not intended for it to be that way but that when they made the Matt Damon puppet, it looked so retarded that they thought it would be funny to just have him be retarded in the movie and only say his name. They said it was nothing personal against Matt Damon.
Soft17
Soft17
  • Threads: 2
December 18th, 2013 at 7:50:39 PM permalink
Guest starring Phil Helmuth to take the place of Chan. :P :P
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
December 18th, 2013 at 8:06:55 PM permalink
Bring back TEDDY KGB.

enough said.
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
December 19th, 2013 at 3:51:58 AM permalink
Why can't Hollywood leave things alone? At the least I hope they go the "Money Never Sleeps" route and call it something besides "Rounders II."
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
December 19th, 2013 at 4:05:12 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Why can't Hollywood leave things alone? At the least I hope they go the "Money Never Sleeps" route and call it something besides "Rounders II."

Because it can work.
The Hustler, The color of Money
Terminator, Terminator 2
Godfather, Godfather part 2

The key, gotta tell a good story.
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
December 19th, 2013 at 5:01:37 AM permalink
No matter how bad Hollywood's reputation is for sequels I'd give it a shot and go see it.
MidwestAP
MidwestAP
  • Threads: 22
December 19th, 2013 at 6:21:15 AM permalink
Looks like there could be a new villian.

"Rounders 2" is happening
LarryS
LarryS
  • Threads: 67
December 19th, 2013 at 8:34:16 AM permalink
Quote: terapined

Because it can work.
Terminator, Terminator 2

I am leaning toward it being worhwhile for one reason. Damon knows poker. He plays WSOP events. He know what doesnt ring true. Plus he could wait it out till the script is just right. He doesnt need the money.

I saw a horrible recent movie with stallone where they were playing private poker games, and in the middle of a hand you can reach in your wallet or ask a friend for more money and throw it on the table.. And if someone made a bet that was larger than you could call....you automatically lost.
Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
December 19th, 2013 at 8:36:39 AM permalink
Quote: terapined

Because it can work.
Terminator, Terminator 2

It can also suck Ocean's 12 or be dreadful even Godfather 3
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
Doc
Doc
  • Threads: 46
December 19th, 2013 at 8:39:26 AM permalink
Quote: LarryS

And if someone made a bet that was larger than you could call....you automatically lost.

Ah, shades of "A Big Hand for the Little Lady."
debitncredit
debitncredit
  • Threads: 53
December 19th, 2013 at 9:44:42 AM permalink
Quote: rdw4potus

This is why I'm a Damon fan. How many A-listers would go for this? "Oh, you want to do a sequel to that low-budget cult classic I was in 15 years ago? Sure. I'll drop everything for that. Just send the filming dates."

I'm sure he's not doing this out of the goodness of his heart
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
December 19th, 2013 at 9:51:41 AM permalink
Quote: debitncredit

I'm sure he's not doing this out of the goodness of his heart

That depends on how you look at it. Did he do it out of the goodness of his heart if he takes $4MM to make Rounders II instead of taking $15MM to make another movie that he was approached about?
Paradigm
Paradigm
  • Threads: 42
December 19th, 2013 at 9:51:54 AM permalink
Damon & Norton are two of my favorite male actors and the previous poster is correct, Damon knows poker. I can't wait and hope that the three A-List actors mentioned make it a great sequel, but that will be a pretty tall order as we all know what typically happens with sequels.

I wonder if the Sequel track record is any better with sequels coming out so long after the original....it isn't like they will be pushing this out quickly to capitalize on the "franchise" momentum from the first film. Take your time boys and do it right!
KeyserSoze
KeyserSoze
  • Threads: 13
December 19th, 2013 at 3:58:30 PM permalink
If Teddy KGB isn't in the sequel, I ain't watching.
Talent hits a target no one else can hit; genius hits a target no one else can see.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
December 19th, 2013 at 4:16:23 PM permalink
Quote: Paradigm

Damon knows poker. I can't wait and hope that the three A-List actors mentioned make it a great sequel, but that will be a pretty tall order as we all know what typically happens with sequels.

And James Woods knew poker but was first out when he appeared on some poker show and got suckered by players who pretended they were rather ignorant of the game.
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
December 19th, 2013 at 5:13:44 PM permalink
I looked every week on imdb for updates on this move. I gave up hope about 6 months ago so this was assume news. I NEVER see moves in theaters but I will make it a point to see this one.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
Paradigm
Paradigm
  • Threads: 42
December 19th, 2013 at 5:40:07 PM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

And James Woods knew poker but was first out when he appeared on some poker show and got suckered by players who pretended they were rather ignorant of the game.

I hear ya flea, I meant it from the "he will know what will and won't work" from a movie perspective, not that he is going to outplay real poker players on a regular basis.
BedWetterBetter
BedWetterBetter
  • Threads: 33
December 20th, 2013 at 8:25:10 AM permalink
I think Mikey and Worm should go beat down those crooked Cops in Binghamton for taking ALL their money!!!
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
December 20th, 2013 at 2:45:48 PM permalink
Quote: BedWetterBetter

I think Mikey and Worm should go beat down those crooked Cops in Binghamton for taking ALL their money!!!

If they live in Binghamton not much you are going to do to them.

Seriously I made the comment "tell me about it" when Mike said it as a four hour drive each way there. NYC to Binghamton and other points has to be the only place in the USA where the shortest way is to driv thru two states to get back to the state you started in.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
mickeycrimm
mickeycrimm
  • Threads: 62
December 20th, 2013 at 2:55:58 PM permalink
I think it was during the filming of Rounders that Matt Damon and Ed Norton came to the Horseshoe and played the main event. Amazingly, Matt Damon wound up at the same table with Doyle Brunson. Damon picked up pocket kings and raised, he got reraised by Doyle. Damon had to make a decision. If he called the raise he would be all in.

Damon said something like "Well, if I'm gonna get knocked out of the tournament at least it is going to be by Doyle Brunson." He called and Doyle rolled over pocket Aces. Damon got knocked out. He walked through the Horseshoe telling everybody "Guess what? I got knocked out of the tournament by Doyle Brunson."
"Quit trying your luck and start trying your skill." Mickey Crimm
  • Jump to: