Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
November 4th, 2012 at 10:05:20 AM permalink
Doctor said i was healthy as a horse last check-up. I thought Breeder's CUP day, should have been thinking $1,500 claimer.
I do not believe in coincidences. Has saved me trouble and a possible jail sentence in the past.

So I was sitting at computer, because 1st day for sophomores to register for spring classes at Mesa State. Actually signing up for a walking class and a weight lifting class. Still feel as strong as ever but less stamina lately. Suddenly had sharp pain in left arm. Not tingling, sharp . Interior of arm, 8 inch pain area, centered on elbow. Strange ? Few minutes later had pain in center of chest. I do not believe in coincidences. Googl;e pain left arm, chest pain. Up pops Anxiety attack vs hear attack.

Have give anxiety attacks as a collector, but never on receiving end. But I had just finished a spicy breakfast burrito, so co-incidence of heart burn works for me. But try and throw up, no help. Remembering Mom's advice I change underwear for second time that morning.

Got back on computer. Heart attack other symptoms, nausea and sweating. Not good, I got both DAMN. Been 10 minutes so far, am watching 3 grand daughters 7, 5, and 3. Call them into house, tell them stay in front room and watch TV. Call wife, no answer, she is shopping with daughter. Walk to car, get as far as dialing 91 and decided would scare kids. Decided one of the 20 year old kids next door, are gonna drive me, whether they want to or not.

Phone rings, tell Josie come home now and I mean NOW. Luckily she is 3 blocks away. Try to get Mmary Jo to drive me but Josie won't have that. Mary Jo go inside with kids, Josie peels out. Get her to slow down until we hit 4 lane F road, speed limit 45.
Josie doing 85, honking horn. Tell her that only makes idiots slow down. Been in high speed chases before, once as the chasee. LOL

Hit ER, walk to wheel chair, roll me in, get up on gurney, take me EKG. Meanwhile defibrillator put on gurney. This is not looking.
good. Especially when nurse rips off EKG paper, rolls her eyes, fold paper over and runs down the hallway. This is starting to look a s serious as a heart attack.

Sure enough next stop surgery. Ask Doc if 5 minutes versus 15 makes a difference. He said NO , not really. EXHALE. Ask if I can stay awake, sure, normal procedure. Local in groin, Angiography. No pain meds please. No, not being a hard ass. Just don't want anything masked. Ok with Doc.

Painless really, put in a stint and chest pain is gone. Find out later this is second hard attack, Had one many many years ago, maybe while collecting LOL. Heart grew a by pass for me on that one, how nice!
Now I gotta take a bunch of meds for a year. Good news in heart has not been getting right amount of oxygen to heart for a while.
So maybe it wasn't old age slowing me down after all. Time will tell.

Speaking of time, you guys ain't getting rid of me that easy. Seriously thanks for all the well wishes. Meant a lot to me and my family.
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 236
November 4th, 2012 at 10:16:02 AM permalink
Glad to hear the good news Buzz!
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
November 4th, 2012 at 12:37:40 PM permalink
Quite a story!

Quote:

Has saved me trouble and a possible jail sentence in the past.

Good thing or he would need a punch in the nose.

You are not the only one with that story about a clean check-up. They just don't always catch this stuff.
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
midwestgb
midwestgb
  • Threads: 12
November 4th, 2012 at 2:30:05 PM permalink
Quote: Buzzard

Remembering Mom's advice I change underwear for second time that morning.

Line of the year.

Glad you are back.
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 67
November 4th, 2012 at 4:38:37 PM permalink
Glad to have you back Buzz. This place isn't the same without you!
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
November 4th, 2012 at 4:51:28 PM permalink
No more sausage grease gravy for breakfast.
Remember that, Buzz? My dad always made
gravy on Sunday out of the sausage fat that
was left in the pan and we put it on pancakes.
Good stuff..
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
bigpete88
bigpete88
  • Threads: 23
November 4th, 2012 at 5:02:43 PM permalink
Welcome back!!

Funny story teller that you are......glad that you are OK!!!
100xOdds
100xOdds
  • Threads: 640
November 4th, 2012 at 5:11:26 PM permalink
Buzzard
Threads: 3

wait.. u join this forum then immediately have a heart attack?!
Craps is paradise (Pair of dice). Lets hear it for the SpeedCount Mathletes :)
Buzzard
Buzzard
November 4th, 2012 at 6:36:47 PM permalink
Quote: 100xOdds

Buzzard

That's what I get for using an alias. Buzzard aka Buzz Paff
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
November 4th, 2012 at 6:42:26 PM permalink
Quote: bigpete88

Welcome back!!

Funny story teller that you are......glad that you are OK!!!

When was he ever OK before? Why do you think he's OK
now?
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
November 4th, 2012 at 6:45:36 PM permalink
Glad to see the stint went well, Buzz, welcome back!
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1493
November 4th, 2012 at 6:58:12 PM permalink
Thanks for the update, and welcome back Buzz. Sounds pretty similar to my father's heart attack story. You can expect some side effects from the medication, but otherwise I think you'll be back to normal in no time.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
bigpete88
bigpete88
  • Threads: 23
November 4th, 2012 at 7:17:42 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

When was he ever OK before? Why do you think he's OK
now?

Sorry,

I should have been more articulate.

I never thought Buzz was OK, he was just he...ha ha ha
Paradigm
Paradigm
  • Threads: 42
November 4th, 2012 at 9:02:11 PM permalink
Buzz, been out of town and just got back to my computer today. Read through both threads, glad you are doing better. My Dad has 6 stents total now, just turned 73 and had the last few put in 8-10 years ago....no issues post stents. Like you indicated, he is on meds, but really is doing great and for a guy that started on high BP medication at 42, I would say modern medicine has done great things for him. Be well!
Buzzard
Buzzard
November 5th, 2012 at 8:42:47 AM permalink
You would not say that if I vote for Mitt the loser Romney !
Buzzard
Buzzard
November 5th, 2012 at 8:43:32 AM permalink
Quote: tringlomane

Glad to see the stint went well, Buzz, welcome back!

Hell of a record 132 posts , no threads. NO FAIR

THANKS
Buzzard
Buzzard
November 5th, 2012 at 8:44:54 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

Thanks for the update, and welcome back Buzz. Sounds pretty similar to my father's heart attack story. You can expect some side effects from the medication, but otherwise I think you'll be back to normal in no time.

Thanks Wiz i am back to normal, but nurse might not have been. Got me blood type confused with my mental state.
On the chart she wrote ABnormal. LOL
Buzzard
Buzzard
November 5th, 2012 at 8:49:51 AM permalink
Got my meds yesterday Already had baby aspirins. Got 30 days of LIPITOR, PLAVIX, PRIVINIL, & TOPROL-XL. Luckily 2 just kicked in generic last month, so all 4 are now generic. $66 total, including the ever popular nitroglycerin.

Not a mood enhancer in the group, but all legal at least !

Glad your Dad is doing OK. Only thing wrong with Dads is they only come one to a customer. Still miss my dad.

Thanks for the well wishes !
100xOdds
100xOdds
  • Threads: 640
November 5th, 2012 at 12:14:33 PM permalink

Buzzard

and why use a 2nd acct?!?!
heck, why the mods allow a 2nd acct?!
Craps is paradise (Pair of dice). Lets hear it for the SpeedCount Mathletes :)
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
November 5th, 2012 at 12:38:00 PM permalink

Buzzard

and why use a 2nd acct?!?!
heck, why the mods allow a 2nd acct?!

uh oh. I think everybody was giving a pass on this, age has to be taken into account when it comes to the internet [?]
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
Buzzard
Buzzard
November 5th, 2012 at 12:50:36 PM permalink
I used a second one because I lost password to 1 st one. No conscious intent or I would have use something other than Buzzard.

Like, was anybody fooled ?
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
November 5th, 2012 at 1:00:16 PM permalink

I used a second one because I lost password to 1 st one. No conscious intent or I would have use something other than Buzzard.

Like, was anybody fooled ?

Some of the people, some of the time.

:)
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
Buzzard
Buzzard
November 5th, 2012 at 1:02:40 PM permalink
Perhaps, I just assume anybody I fooled would be whiting out my comments on the monitor.
RaleighCraps
RaleighCraps
  • Threads: 79
November 5th, 2012 at 1:04:33 PM permalink
Shouldn't the title read Healthy as an Arse, my horse! ????
Always borrow money from a pessimist; They don't expect to get paid back ! Be yourself and speak your thoughts. Those who matter won't mind, and those that mind, don't matter!
Buzzard
Buzzard
November 5th, 2012 at 1:08:51 PM permalink
NO I almost got suspended just for listing a possible explanation why a " stubborn poster " might be an ass. And well, the Wiz might have thought that was my Baltimoron accent and suspe3nded me again. Speaking of accents, Switch speaks English, but damn if it
sounds like it. LOL
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
November 5th, 2012 at 1:17:24 PM permalink

Perhaps, I just assume anybody I fooled would be whiting out my comments on the monitor.

It was getting too expensive in whiteout, and then when I moved the mouse, i kept seeing the comments again anyways.
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
RaleighCraps
RaleighCraps
  • Threads: 79
November 5th, 2012 at 1:26:31 PM permalink

NO I almost got suspended just for listing a possible explanation why a " stubborn poster " might be an ass. And well, the Wiz might have thought that was my Baltimoron accent and suspe3nded me again. Speaking of accents, Switch speaks English, but damn if it
sounds like it. LOL

lol. Sounds like Buzz is feeling much better. Keep on mending
Always borrow money from a pessimist; They don't expect to get paid back ! Be yourself and speak your thoughts. Those who matter won't mind, and those that mind, don't matter!
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 142
November 5th, 2012 at 6:32:07 PM permalink
Great to have you back!
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
Buzzard
Buzzard
November 5th, 2012 at 7:09:04 PM permalink
Quote: Mission146

Great to have you back!

Just remember that when ruling on my next suspension !
Switch
Switch
November 5th, 2012 at 7:48:59 PM permalink
Great to see you back and in full form Buzz.

My father collapsed in the bathroom on Saturday night and was taken to hospital. Fortunately, it was nothing too serious and I was picking him up from there just 2 hours later - he suffers from low blood pressure and I think he overdid things that evening. He's had 2 heart attacks, last one over 30 years ago. He's just turned 85 and still does my accounts so he keeps his mind active.
Buzzard
Buzzard
November 5th, 2012 at 8:23:57 PM permalink
I will add your dad to my prayer list. My days of bragging I don't take pills are gone now. But I did walk into the hospital and out 48 hours later. The only problem with dads is they only come one to a customer. As you daughters appreciate. Do not know how successful G2E was for you, but making it back for Lucy's birthday was an accomplishment to be proud of.
Switch
Switch
November 6th, 2012 at 10:31:01 AM permalink

Do not know how successful G2E was for you, but making it back for Lucy's birthday was an accomplishment to be proud of.

Yeah, seeing the surprise on her face was priceless :-) Glad you are doing the right thing to keep your health in shape - see you at the next G2E if not before.
Buzzard
Buzzard
November 6th, 2012 at 10:35:24 AM permalink
It's a real long shot on the before, but a definite for next G2E. Expect to see less of me in either pounds or stones. Have you thought
of posting that facebook pix on here, so others can see the REAL you ?
Switch
Switch
November 6th, 2012 at 12:51:15 PM permalink

It's a real long shot on the before, but a definite for next G2E. Expect to see less of me in either pounds or stones. Have you thought
of posting that facebook pix on here, so others can see the REAL you ?

I was feeling a bit under the weather when I had this one taken last week :-)

Buzzard
Buzzard
November 6th, 2012 at 8:57:00 PM permalink
Josie says to cancel our plans to visit England !
Switch
Switch
November 7th, 2012 at 6:39:28 AM permalink

Josie says to cancel our plans to visit England !

Just eat plenty of garlic, you'll be fine :-) lol
Buzzard
Buzzard
November 7th, 2012 at 8:45:57 AM permalink
Quote: Switch

Just eat plenty of garlic, you'll be fine :-) lol

Do you have a license to practice medicine ?

" Garlic is a traditional remedy with properties that may help lower your risk for continued heart disease and another heart attack.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/458198-garlic-after-a-heart-attack/#ixzz2BYXVie5f
  • Jump to: