RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
November 7th, 2014 at 4:36:44 AM permalink
It is kind of interesting to see that NAACP reports that there were complaints about the election process:

“This first election post the Shelby v. Holder decision resulted in problems in every single state previously protected by the Voting Rights Act,” Brooks said. “For 49 years, these states were singled out because they had a history of discriminating against American voters. The Election Protection Hotline we manned with other concerned organizations fielded over 18,000 calls yesterday, many in those same states previously protected by the VRA.”

http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2014/11/06/scott-on-f-grade-from-naacp-its-because-i-believe-that-progress-has-to-be-made/

The Voter ID requirements are designed to help identify all legal voters and allow them to cast their ballot. Obviously, both the left and right have complaints about what goes on in elections, so why not make it easy to figure out who the legal voters are and make sure that they get every opportunity to vote on election day? If anyone tries to stop a legally registered and properly identified voter in any way, prosecute them. Prosecute them if the are Democrats; prosecute them if they are Republicans.

It isn't like anyone is supporting people having to have common sense or anything to vote...just an ID.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 229
November 7th, 2014 at 4:46:34 AM permalink
Quote: RonC

The Voter ID requirements are designed to help identify all legal voters and allow them to cast their ballot. Obviously, both the left and right have complaints about what goes on in elections, so why not make it easy to figure out who the legal voters are and make sure that they get every opportunity to vote on election day? If anyone tries to stop a legally registered and properly identified voter in any way, prosecute them. Prosecute them if the are Democrats; prosecute them if they are Republicans.

It isn't like anyone is supporting people having to have common sense or anything to vote...just an ID.

It is time for a muckraking news organization to offer a reward for someone who has proof of not being able to vote. Prove they could not get an ID. Prove they were stopped at the polls. Then either work to stop the suppression or tell the person, "yo, chief, you just need to go get a form of ID and you can vote." Make a story showing *how* you get ID if say your house burned and you lost all your paperwork.

The thing is, the NAACP and similar groups don't want to show how easy it is to get an ID. Their existence depends on proving racism at every turn. Their message is "if you are black, you cannot succeed without us!" If they simply show how easy it is for anyone to get an ID they teach the man to fish instead of giving him a fish.

Of course, they don't give the fish, they demand someone else give the guy their fish, but I digress.......
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
Sonuvabish
Sonuvabish
  • Threads: 29
November 12th, 2014 at 10:06:51 PM permalink

Exactly...read what you wrote. You accused me of not being able to think for myself as if somehow disagreeing with your position makes that the case.

It isn't that big of deal; it was just unnecessary.

I hate when people say 'accuse' on here. Did I really accuse you of being a puppet, as if it were a crime against nature? Was it an accusation that I made...or was it, possibly more accurately, a statement that I made? Ugh anyway...
Although I agree with you that you are not able to think for yourself and disagreeing with my position is the perfect example of that (am I clear on what you said?), that was not my "accusation". My statement was regarding your apparent belief that your interests and those of the rich are somehow parallel; or in other words, believing that the "correct" side of an issue presented to you from sources like Fox news would make your life better.

I'm not sure where that came from...something a while back? Whatever...

LOL, I made that up
Sonuvabish
Sonuvabish
  • Threads: 29
November 12th, 2014 at 10:19:54 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

It is time for a muckraking news organization to offer a reward for someone who has proof of not being able to vote. Prove they could not get an ID. Prove they were stopped at the polls. Then either work to stop the suppression or tell the person, "yo, chief, you just need to go get a form of ID and you can vote." Make a story showing *how* you get ID if say your house burned and you lost all your paperwork.

The thing is, the NAACP and similar groups don't want to show how easy it is to get an ID. Their existence depends on proving racism at every turn. Their message is "if you are black, you cannot succeed without us!" If they simply show how easy it is for anyone to get an ID they teach the man to fish instead of giving him a fish.

Of course, they don't give the fish, they demand someone else give the guy their fish, but I digress.......

This is so...what's a good non-insult...this post appears extremely dumb, but you personally are SMART, while appearances are sometimes deceiving, so maybe the post is also CLEVER too despite doing a GREAT job at appearing otherwise. Try to follow me.

Who votes Democrat, poor or rich? Poor.
Who is less likely to have an ID, poor or rich? Poor.
Who is more likely to work 3 jobs, poor or rich? Poor
Who is less likely to have time to vote poor or rich? Poor
We can do the same thing with black and white; woman and man; young and old; single and married.

What do you think happens when someone has limited time and no ID? Do you think they say, well I'm gonna take off work today because it's so damn important that I get to the voting booth, or do they say, I'm starving and I need to make enough to eat? The laws are not designed to make it impossible to vote. No one is arguing that. That seems to be the thrust of your argument. Anyone can get an ID. Yeah. We know that. The laws are designed to discourage democratic voters from voting. To think they'd want ANY voting law (not related to improving civil rights or reducing costs) without giving themselves a political edge makes little to no sense. What constituents want this law and why? You defend this law by saying it's not bad cuz this and that, but it clearly represents the will of Republican representatives, not anyone's constituents.

• Jump to: