TIMSPEED
TIMSPEED
  • Threads: 89
October 17th, 2012 at 1:13:15 PM permalink
So I was reading Bob's weekly column, and this caught my eye...
Quote: Bob Dancer

Even though I average $150,000 per month playing 9/6 Double Double Bonus Quick Quads, I play most of it on 2x point days --- where I have the advantage even though I'm behind on that game this year --- and my monthly mailers are usually $10 or $20 per week. I think mailers go up to $75 a week. Playing a lot of slots could boost my mailer.

Whaaaat?!? Bob Dancer plays for only a $15 per week mailer?! I honestly don't see the point there...
Shoot, I'm a small timer ($20k per month) and I get $200 per week! (PLUS RFB)
Just doesn't seem like it would be worth someone's time (ESPECIALLY Bob Dancer) to play vP for a $20 a week mailer...
Gambling calls to me...like this ~> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Nap37mNSmQ
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 236
October 17th, 2012 at 1:16:52 PM permalink
I'm no expert, but playing exclusively on promotion days, or only on 100%+ return machines is a quick way to get 86'd from the promotion chuckwagon.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
TIMSPEED
TIMSPEED
October 17th, 2012 at 1:18:38 PM permalink
Quote: Ayecarumba

I'm no expert, but playing exclusively on promotion days, or only on 100%+ return machines is a quick way to get 86'd from the promotion chuckwagon.

That's why you play on 99.73% games. ;)
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
October 17th, 2012 at 1:23:41 PM permalink
I doubt he would be playing unless he believes he has at least a one to two percent advantage. In the article he doesn't say he is playing that amount for the mailers. Between the points he is earning and the other promotions he will have an advantage.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
bigfoot66
bigfoot66
  • Threads: 54
October 17th, 2012 at 1:25:53 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

I doubt he would be playing unless he believes he has at least a one to two percent advantage. In the article he doesn't say he is playing that amount for the mailers. Between the points he is earning and the other promotions he will have an advantage.

I remember him writing that the best he can do at the stakes he prefers to play at is often only a .4% edge.
Vote for Nobody 2020!
teddys
teddys
  • Threads: 150
October 17th, 2012 at 1:48:37 PM permalink
Quote: bigfoot66

I remember him writing that the best he can do at the stakes he prefers to play at is often only a .4% edge.

The edges these days SUCK. Sometimes a play will pop up that is 0.5-2%, but for consistent play, the best you can do is often only <0.5%. You need a HUGE bankroll to weather this kind of variance and make any significant amount of money. The rest of us are basically just spinning our wheels, hoping for just some slightly-better-than-average variance.
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
RogerKint
RogerKint
  • Threads: 15
October 17th, 2012 at 2:30:41 PM permalink
Quote: TIMSPEED

Whaaaat?!? Bob Dancer plays for only a $15 per week mailer?! I honestly don't see the point there...
Shoot, I'm a small timer ($20k per month) and I get $200 per week! (PLUS RFB)
Just doesn't seem like it would be worth someone's time (ESPECIALLY Bob Dancer) to play vP for a $20 a week mailer...

I saw the post also and was pretty disappointed. I started putting in 150k+ per month (since August) only on promo days and so far have only gotten $10 free slot play per week/$10 food credit per month. The people at the players club swear I'll get more as the months tally up and mumbled something about me being too new. I can't wait to get my November mailer but reading Bob's post kinda made me lose hope.
100% risk of ruin
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 67
October 17th, 2012 at 2:34:51 PM permalink
He mentions points and then he mentions the mailers - I'm pretty sure he redeems the points for cash or free play and the mailers are not included in his calculation of having the advantage. Just my guess, I'm not a VP player.
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
TIMSPEED
TIMSPEED
October 17th, 2012 at 2:49:02 PM permalink
Quote: AcesAndEights

He mentions points and then he mentions the mailers - I'm pretty sure he redeems the points for cash or free play and the mailers are not included in his calculation of having the advantage. Just my guess, I'm not a VP player.

Problem is...
I could do that too...i can convert up to $500 a month ($1000 in comp) but why would you want to...i mean, like I said I get $200 a week, and I accumulate like $100 per week in comps...which I use to eat on...
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
October 17th, 2012 at 3:24:22 PM permalink
Quote: TIMSPEED

and I accumulate like $100 per week in comps...which I use to eat on...

Isn't that a waste if you're RFB anyway?
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
TIMSPEED
TIMSPEED
October 17th, 2012 at 3:27:10 PM permalink
Quote: rdw4potus

Isn't that a waste if you're RFB anyway?

That's what I mean by RFB...
Rooms are mailer driven, so always free
Food is paid for through comps/dining credits
Booze, well....is always free, lol.
  • Jump to: