No votes (0%)
5 votes (18.51%)
3 votes (11.11%)

27 members have voted

terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 80
November 10th, 2013 at 9:13:06 AM permalink
I believe in a bully free work environment regardless of it being a locker room or a business office.
I'm on Martins side.
The voicemail crossed a line.
The antics on the golf course by Incognito basically assaulting a female volunteer just shows what kind of person this is.
He crossed a line in that voicemail and he crossed a line on the golf course.
Also kicked off many football teams such as Nebraska. If you play college football and are good enough to be drafted, it takes a lot to get kicked off a college team if you are one of the best players on the team.

Waiting for the Foxsports interview with Incognito, want to see if he owns his actions or plays victim.
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
  • Threads: 75
November 10th, 2013 at 9:42:04 AM permalink
I'm not one to send a person to the guillotine just because they once uttered the N-word. (For example, I think the treatment of Paula Deen was a travesty) But Incognito is another story. He has a long track record of being a jerk, and I find it very hard to give him the benefit of the doubt on anything.

My god, I think I just agreed with you again. What the hell is the world coming to?? ;)
Fighting BS one post at a time!
aceofspades
aceofspades
  • Threads: 366
November 10th, 2013 at 9:55:39 AM permalink
I think we need to see the 1,100 text messages between Incognito and Martin - apparently Martin sent Incognito a text message a few days prior to his leaving the team threatening to kill Incognito's family - and, according to the interview we just saw, and text message transcript shown on Fox NFL Today, Martin texted with Incognito the day after the Thursday night game congratulating him on the team's victory
terapined
terapined
November 10th, 2013 at 10:14:23 AM permalink
I want to see the Ted Wells report. I heard this guy is smart, relentless and honest.
He's gonna look at every aspect of this case.
After the Incognito interview on Foxsports, Howie Long is right, Once this Ted Wells report comes out, the NFL will change the culture of the locker room.
NFL has too much to risk, its essentially family entertainment and they earn billions due to this. Family's watch football together and no way NFL wants to jeopardize that.
The NFL is aware that if things remain the same , more stuff like this will leak out of the locker room affecting the product.
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"
Mosca
Mosca
  • Threads: 178
November 10th, 2013 at 10:27:05 AM permalink
Both... Neither.
NO KILL I
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 310
November 10th, 2013 at 10:33:33 AM permalink
This is Absurd!

Two huge NFL linemen involved in "bullying?"

Puh-lease!

They are paid to be mean, uncaring louts.

Sure, Incognito is an asshole; so what?

Let them fight it out, and if they cannot resolve it, keep it in the clubhouse.

Never should have received any public attention.

Martin: poster child for "PUSSY."
"What, me worry?"
terapined
terapined
November 10th, 2013 at 10:59:54 AM permalink
Quote: MrV

This is Absurd!

Two huge NFL linemen involved in "bullying?"

Puh-lease!

They are paid to be mean, uncaring louts.

Sure, Incognito is an asshole; so what?

Let them fight it out, and if they cannot resolve it, keep it in the clubhouse.

Never should have received any public attention.

Martin: poster child for "PUSSY."

How should Martin have handled this, fight. Ever heard of 1 punch homicide. Happened up the street from me at the local diner parking lot. This was a high school football player that was convicted of 1 punch homicide. A total tragedy, 2 families changed forever, 1 youngster in prison and 1 youngster dead.
1 punch homicide, happens unfortunately. Just think the damage a 300 pound lineman can do with 1 punch. Never a good idea to solve problems with fists.
kewlj
kewlj
  • Threads: 203
November 10th, 2013 at 11:07:27 AM permalink
I think the NFL is a bit of a different world, where different things are commonplace and accepted than the world I am familiar with. Hazing and things like that. In this case, although they haven't acknowledged any of the blame, it appears to me that somebody in Miami organization is involved. Richie incognito, no doubt a bully, by a number of previous incidents, wasn't acting on his own, IMO. Someone in the Dolphin organization perceived Martin as soft and weak and 'encouraged', Incognito to work on him and 'toughen', him up.

Again, this is a different world, one that I am not familiar with, where such bullying actions are accepted and encouraged. Problem is...the level that bully, Incognito took it to. His vulger and public words, via social media, where he threaded not only Martin, (said he would kill him), but threatened to rape his mother, took this incident not just too far, but to a level that violates the law, where law enforcement needs to become involved. It will be interesting to see how this whole thing plays out. But no matter what happens or doesn't happen, or is accepted in a certain environment, Richie Incognito is a big, 300 pound bully, plain and simple.
speedycrap
speedycrap
  • Threads: 42
November 10th, 2013 at 11:28:53 AM permalink
This is 2013 and the world has changed for the last 20-30 years. We are progressing to a non bullying world. Racial/physical/emotional insults will not be tolerated anymore.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 221
November 10th, 2013 at 11:36:07 AM permalink
While I gave up on the NFL after last year I have seen the story. It is a bit of a mixed reaction on my part.

First, the "Rookie Dinner" is perfectly acceptable to me. Vets do a lot of work for the rookies in training camp so to have the rookies give a "thanks" as a team-building thing is no big deal to me.

I find it hard to believe a few other things, though.

I cannot believe Martin could get to the NFL without being hazed at every level. And I cannot believe he could both make it through all of the preliminary psyc profiles teams give these days and still not have a strong enough personality to put up with a "team bully."

I cannot believe how feminized our society has become that a grown man quits a pro league because he was called a few names. Two months left in the season. He would have to know he would be labeled a "quitter" for life after this. Should have toughed it out and just quit on the off-season.

I do believe he might have had a "fitting in" problem. I do believe even in today's NFL white guys hang out with white guys and black guys with black guys. He may not like the "Gangsta" culture in the NFL these days and been forced to be a loner. Tough, you are a grown man. Finish your season and then retire.

I am not saying Incognito is a good guy, but I think Martin is acting like a college freshman and not an NFL player.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others

• Jump to: