SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
April 23rd, 2014 at 5:47:11 PM permalink
Quote: RonC

No need for one vote per person, right? Vote early; vote often!!!

One vote for each party sounds eerily like doey-don't in craps.
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
October 30th, 2014 at 4:42:34 AM permalink
"The Chicago chapter of Asian Americans Advancing Justice tweeted Blake’s article with the message, “Reminder — #Illinois does NOT require #voterID to cast a ballot,” along with the pro-Democrat hashtag #TurnOutForWhat. The tweet was helpfully retweeted by the National Council of La Raza."

http://dailycaller.com/2014/10/29/la-raza-promotes-washington-post-guide-on-where-people-can-vote-without-an-id/

La Raza, those folks who want to give everyone amnesty, also want to make sure the people they represent (mostly those who are here in violation of the law) understand which states require voter ID's and which ones do not require ID. Why else would they have retweeted this? Why did they not say something like--"all of you are legal to vote, please get out and vote for Democrats who support our cause"????

I know someone will say that they are "just getting the word out so all of those members who are citizens get out and vote"...and I'll say right off the bat that the person who says that is dead wrong. They want illegals to vote.

No, we don't need no stinkin' voter ID...
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
October 30th, 2014 at 4:54:02 AM permalink

Correct.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 88
October 30th, 2014 at 5:48:28 AM permalink

Have severe penaltys for voter fraud.
No id's needed.
problem solved :-)
WOV supports censorship. Bring back free speech challenging lies.
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
October 30th, 2014 at 6:21:39 AM permalink
Quote: terapined

Have severe penaltys for voter fraud.
No id's needed.
problem solved :-)

Why not have people produce a valid ID just like they have to in order to do just about any financial transaction in this country?

Oh, that's just too hard for me to do. I can go apply for social security, I can get food stamps, I can buy cigarettes, I can get a drivers license...but it is just too onerous of a requirement for me to have to produce a valid ID to vote--even if the state will give it to me for free.

So an organization who wants to overturn our immigration system and allow illegals in no matter what passes the word that some states require no ID for voting. Nothing to see folks...move right along.
terapined
terapined
October 30th, 2014 at 7:07:14 AM permalink

Why not have people produce a valid ID just like they have to in order to do just about any financial transaction in this country?

Oh, that's just too hard for me to do. I can go apply for social security, I can get food stamps, I can buy cigarettes, I can get a drivers license...but it is just too onerous of a requirement for me to have to produce a valid ID to vote--even if the state will give it to me for free.

So an organization who wants to overturn our immigration system and allow illegals in no matter what passes the word that some states require no ID for voting. Nothing to see folks...move right along.

If my wallet gets stolen and my my documentation proving I am a USA citizen is stolen. Bottom line is I cant vote.
I am an American Citizen not born in this country.
My documentation is stolen, I am screwed. I cannot vote due to laws you favor.
Just make the penalties severe and it solves the problem and allows this American citizen the right to vote.

http://www.lawyerscommittee.org/page?id=0046
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
October 30th, 2014 at 7:21:50 AM permalink
Personally, I love this entire Voter ID debate because it will always be a losing one for Republicans.... they're not fooling anyone.

Let's call a spade a spade: voter ID laws are only enacted to make it harder for certain groups of people to vote. Groups of people who historically do not support the Republican party.

You can pretend all day long that that isn't true, but you're not fooling anyone.

It makes Republicans look like cheaters who can't win elections without suppressing certain voters, and that's why I love this issue.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
terapined
terapined
October 30th, 2014 at 7:36:04 AM permalink
Quote: ams288

Personally, I love this entire Voter ID debate because it will always be a losing one for Republicans.... they're not fooling anyone.

Let's call a spade a spade: voter ID laws are only enacted to make it harder for certain groups of people to vote. Groups of people who historically do not support the Republican party.

You can pretend all day long that that isn't true, but you're not fooling anyone.

It makes Republicans look like cheaters who can't win elections without suppressing certain voters, and that's why I love this issue.

Yup, here in Florida we used to be able to vote the Sunday prior to the the official last day to vote Tues.
All the black churches hired busses on Sunday for their "souls to the polls" program.
Republicans were furious, they put a stop to that simply due to this program.
I can now vote this Saturday but I cant vote Sunday.
chickenman
chickenman
  • Threads: 3
October 30th, 2014 at 7:45:20 AM permalink

Yup, here in Florida we used to be able to vote the Sunday prior to the the official last day to vote Tues.
All the black churches hired busses on Sunday for their "souls to the polls" program.
Republicans were furious, they put a stop to that simply due to this program.
I can now vote this Saturday but I cant vote Sunday.

In honor of B9 here's a *facepalm* for you LIVs on this question. We'll get him reinstated at DT and resume the, ahem, debate over there.

Chickenman, over and out.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 229
October 30th, 2014 at 8:01:20 AM permalink
Quote: ams288

Yes, dead people for one.

Quote:

No, it makes liberals look like fools because EVERYONE HAS ID OR CAN EASILY GET ONE! This has been proven over and over and over yet liberals still think there is voter suppression going on when there is no proof of this.

If my wallet gets stolen and my my documentation proving I am a USA citizen is stolen. Bottom line is I cant vote.
I am an American Citizen not born in this country.
My documentation is stolen, I am screwed. I cannot vote due to laws you favor.

Any normal person keeps their birth certificate or naturalization papers at home in a strongbox so their life is not "lost" if their wallet is.

Voter ID is just smart, common sense policy. The only reason to be against it is to enable voter fraud, which we saw several cases of in 2008 and 2012. Who knows how much may be going on.

No ID? too bad, you do not get to vote along with the dozens of other things you cannot do. Boo hoo hoo.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others

• Jump to: