Malaru
Malaru
Joined: Mar 22, 2010
  • Threads: 79
  • Posts: 274
February 21st, 2013 at 10:47:18 PM permalink
Well. I have $70 in my name (which is currently a lot all things considered).

And im trying to decide between the following choices.

A) Take a bus trip to Tampa to the seminole casino and pay $35 for the bus, and I will have: $80 in free slot play, $55 in food credit, a $25 free bet for BJ or bac. Ill have to leave at 8:15am to get there around 11:30am- and leave there at 5pm. Slow drive, no hours of flexability- but save $25 over paying for gas (and the $35 I pay for round trip is turned into $30 free play on slots and $5 in food.

B) Drive my own self down to Tampa- paying about $60 in gas. But Ill get to set my own time table and get down a hell of a lot quicker 45 minutes to an hour one way)- Ill still have $50 in free slot play, the $25 free bet, and $50 in food credits.

C) Forgoing the freebies and just go to local poker room on a friday night for the nightly $500 / half hour high hand promotion and play 1-3 spread limit.

Im thinking with all the freebies being given to me (pretty generous for someone whos not beein there in FOREVER.. I should go to Tampa and take the bus since its less and turned into comp anyhow.


What you guys think? Paying $35 to ride on a bus and stay down there for 5 hours with $35 in cash left on me- but with $80 in slot play, $25 free table bet, and $55 in meal vouchers worth going? .. I would say that the expected return on that much free stuff woudl be worth the trip. I figured outside of a damn good meal for $50 (I like the food down there, they have a couple nice restraunts) I coudl expect a return of about $70 on the $105 in free play.
"Although men flatter themselves with their great actions, they are not so often the result of a great design as of chance." - Francois De La Rochefoucauld
tringlomane
tringlomane
Joined: Aug 25, 2012
  • Threads: 8
  • Posts: 6272
February 21st, 2013 at 11:03:24 PM permalink
I would go with D) None of the above. But if you must gamble on the last $70 you have, I go with A).
Malaru
Malaru
Joined: Mar 22, 2010
  • Threads: 79
  • Posts: 274
February 21st, 2013 at 11:12:47 PM permalink
Its not the last $70 I have. it just happens to be $70. Ive been out of work a long time- but I got my bills down to nill. This is just $70 to use one way or another. I figured I could take advantage of the offers.. just pay the bus fare and whatever cash I got from the freebies Id come back home with- so it woudl cost me half my money to get down there to use them (they would expire at end of month).. and if I have an expected return over $35 then Id be making a profit while having a good time and having some good food as well. I didnt really see a loss side to it.

The funds for this trip come from a few weekly poker games I deal. Tips honestly. So if I deal again Tuesday Ill have the $70-80 again.. its not hard work by any means, and the $70 is not irreplaceable. Im not ignoring bills with it (well, not ones I could make a dent in while unemployed).
"Although men flatter themselves with their great actions, they are not so often the result of a great design as of chance." - Francois De La Rochefoucauld
whatme
whatme
Joined: Apr 28, 2011
  • Threads: 8
  • Posts: 193
February 21st, 2013 at 11:42:25 PM permalink
Take the bus. It forces you to leave (hopefully with $) by 5. If you drive you might stay longer and loose the $.
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
Joined: Nov 9, 2009
  • Threads: 314
  • Posts: 8827
February 22nd, 2013 at 12:13:20 AM permalink
I think I'd quit going to casinos for the time being, but on the other hand might as well use up the freeplay etc. The bus, forcing you to quit, might be best, depending on whether you need the control.
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!” She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
tringlomane
tringlomane
Joined: Aug 25, 2012
  • Threads: 8
  • Posts: 6272
February 22nd, 2013 at 12:30:14 AM permalink
Quote: Malaru

Its not the last $70 I have. it just happens to be $70. Ive been out of work a long time- but I got my bills down to nill. This is just $70 to use one way or another. I figured I could take advantage of the offers.. just pay the bus fare and whatever cash I got from the freebies Id come back home with- so it woudl cost me half my money to get down there to use them (they would expire at end of month).. and if I have an expected return over $35 then Id be making a profit while having a good time and having some good food as well. I didnt really see a loss side to it.

The funds for this trip come from a few weekly poker games I deal. Tips honestly. So if I deal again Tuesday Ill have the $70-80 again.. its not hard work by any means, and the $70 is not irreplaceable. Im not ignoring bills with it (well, not ones I could make a dent in while unemployed).



I just assumed it was the last $70 you had for a week or whatever...I have been unemployed for terribly too long myself...and have ~$10k to my name...it blows; fortunately like you, I have no debt.
Miles1
Miles1
Joined: May 24, 2012
  • Threads: 5
  • Posts: 40
February 22nd, 2013 at 12:39:13 AM permalink
A, take the bus. You should have made it a poll. You have to consider the worse case scenario when you're short on funds. If you drive you could get a speeding ticket, blow a tire, hit a deer, etc. Plus, you get extra free play for taking the bus.
tringlomane
tringlomane
Joined: Aug 25, 2012
  • Threads: 8
  • Posts: 6272
February 22nd, 2013 at 1:00:38 AM permalink
Quote: Miles1

A, take the bus. You should have made it a poll. You have to consider the worse case scenario when you're short on funds. If you drive you could get a speeding ticket, blow a tire, hit a deer, etc. Plus, you get extra free play for taking the bus.



Yeah the bus ride is very inexpensive when considering the extra slot play.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
Joined: Oct 19, 2009
  • Threads: 265
  • Posts: 14484
February 22nd, 2013 at 4:33:51 AM permalink
Quote: Malaru


A) Take a bus trip to Tampa to the seminole casino and pay $35 for the bus, and I will have: $80 in free slot play, $55 in food credit, a $25 free bet for BJ or bac. Ill have to leave at 8:15am to get there around 11:30am- and leave there at 5pm. Slow drive, no hours of flexability- but save $25 over paying for gas (and the $35 I pay for round trip is turned into $30 free play on slots and $5 in food.



"A" is probably your best choice due to the time constraints and avoidance of gas expense.
The poker session might hone your skills more though... pulling a slot machine's handle ain't much of a skill.

What about the Gulf cruise from Tampa into international waters for a buffet, craps and miniBacc? Any freebies there? I think its called TradeWinds and the craps is 2x odds.

What about the Victory casino at Cape Canaveral? You can get a 40.00 dollar motel room and a 51.00 check from the casino ship, free pickup and delivery and a one-pass buffet. (Check the details, since I'm going on memory on this). They also have a bus program but its not at extensive Drive and Park program.
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
Joined: Jan 5, 2012
  • Threads: 67
  • Posts: 4299
February 22nd, 2013 at 12:16:52 PM permalink
Quote: Malaru

Im not ignoring bills with it (well, not ones I could make a dent in while unemployed).


I hope this doesn't mean you're carrying credit card debt or other high-interest debt. Your $70 would be more well spent paying that down than gambling.
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer

  • Jump to: