ahiromu
ahiromu
  • Threads: 112
April 29th, 2013 at 7:40:36 PM permalink
Preface: I wouldn't mind sharing personal details, but I'm going with a friend and don't feel comfortable telling all. So sorry if I seem a little impersonal and cryptic.

Three night stay: Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Friday will be downtown, Sunday will be at a nice place. I'm in charge of Friday/Saturday.

The question: Where to stay on Saturday night? I've all but ruled out the Strip or nicer (Palms) off-Strip properties, our "big money" will be spent on the Sunday room and I don't want to spend more than $200 on Saturday night. At the same time, Saturday will be our "Strip day" (pun semi-intended), so I don't want to go downtown... I want a place two guys can walk to later at night from the strip without worry about a cab fee or anything. I've ruled out getting a car because I will be drunk 90% of the time, with the other 10% sleeping.

My top choice** is Tuscany, it's all but settled. At the same time, I wanted to check with you guys just to make sure I wasn't completely blanking on something.

**If there's somewhere that four hours of $60-80 craps will get me a free room on the Strip on a Saturday night with little to no prior play, please do tell. I don't expect so, and can't commit to black chip play, but again just checking.
Its - Possessive; It's - "It is" / "It has"; There - Location; Their - Possessive; They're - "They are"
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
April 29th, 2013 at 11:44:49 PM permalink
You don't travel with a spouse without room reservations ... but perhaps 2 guys could take their chances.

Figure out yourself what your EV for your play will be; if the amount is on the Line, and it was me with my rate of betting, about $-40 to -50 per hour. You could expect to be comped about $10 bucks an hour at some places and I'm sure you know you don't get squat at others. To get a room it is sounding to me like it would take some convincing that you are a higher roller than that. I would be the wrong person to give advice about that, though, sorry.

PS: get a cab. Vegas will wear you out trying to walk places, the distances deceive you.
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
  • Threads: 262
April 30th, 2013 at 3:14:58 PM permalink
Quote: ahiromu

My top choice** is Tuscany, it's all but settled. At the same time, I wanted to check with you guys just to make sure I wasn't completely blanking on something.

I have stayed at Tuscany several times and I think it is a good choice. Ellis Island is right around the corner and has (had ?) a good sirloin steak special. The VP has good paytables there.
There's emptiness behind their eyes There's dust in all their hearts They just want to steal us all and take us all apart
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 236
April 30th, 2013 at 5:10:30 PM permalink
The Golden Nugget. Yes, it is still downtown, but it is uptown downtown. The pool has a slide that goes through a tank filled with sharks.

Save the difference for cab fare and a hand of baccarat at the chichi joint on Sunday.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 236
May 13th, 2013 at 3:58:49 PM permalink
Quote: ahiromu

Preface: I wouldn't mind sharing personal details, but I'm going with a friend and don't feel comfortable telling all. So sorry if I seem a little impersonal and cryptic.

Three night stay: Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Friday will be downtown, Sunday will be at a nice place. I'm in charge of Friday/Saturday.

The question: Where to stay on Saturday night? I've all but ruled out the Strip or nicer (Palms) off-Strip properties, our "big money" will be spent on the Sunday room and I don't want to spend more than $200 on Saturday night. At the same time, Saturday will be our "Strip day" (pun semi-intended), so I don't want to go downtown... I want a place two guys can walk to later at night from the strip without worry about a cab fee or anything. I've ruled out getting a car because I will be drunk 90% of the time, with the other 10% sleeping.

**If there's somewhere that four hours of $60-80 craps will get me a free room on the Strip on a Saturday night with little to no prior play, please do tell. I don't expect so, and can't commit to black chip play, but again just checking.

So, how did it go Ahiromu?
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
  • Jump to: