guitarfreek15
guitarfreek15
  • Threads: 2
August 31st, 2013 at 10:45:07 PM permalink
I saw this happen about 3 years ago (I think). I was playing BJ and happened to catch the action on the other side of the pit. A guy was playing 3rd base, betting table max $1000 on two hands. Six up for the dealer. His first hand was a doubling hand. I can't remember exactly what it was, but he ended up with a hand (not 21). Second hand was 77. Naturally, he split. First split hand I don't think made anything. The second split hand pulled another 7, but he had no more $ to split again. Dealer flips an 8, 14 total. I'm guessing most of you see where this is going. In true dealer fashion, out comes the 7 to make 21. $5k gone in one minute, which is the most I've seen on the table at one time in AZ, since they upped the limits a few years ago.

If anyone else has some bad beats (to you or someone else), I'd like to hear about them. Everyone loves a winner's story, but I think sometimes you have to hear about the bad times to keep things in perspective.
ontariodealer
ontariodealer
  • Threads: 7
August 31st, 2013 at 11:09:28 PM permalink
describe a good beat.
get second you pig
rainman
rainman
  • Threads: 18
September 1st, 2013 at 12:19:43 AM permalink
Quote: ontariodealer

describe a good beat.

Split 9's into four hands got one double down for 17 and three 19's. Dealer- 5,2,2,6,5. I lost a 1000, The hot girl playing nickles next to me kept consoling me for the next hour and I later went home with her. That's a good bad beat.

There is also the bad beat in a poker room that has a bad beat jackpot. Probably the best bad beat/good beat of all.
1BB
1BB
  • Threads: 18
September 1st, 2013 at 1:13:13 AM permalink
Quote: guitarfreek15

I saw this happen about 3 years ago (I think). I was playing BJ and happened to catch the action on the other side of the pit. A guy was playing 3rd base, betting table max $1000 on two hands. Six up for the dealer. His first hand was a doubling hand. I can't remember exactly what it was, but he ended up with a hand (not 21). Second hand was 77. Naturally, he split. First split hand I don't think made anything. The second split hand pulled another 7, but he had no more $ to split again. Dealer flips an 8, 14 total. I'm guessing most of you see where this is going. In true dealer fashion, out comes the 7 to make 21. $5k gone in one minute, which is the most I've seen on the table at one time in AZ, since they upped the limits a few years ago.

If anyone else has some bad beats (to you or someone else), I'd like to hear about them. Everyone loves a winner's story, but I think sometimes you have to hear about the bad times to keep things in perspective.

I'm going to call this one bad play rather than a bad beat. Over betting is one of the worst mistakes a blackjack player can make. Over betting to the point of not being able to finish a hand properly is even worse. Players try for a Hail Mary all the time and losing a hand like this in not uncommon.

I'm sure everyone at that table followed the hand through because the dealer had to hit his 14 at some point and the outcome, win or lose, would have been different.
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
  • Jump to: