Encinocharlie
Encinocharlie
  • Threads: 2
August 22nd, 2013 at 1:01:28 PM permalink
I found a blackjack game in CA where they offer a "bet the bust" option. Before each hand, you make a regular bet, and in addition, you can make a side bet on whether the dealer will bust. The odds for this "bet the bust" is as follows:

3-4 cards= 2 to 1 payoff
5 cards= 4 to 1
6 cards= 15 to 1
7 cards= 50 to 1
8 cards or more= 200 to 1

It is a six deck game with only one deck cut-off. Blackjack pays 6 to 5. You can surrender at anytime -- even if you already have four or five cards. But there is one exception -- you cannot surrender if the dealer is checking for a possible blackjack. It has DOA and DAS.

My questions -- if I "Wong" in on a high negative count and do the "bet the bust" would I have an advantage? Please note that the amount of the "bet the bust" wager has to be equal or less than the regular wager for the hand. The max for this "bet the bust" is $25. And if I would have an advantage, at what negative count should I begin to "Wong" in on with regards to this game? And please note that I would be okay with "wonging" in and then leaving the table after just a few hands. I do not have to stick around for the rest of the shoe. Can anyone help me with this question?
  • Jump to: